• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Guy on Board

X1Glider

Just got it firing!
I've been scouring the forum for a few days, trying to learn some tidbits about modern Guzzi ownership. The '12 Stelvio NTX is calling my name. Trouble is, up until last week, I'd not seen any Guzzi in person since '98. So, I know little about them. If ownership and maintenance is anything like the boxers I've had (R1100GS and R1100SA) I'm sure I'll be ok. But I admit dealer support has me a bit worried for long trips, should I need a part.

I really just want another twin in the stable. My mistake, buying an I-4 last October in the form of a Ninja 1000. Nice sportbike like package but better suited to everyday commuting and touring with the ability to go 165 mph with hard cases. But, 123 RWHP be damned, I find it absolutely boring. The R1100SA with Ohlins actually handled better in the turns, was more stable braking and more comfortable overall. But 160k miles came up and I wanted something more reliable for a future Trans-Lab trip.

Oh well, my mistake.

Anyway, been motoring along since '89 on 8 various era Harleys, half a dozen Buells, a Bonnie, 2 Beemers, 2 Honda singles (XL and CRF). Raced a HD and a few Buells in CMRA and a couple Buells at Bonneville and the Texas mile.

Been to 49 USA states, 6 Mexican ones and all but 3 provinces. Planning Newfoundland and Labrador and Nunavut is out unless I can put the bike in sea plane. Lived in the UK for 4 years too. Got the travel bug.

I run over little old ladies but brake for turtles and help them across the road, ride street bikes off road and ride to eating destinations to eat anything with bacon including bacon ice cream and bacon jerky (you figure that one out!)

Enough for now. I'll be asking questions in due time. That Stelvio NTX is haunting my dreams.

Welcome! I'm new here too but it's been a decent joint so far.

Like you I rode BMW's for years including the R100GS and the R1150GS. Gave up of them with the incredible self-destructing final drives of the R1200GS.

Stelvio NTX calling your name? You don't say... :lol: Join the club! Here you will find a great many of us who have been smitten by the NTX and are waiting, and waiting, and waiting for our bikes to arrive. :angry:

In fact, I think we all check here multiple times a day just to see if anybody screams "I got mine!" so we can ring up our respective dealers and grumble! :p

My friend broke down with its 04RT last year in the Carolinas...
It was the fuel pump (54K miles) and it was on Saturday but they didn't have one in stock of course! :roll:
They couldn't get one until Tuesday, lol. Niiiiiiiiiiiiice.
He since bought a new GSA and got into a mild wreck... Took 2 weeks to get all the part, GTFO!!
Useless if you ask me...
How good is a freaking dealer if they don't have squat in stock and if it takes forever to get the damn part.
Not to mention that it's a common failure next to the end drive (his brother with the same bike broke the same part).

With my Griso, I can get parts from Dahlonega GA in 2 days cause they have stock and they are 500 miles away from me. ;)
You'll enjoy a Guzzi Sir. :p

Wot 'e says!

Any dealer worth their salt will have the stock on hand, and like the others say a day or two away from ordering to receiving. Most stuff can be done at home by most people. GOOD help is available on this forum as well as several others - all it requires is a little patience. The upside is you will learn more about your Guzzi and she will be with you a long time if you treat her well and get to understand her moods. There are some very knowledgeable people here and no question is too dumb to ask.

Remember, you don't own an Italian bike, you have an affair with one - always good enough to go back to see whenever you want...

Oz1200Guzzi said:
Remember, you don't own an Italian bike, you have an affair with one - always good enough to go back to see whenever you want...

Here, here! Wot 'e says! :p and Bob's your uncle! :D

scottmastrocinque, used to live in Perrysburg 30 years ago. Went back for a nostalgia visit 2 years ago. Looks pretty much the same to me except the trees are bigger. That and the bridge into Maumee has moved ove about 500 ft. And there's a bass pro shops! :D I also remember living near the Cooper tire plant in Findlay before moving out to P-burg. pew!!! cough-cough.

What a coincidence. Although born and raised in San Diego, California, 30+ years ago, I lived in Lubbock, Texas. Also Odessa, and later Dallas and Garland. Did my 11th grade at L.V. Berkner High in Richardson. Before I moved here 8 yrs ago, I lived in Canyon, TX. Sisters still live in Amarillo. Did a 1 month contract job in your neighborhhod at Brown & Root a long time ago. Houston was um...flat. ;)

I'm glad it's worked for you because for me, "happiness" was Texas in my rear view mirror! :p :lol:

Are you two on that Stelvio thread on ADV?
I swear everyone is waiting for their Stelvio, lol.

Eric Plante said:
hi,
Juste to let you know guys, my dealer (in Drummondville, province of Quebec) received a Stelvio NTX last friday. Your wait should ends soon!

Merci beaucoup! Tu es tres gentil. :)

Back