• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Guzzi owner in CT

GerryP

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Greetings,

All my previous posts have been in the Regional/North East section so I guess it's time to pop over here.

I'm Gerry and I live in Connecticut and I have a 2015 V7 Stone in glorious Guzzi Red. She is currently being enhanced up at Hamlin Cycles in Bethel Ct.

A lot of the information I used to make my decision to "Go Guzzi" came from this site, so a big thank you to everyone here.

Below is her pic as she sits 99% done.

Sweet Guzzi

Gerry, thanks for popping over... I was going to separate the posts that started on your great looking V7, congrats! Glad to have you aboard, and happy to be of help in working with Jim and the crew there.
Odd question, can the saddlebags swap sides? Seems the angle would be more favorable if swapped unless there's an issue I'm not seeing?
I'm sure you're looking forward to getting the first ride in on it.
Keep the posts coming.

Gerry, thanks for popping over... I was going to separate the posts that started on your great looking V7, congrats! Glad to have you aboard, and happy to be of help in working with Jim and the crew there.
Odd question, can the saddlebags swap sides? Seems the angle would be more favorable if swapped unless there's an issue I'm not seeing?
I'm sure you're looking forward to getting the first ride in on it.
Keep the posts coming.
Todd,

Feel free to seperate/combine the posts to whatever is best for the forum.

I'm not sure if the bags (Guzzi oem semi rigid) can be swapped, but I like the visual sight line and easy access to the rear suspension with the current set up. The H&B bags would have covered up a good portion of the rear. Since the V7 is a small bike I choose the V46 top case vs the V47 (too angular) or the V52 (too big).

Some of the other tasty bits are...rear shocks from the V7 Racer, Race Tech front, AF1 racing rear sets, MRA windscreen, Stelvio handguards, Guzzi engine guard, Arrow slip ons, V7 Racer seat, Garmin 390 LM GPS w/tire pressure monitors, Guzzi centerstand and the Euro sidestand, powder coated rims, Guzzi Tech extended sump, Strada 7 CNC Carbon fiber adjustable levers.

This is my retirement bike so I did go a bit overboard.

Gerry

Front view:
V7FrontView GerryP

Last edited:
Greetings,

All my previous posts have been in the Regional/North East section so I guess it's time to pop over here.

I'm Gerry and I live in Connecticut and I have a 2015 V7 Stone in glorious Guzzi Red. She is currently being enhanced up at Hamlin Cycles in Bethel Ct.

A lot of the information I used to make my decision to "Go Guzzi" came from this site, so a big thank you to everyone here.

View attachment 8237
Greetings,

View attachment 8237
Hi Gerry.Welcome to the clan. Bike looks good. I have a 2013 V7 Special. Cafe seat, GuzziTech Sump, OEM crash bars, Agostini Exhaust and Corsaitaliana bar end mirrors. You'll love it!

Hi Gerry.Welcome to the clan. Bike looks good. I have a 2013 V7 Special. Cafe seat, GuzziTech Sump, OEM crash bars, Agostini Exhaust and Corsaitaliana bar end mirrors. You'll love it!
View attachment 8269
Larry,
Thanks for the compliments.
I lke the colors on your bike especially the color matched fenders. A future project may be to repaint mine.
I opted for the Arrows vs the Agostini system.
Where in Ct are you located? if you are anywhere near Hamlin cycles in Bethel stop by and see her in person.
Hope to have her home soon!!

Gerry

Larry,
Thanks for the compliments.
I lke the colors on your bike especially the color matched fenders. A future project may be to repaint mine.
I opted for the Arrows vs the Agostini system.
Where in Ct are you located? if you are anywhere near Hamlin cycles in Bethel stop by and see her in person.
Hope to have her home soon!!

Gerry
Old Greenwich. We're sure to run into each other. Ciao

I think that silver fenders and side covers would look killer with that red tank. I've often thought about painting my white one in those colors. Give it that old MV Augusta look from the 70's.

I think that silver fenders and side covers would look killer with that red tank. I've often thought about painting my white one in those colors. Give it that old MV Augusta look from the 70's.
thank you for the suggestion.
Any further enhancments are going to have to wait a bit.

I like the colors as is except I would want the cast wheels. Personal preference as I hate cleaning spokes! The chrome spoke wheels look great but my propensity for lazyness mandates spokes be gone.

Back