• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New H&B bags mounted on Breva 750

Mike.C

High Miler
Recovered Data, originaly posted by bimmerheadbri

Well I finally got around to mounting the 40L H&B Guzzi panniers on my Breva 750.

They are pretty dang big. They actually stick out wider than the handlebars (not by much, but I will have to take care in tight spots. They went on pretty much without any hitches. Absolutely NO instructions, just some common sense. Used some blue loctite just to be sure nothing would be coming loose.

I packed them already with my son's (13 yrs) riding gear since it is his birthday tomorrow and I am taking him out of school for the afternoon - picking him up with the Breva. All the kids will be SOOOO envious.

Here are some pics.

H&B_panniers_rear.jpg

Breva_w_pannier_side_view.jpg

H&B_rack_lights.jpg

[img ]http://members.shaw.ca/brian.dorais/H&B_rack_side_view.jpg[/img]

Breva_side_profile.jpg

H&B_panniers_from_seat.jpg

Note the NEW front signal flasher thanks to Anders Holt from Sweden. Thanks Anders!

Breva_w_pannier_front.jpg

Those do look good, Mike. (Same goes for the mirrors!)

Not to hijack the thread but what kind of riding gear were you able to obtain for your kid? I’m looking into that for my 11 year-old.

Spark%20mossa%20Boy%202.jpg
Spark%20mossa%20Fancy.jpg

??? :laugh:

Alberto, do check the German biggies - Louis, Polo, Hein Gericke, Held, Büse - they all offer decent clothes for the young ones, at reasonable prices.

Kid - what kid?

I haven't seen any rug rats around our house, If you see one, please let me know because I would need to make a quick call to my friendly local pest exterminator.

I realize this thread is a little old - but curious to know more. Are these the same bags as the 40l HB Junior cases? Do the 40l cases clear the exhaust OK?

Have you tried putting Givi bags on the HB rack at all?

Thanks!

-Matt

losinghand said:
I realize this thread is a little old - but curious to know more. Are these the same bags as the 40l HB Junior cases? Do the 40l cases clear the exhaust OK?

Have you tried putting Givi bags on the HB rack at all?

Thanks!

-Matt

Aren't the bags seen H&B 40-liters? Think so.
Only diffrence is that they are wider than the 30-liters.

For clearance to the mufflers H&B are manufacturing two different racks for the Breva, godknowwhy. Somebody gave an explanation somewhere; maybe - I think so - the lower rack is sold as a OEM Guzzi, and the higher one as the H&B.
Do note that the H&B doesn't have the possibility to relocate the rear signal-lamps to the rack, as seen on the Guzzi-rack. OTOH your bags won't melt down on the H&Bs. :mrgreen:

The low Guzzi-rack
3005223178_0303883704_m.jpg

-and the H&B
472507673_13d1d59d66_m.jpg

Here's one of my 30-liters mounted

P1000271.jpg

With a tank-bag and maybe a small pack-roll they give me enough storage-space for a 3-week vacation. The smaller bags makes lane-splitting a bit easier, useful in crowded European cities - or motorway queues. :roll:

I thought every Breva 750 had a higher right can than left? Or was it only mine? Always bugged the hell out of me.

JC67 said:
I thought every Breva 750 had a higher right can than left? Or was it only mine? Always bugged the hell out of me.

You may be right on this. Think it's because the head pipes are of equal length. (I havent been able to take a correct measure ) Someone didn't pay attention to the fact that the the cylinders are offset.....

Difference is not much, but noticable

2482479545_e0f21f9399_b.jpg

Holt, yours and the picture above look good to me, certainly within my level of tolerance. My right was significantly higher than the left, although the left was replaced after a low side, so I always assumed that was why there was such a mismatch. But I recall someone saying it is a feature of all Breva 750s. This board and all the small block love on the other one have me nostalgic for my old Breva.

Just to weigh in here. My Breva 750 came with H&B panniers, but they are Moto Guzzi branded with little colour matched panels in them and Moto Guzzi logos.

They seem to sit perilously close to the exhaust, and yes, my right muffler is slightly higher than the left one. I'm thinking of sticking a stainless steel heat shield to the bottom (Stainless steel doesn't conduct heat very well) to prevent melting my luggage, but I have every reason to expect that they were dealer fitted new, which would make them 7 years old, so either the previous owner never used them, or they don't get hot enough to matter.

rossw said:
Just to weigh in here. My Breva 750 came with H&B panniers, but they are Moto Guzzi branded with little colour matched panels in them and Moto Guzzi logos.

They seem to sit perilously close to the exhaust, and yes, my right muffler is slightly higher than the left one. I'm thinking of sticking a stainless steel heat shield to the bottom (Stainless steel doesn't conduct heat very well) to prevent melting my luggage, but I have every reason to expect that they were dealer fitted new, which would make them 7 years old, so either the previous owner never used them, or they don't get hot enough to matter.

On the plate the mufflers attach. Drill two mounting holes holes about a 1/2 -5/8 inch (13-15mm) lower on the bracket and use these for the muffler. It gives you just enough clearance between the muffler and the bag that heat shouldn't be an issue.

john zibell said:
rossw said:

On the plate the mufflers attach. Drill two mounting holes holes about a 1/2 -5/8 inch (13-15mm) lower on the bracket and use these for the muffler. It gives you just enough clearance between the muffler and the bag that heat shouldn't be an issue.

Just had a "niggle fix" day today and one task was fix the bracket as you suggested above. Actually I elongated the existing hole with a file by about 6mm. Now the bags are the regulation 15mm away and the mufflers are the same height :cool: .

Givi on my Breva. What do You like? In my opinion it's not so bad.

lainjue from Finland

Attachments

• BrevaSmall.JPG
    BrevaSmall.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 389
lainjue said:
Givi on my Breva. What do You like? In my opinion it's not so bad.

lainjue from Finland

Nice and integrated. I like that the panniers and top box all fit on one frame. Probably saves some weight.

I like your crashbars too.

john zibell said:
rossw said:

The 40L bags I have in the pic at the beginning of this thread came with a stick on heat shield for the underside of each bag. I have had them on there now for 2 yrs and in some very hot weather (where the exhaust would get hotter than usual) and there is absolutely no indication of heat damage. If you don't have any heat shielding with yours, go to your local hardware store and pick up some silver tape (used to seal heating ducts - no not DUCT tape ... the silver stuff is what you want). That will be good enough to save the bottoms.

Back