• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Guy the block

ELVISTO

Tuned and Synch'ed
Joined the Forum a few minutes ago , thought I'd just say hello ,and thanks for having me,
Pretty chuffed really, bought a new Stelvio last week , and had it delivered today,fantastic machine can't wait to get out and about tomorrow, hope the fog stays away,
Bought it from Haywards of Cambridge, very pleased with their service, what nice people to deal with.
By the way it's Black, had the alloy panniers, heated grips, Hugger and tank bag .
All for now must go in the garage make sure it's ok :dry:

ELVISTO wrote:
By the way it's Black, had the alloy panniers, :

Elvisto, Welcome and good luck with the bike. Could you measure the width of the bike with the panniers? Thanks.

t

Welcome Elvisto! Look forward to many more posts from you here, as to your Stelvio journey. Also, love to have some photos (of you and your big S) to post here, and also get your info to have you listed on the Worldwide Registry as seen HERE. Send all info/photos to me direct e-mail when ready; Todd at GuzziTech.com or PM me for more info.

Oh crap, not another one. You blokes have all the fun, and there is still no sign of the Stelvio here. :angry: :(

Welcome to the asylum Elv, I hope to see your report of the Stelvio's performance in the dirt and gnarly stuff at your earliest convenience :) Enough of this namby pamby road stuff, let's hear about an intrepid guzzisti going where no other Guzzi has gone before and make sure you take plenty of pics OK!

Oh and did I say welcome, yes I believe I did, but welcome anyway.......

nomad wrote:
Welcome - fantastic bike - love mine especially since it is the Italian Red ;)

Did nobody tell you- its only the Red ones that break down :lol:

Well Guys, went out on my new Stelvio on Saturday morning, didn't mention before but I bought it for my 65th birthday which was on Saturday, so only right to have the first ride then :laugh:
Just brilliant, very impressed, the riding position is perfect for me , I have the seat and the screen on the lowest position and it's just right, should be getting the rear hugger next week, so it should stop some of the muck sticking on the rear spring etc,
Managed 80 miles before coming in with frost bite:silly: be glad when it gets a little warmer. cheers Graham

Hi ELVISTO

I was not cold saturday but it sure is today, -3 with 4ins of snow.

Now that has ruined todays ride out:laugh:

By the way did you know that RED Stelvio's are the fastest:laugh:

Come on ELVISTO lets have some photos, get em posted ASAP:)

Loftyjohn

I'll do do the pictures next time i'm out,not as cold today though, not had that much snow here on the staffs/cheshire border, but the gritters have been out, so salt all over the place, just had a call while typing from Haywards of Cambridge, my rear hugger has been despatched should have it wednesday at the latest, I've had the heated grips fitted ,found them really good, only had my summer gloves on at the weekend, so they should be brilliant with my winter one,
Just need the tank bag sending in the next couple of weeks, not seen one yet hope it's ok, quite expensive though, better to have one that fits properly than to have it keep sliding off, regards Graham

ELVISTO wrote:
Hi Blackcat, Total width 41 inches, very well made panniers also the frame is very substantial,
ok Tod I'll do that at the weekend
thanks G

E, thanks.

Are you sure about that 41 inches ??? Can you re-check or someone verify this ?? 41 inch seems waaaaaaay wide to me. Im used to 34 inch wide Jesse bags that carry 40 percent more stuff.

Hi Mann
Yes, its definitely 41 inches. I attach a picture that demonstrates how much width is attributable to the hangers!
Despite that, I took them on a 2000 mile spin through the Alps to Nice and on to Turin without incident. Managed to avoid the tunnel walls, although it may have been a near run thing!
Cheers
Martin

Thanks pbears you beat me to it,
My rear hugger arrived today from Skidmarx, just fitted it takes about half an hour, very well made, should keep some of the road muck off the rear spring etc, look good too B)

Thanks Pbears, thanks so much. Wow, thats just poor design to me.

Sheeze, look at all that crazy wasted space just making those bags stick out. Somebody has to adapt a pair of Jesse bags with an exhaust cutaway or lowered muffler. Im not talking up the GS but, again, the Jesse Safari bags ( Jesse Luggage Systems ) on my 1200GS are designed to be really tucked-in. They carry waaay more cargo than these Guzzi bags but measure only 34 inches , side to side.

My understanding is that Al Jesse has been contacted about the Stelvio and said he could make a set of mounts but he needs a bike for about 4 weeks. Guzzi NA wont spare one for that time period. Jesse could have made a set that could have been labeled by Guzzi and sold as such.

Hey Mann!! you don't have to buy the alloy bags with frame, you can get the Guzzi plastic ones that fit the bike without the frames, will try and post a picture, when I find out how to do it:laugh:

Yeah, whats the measured width on the plastic ones ?? Hmmmm, I dunno about those pretty, shiny lids. I go off road a lot. Maybe I could Rhino Liner them on the outside.

Back