• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Guzzi owner on the way

sandy

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Was recommended this site buy a guy I met at the dealers whilst looking at Guzzi's.
Well, I've tried so many bikes now.
Ducati Monster, Aprillia Shiver, Kawasaki W800, a few Triumphs and so on.
Out of all of these, the Guzzi V7 Cafe for me at least, stands head and shoulders above any of them.
So I'm wondering if there are any known about issues with them.
Am I right in thinking it's basically the old Monza with new clothes ?
My local dealer also has the special edition version, which is breath taking.
I think that could be the one.
What are your thoughts on these.

Hi Sandy, first, welcome to the site. I'm sure a handful of V7C owners will chime in, but you are correct in your assessment of it being a Monza in new clothes... just a big brother (larger bore) with a handful of modern technology to make it pass world emission requirements. Some find the fueling/throttle/power delivery OK as delivered, others can't stand it. A good dealer is important in the first handful months of ownership; insure proper set up and mapping, etc. Once it's broken in, it will deliver many happy (s)miles. We offer about everything you would probably want to "fix" to make it the perfect Guzzi. Hope to see your next post sitting on your new V7.

The new V7 is so much more than "an old Monza with new clothes." The engine and frame is Guzzi's oldest design and all of the bugs have been worked out. The engine is simple and easy to work on, and performs terrifically as a reliable everyday ride, or just something to take down to the cafe on weekends.

Do you have any specific questions?

Joe

Hi sandy,

Welcome to the world of Guzzi...

Is the bike in my avatar "the special edition"?
I have this one now for about a month and would really recommand it. It is agile, looks stunning and the lack in horsepower everybody complains about is absolutely non-sense.
I owned a triump daytona in the past (twin 500cc) a beast in my opion in those days ... and the guzz outperfroms her in everything. (i traded my Ducati 900 supersport for the guzz so know what power is...)
In the beginning had some trouble with tubes coming off and spraying oil all over.. now that s fixed and it is the stunning bike i thought it would be.
If you stop at a gas station... you can chat about your Guzzi if you want.
Maybe the best compliment came from a guy who did a roadtest for a magazine on a V7C..... he liked it so much he bought the testbike in the end... have never heard of something similar before..

Greetz from holland

RoB

OK well I ordered my new bike today.
It is the V7 Racer.
I collect on Tuesday.
It cost a lot more than the standard bike but when you look at the spec it doesn't seem so bad.
Those rearsets alone are WOW !
Then there's the adjustable shocks and tidy looking red frame.
I've exchanged my Honda CBR600 for this bike.
When I did my test ride, I realised that a sports bike is a waste of time for me.
This bike operates far better in the lower rev range, which is where I prefer to be these days.
I have not ridden the actual V7 racer but my dealer told me it is identical to ride to their V7 Cafe demonstrator which I did ride.
Wish me luck
:D

sandy said:
OK well I ordered my new bike today. It is the V7 Racer. I collect on Tuesday.
Wish me luck.
No luck needed, congrats Sandy, welcome to the famiglia! We'll be watching for your post(s) once it arrives. Feel free to send me pictures if you have any problem getting them on this site, or for the Registry.

Exciting news.

Thanks.
I'm really excited now.
This is my first Guzzi.
You know when you've bought the right bike when you set it as your screensaver
:lol:
My dealer tells me I'm not alone in my transition from sports bike to plodder.
He say's they're seeing a lot of riders like me, who have tired of high performance and are looking for something different.
Interesting to see the Dutch guy say he traded a Ducati 900SS for this bike.
I had such a lot of fun riding the demo bike.
I was just grinning ear to ear and it's been years since I had that feeling on a bike.
Cushty
:cool:

Congrats!
After an 18 year hiatus from riding (I had an '81 CX100 LeMans), I picked up a used Nevada Classic a month ago.
Welcome to the wonderful world of Guzzi!
Chris

Congrats! Its a real fun bike. I go out to the garage just to look at my white Classic! (more like stare and drool). I love mine.

At first, I had a couple of minor niggles; a couple of loose screws, and a intermittent connector- all sorted now. My 09 Classic has been totally reliable since and just seems to be getting better and better with each ride. Lots of good advice here and elsewhere.

The tranny is very tight when new and takes a couple of thousand miles to loosen up. The engine will feel stronger with each mile too. I added a few accessories to help the engine run a bit richer and improve the cold start nature (better plugs and caps) progressive springs in the forks, chrome fastners, etc....

sandy, welcome to the small blocks rule gang :lol: :lol: Have just turned 16,000 miles on my White V7C, and have been smiling all the while.

The old (small blocks rule :twisted: ) Bill ;)

Sorry I completely forgot I started this thread.
So yep, I now have New V7 Racer and what a great bike.
I wasn't prepared for all the conversations I was going to have to get engaged in.
Last week I went to a local bike festival and it took me a good 20 minutes to leave as people just kept coming up and asking me questions about the bike.
OK so the bike is definitely a styling excersize but what the hell.
I have found that both fellow riders and non riders alike go out of their way to compliment the bike, which can only be a good thing surely.
As for the ride, well it's certainly a lot different to what I'm used too in terms of performance, but then this for me was an excersize in slowing down.
I'd just become so weary of chasing extra power in machines I was never going to get near the limits of anyway.
I've fitted a belly pan and some bar end mirrors and apart from a nose fairing perhaps, I think is it as far as mods go.
I had contemplated a pair of more open silencers but feel that the benefit was far outweighed by the cost and anyway, the vintage bike crowd I often hang out with tell me that she sounds lovely as I'm pulling in, so I think I'll leave well alone.
I've taken off the number 7 nose cowl and tail piece, which gives the bike a much more understated look, although I do feel it needs something on the front.
I found a company the reproduce the Le Mans Mark 1 fairing which I think might be cool.
I feel that this bike is a keeper.
:D

Penderic said:
Congrats! Its a real fun bike. I go out to the garage just to look at my white Classic! (more like stare and drool). I love mine.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this. Every time I need to walk out to the garage for something, I find myself standing an admiring my white Classic for a little while. I even seem to be finding reasons to walk out there, just to look at it.

Back