• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New guy, looking to buy a V7 café classic, lime

LaGrasta

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Hello, I thought I'd introduce myself as I imagine I'll be spending time here once I actually purchase a V7. I live in MIssion Viejo, work in Anaheim in marketing (Securitas USA) and have been riding since about age 4. I grew up in Youngstown, OH and rode dirt bikes most everyday after school, right out of our garage to any of the local woods, fields, etc.

I've owned many different bikes over the years but have had my eye on a lime V7 for a few years now and am hopefully close to getting one as soon as I find the right one. What's interesting is my daily driver car is a '63 Ford Falcon, flat lime painted years before the V7 lime was introduced. I achieved the color by painting the car 2004 Saturn color, Sublime Lime, then adding a flatner to the clear coat, they look almost identical in color. Take a look at acescarclub.com

Thanks for having me, hope to talk again soon, Anthony

Anthony, well then, welcome in advance to the SoCal fold! Sounds like we are similarly aligned in the riding timeline department (but sprinkle in a few decades of racing for me), nice. Do you have a line on a limey V7C yet or are you just looking?

Look forward to seeing you aboard one here soon. There's a NorCo SD ride starting up monthly again, so perhaps can meet you there.

Also, you're aware that the first limey green V7 was built in '71, yes?

Attachments

• V7Sport.jpg
    V7Sport.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 797
No I wasn't, ha! I have seen pics and expected they copied the newer V7 color, too funny. I was born in '67, perfect! And I'm of Italian decent (Molfetta, IT).
NorSD ride sounds like something I could make, once I get the bike. I have a nice lead on a 2010 in NorCal now, but it's still early, haven't been able to talk to the seller. He is supposed to call soon… MIles are low and the price seems fair.
Currently, I am building a Honda Guzzi wanna be, 1982 Honda GL500i. Like so many others on the band wagon, I'm converting it to a bobber/cafe style. It's really coming along nice, but will be months yet before it's on the rode. The engine is completely done, painted and awaiting the frame. It's now being gone through with each passing weekend.

LaGrasta, welcome to Guzzi! I like the V7 series. It's like a vintage bike in modern clothes.

Good luck on you next purchase, whatever you choose.

Joe

Nice, and they made another version in '00-01 called the V11 Sport (shown below).
Best of luck getting a bike... Chat again soon.

Attachments

• Moto_Guzzi_V11_Sport_1.jpg
    Moto_Guzzi_V11_Sport_1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 784
Love the green Cafe V7 ! Good luck finding one, if you find two, call me ! The V7 Sport limeys hark from 71/72 ;) , themselves inspired by Moto Guzzi`s flat green grand prix racing dustbins of the mid 50`s.
The green oxide primers of that era were used to protect the magnesium and alloy fairings from oxidation and weighed much less than `paint `.

Friend of mine has one posted on WildGuzzi. Can't remember the price. Check it out. He's done some nice suspension and performance upgrades to it. He not putting any effort in selling and is in no rush. I'm not signed up on Wildguzzi yet so, I don't know where he posted it. Otherwise I would post a link. The classified section is the MGNOC and its not there so he probably started a thread.

Rafael said:
I don't know where he posted it. Otherwise I would post a link.

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/3133580082.html

and

http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=55826.0

Not my bike but I have seen it in person briefly a couple of times: once when I passed him and once when he passed me :) Very pretty machine! I can also attest to the transformation that Traxxion AK-20 kit can bring; had one on my V11 and, expensive as it is, it's worth every penny.

This V7 truly has all the RIGHT upgrades, the ones that matter most and cost the most.

Thanks for all the feedback. The San Fran bike for sale does seem to be a good one, I have inquired about it. He wrote he was in the ER when I inquired and that he would return my call in a few days. I'm hoping to hear something this week, anxiously.
I actually discovered another one in NY today for only $4200! I inquired and he said he already sold it, an hour after listing it. I replied, "Yeah, no kidding."

I bought Damien's V7 this past weekend (800 miles round trip). WIth gas, food, hotel for the whole family, spent another $700! UGH!
I'm very pleased with it though. I can't wait to get to a Guzzi dealership to see accessories and such. Damien has done significant upgrades on this particular bike. Very cool. :cool:

Congrats! Look forward to seeing you out and about on it. Post often!

If you need any help with anything, ping me direct.

Drove to work today, first ride. After about 25 miles, I'm comfortable and pleased overall. I really like the drivetrain, I knew I would as I like Vs, but the tranny really impressed me, very smooth, unlike my Sportster which for some reason I was expecting to be similar.

Now about the fuel tank recall. How do I go about having this checked or taken care of?

LaGrasta said:
Now about the fuel tank recall. How do I go about having this checked or taken care of?
The newer Guzzi's shift amazingly well, no doubt... big and small blocks.

Call GP Moto, and give them your VIN#, ask them to check all the recalls and status. They should be able to help you from there.

I live in Ca. and have a 2011 V7 Racer for sale with 800 miles on it. You could paint the tank and fender it would look great with red frame. The number plates can be removed also. It has the upgraded suspension already. ~T~

DucDucGoose said:
I live in Ca. and have a 2011 V7 Racer for sale with 800 miles on it. You could paint the tank and fender it would look great with red frame. The number plates can be removed also. It has the upgraded suspension already. ~T~

Thanks, but I already own a 2010 V7.

Back