• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New member in Oz

beetle

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi,

Newbie here located in south west NSW. New to this forum and to Guzzi. I pick up my brand new Griso 8V this Saturday. I'm a bit excited about the whole thing. This will be my first Guzzi after 20 odd years of mainly Suzuki bikes. Some years with no bike. My GSX 750 is in pieces in my garage for and I've not ridden anything other than my brothers Bonneville in the last 2 years.

I'm excited!

Cheers,
Mark

Rock on Mark... welcome to the Forum, and congrats on that magical Griso 8V! You've come to the right place. After all of the years on sterile UJM's, you'll soon be addicted to the Italia-V like the rest of us. No turning back... you're going to love it.

Post a pic of you and the bike (or send it to me to post if you have any problems direct e-mail). Post again/often!

Welcome beetle, I too had years of UJMs and you'll never regret buying the Goose. They're not perfect from the shop but once fettled you'll never regret it.

Wagga Wagga is only 259 km from one of the best Guzzi mechanics in Oz. He's occasionally a cranky old fart and he has issues with rubber chickens and bad underwear but he'll tune your bike like no-one else in your part of the world.

Cheers,

magoo said:
Wagga Wagga is only 259 km from one of the best Guzzi mechanics in Oz. He's occasionally a cranky old fart and he has issues with rubber chickens and bad underwear but he'll tune your bike like no-one else in your part of the world.

Cool. I guess I'll be seeking an audience with him for service on the beastie then. Will I need to bring a rubber chicken?

Thanks Pete.

Build date is 09/10. Bought it from Hills Motorcycles in Castle Hill. Picking it up Saturday.

PM with VIN sent.

Beetle, remember it's your shout when you get to Bung-In-A Dore - stay overnight and make a night of it at the pub (Pete's pub - not the wanky one)

beetle said:
Thanks Pete.

Build date is 09/10. Bought it from Hills Motorcycles in Castle Hill. Picking it up Saturday.

PM with VIN sent.

Clear of any problems or recalls as I said in the reply to your PM. If you have any issues? gimme a call. I'll be down the coast this weekendand, (Thankfully!) I don't get mobile reception at my beach house but leave me a voice message if you have any problems. My number is on the Moto Guzzi Australia website.

Pete

pete roper said:
Clear of any problems or recalls as I said in the reply to your PM. If you have any issues? gimme a call. I'll be down the coast this weekendand, (Thankfully!) I don't get mobile reception at my beach house but leave me a voice message if you have any problems. My number is on the Moto Guzzi Australia website.

Fantastic - that's good to know. Thanks. I appreciate it.

Hi Beetle, I'll be in my old stomping ground of Griffith mid next month to meet up with some old friends and then we are off to Tassie for a week of tyre shredding :twisted:

I lost mine over x-mass out the back of Griffith. Be warned DD there is a marked Stealth Commodore out there. He nabbed me for 119 in the 100, with double demerits thats three months. I was on the Mana just 'Cruisin' Even Jude described it as an 'Occupational Hazard!' :roll:

Yes, the G8 is a very easy to go over the speed limit on. 150 feels good 140 feels better andyou can hold it all day. It'll hold 180-190 easily too but its bloody uncomfortable and you need to be fond of living in a small room with a fat, Tongan sodomite to experiment with those speeds for long or often...... :mrgreen:

Pete

pete roper said:
I lost mine over x-mass out the back of Griffith. Be warned DD there is a marked Stealth Commodore out there. He nabbed me for 119 in the 100, with double demerits thats three months. I was on the Mana just 'Cruisin' Even Jude described it as an 'Occupational Hazard!' :roll:

Yes, the G8 is a very easy to go over the speed limit on. 150 feels good 140 feels better andyou can hold it all day. It'll hold 180-190 easily too but its bloody uncomfortable and you need to be fond of living in a small room with a fat, Tongan sodomite to experiment with those speeds for long or often...... :mrgreen:

Pete

Sorry to hear you are walking. It appears the judiciary has no sense of humor.

Over the Christmas period they double the number of demerit points you loose. Over 10Km is a five pointer doubled to ten. I already had a three pointer from a couple of months ago.. That takes me to the end of my points. In those crcumstances you get a choice. You can either keep driving/riding but if you get booked for anything in the next twelve months you loose your licence for six months rather than three AND the points you've accrued stay on your licence for three years so even after 12 months if you get pinged you're back to the 'one point for a year' joke. Or you can just take it up the arse and walk for 90 days and when you get your licence back its a cleanskin again!!!!

Its a stupid system with no flexibility. You can get pinged like I did on a deserted road in the middle of bumf@ck nowhere and loose yer license. Drive through a school zone at 20Km over out of the 'Holiday' period and you loose half the points. Yabber on yer phone and cause an accident? Three points? Don't turn yer lights on a night or in poor weather? Two points. We all know though that going 6 MPH faster than deemed 'Safe' in the middle of a desert will cause untold carnage!!!!! Or perhaps its just a nice, easy way of being *seen* to be concerned about the road toll. :roll:

Pete

Bummer Pete. Sorry to hear that. Losing it sucks. I lost mine back in '99 for going more than 30 over the limit. Back then it was only 4 points, a mandatory 30 day suspension plus $504 for the coffers. I am well paranoid about such things now.

Luckily where I reside and do most of my driving, the constabulary doesn't even blink unless you are 15 to 20 MPH over the posted. This is most evident on the interstates. Also where I was a local law enforcement officer back in the 70s and 80s, the states where I worked didn't use point systems. Only way to get a license revoked was a DUI, or at fault fatal. If you could pay the fines, you kept on driving. Much more realistic in my opinion. However, the more traffic violations you accrued, the higher the fines got, not to mention insurance rates. To me, a more preferable system.

Day 2 of owning my Griso. I had to go into the garage this morning to make sure I hadn't dreamt it all. :D

Upon reflecting on yesterdays first ride as a proud owner I noted that there was a bit of snatch at low speed. Today it was not as noticable but that may mean I have started to adapt. Also, the standard factory suspension settings are a bit on the hard side so that will need tweaking soonest.

A good pinch is all it usually takes. Exciting I bet. Be sure to take the throttle cable slack out to help with the low speed snatch, and when you are ready to let it really run/breathe, I can show you the way.

Enjoy it!

Back