• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New member!

Lozza

Just got it firing!
Hi Everyone, just joined the site. In the not too distant I'm looking at buying one of the new 8v Griso's after having a test ride on one last week. Me likes! me likes very much!;)

Just interested to hear from current owners on their experiences with the brand, and the bike, and accessories you'd recommend - or avoid!

Cheers guys!

Lozza.

Welcome Lozza,
I'm sure you'll love the new Griso.
Styling-wise, the 8v is very similar to the earlier 4v 1100.
I've done some minor mods to mine. The factory top rack has helped with the functionality without (imo) detracting from the look of the bike. Several owners have picked up tail tidies and huggers to clean up the look of the back end. Personal choice, I haven'tfelt the need yetB)
Check out the Griso picture thread that heads this section and decide for yourself:)

Hey Lozza, you need to get together with GuzziHero who is picking up a new Griso next week. UK citizen also. See "Show Latest Posts".

Welcome to the gang...
My wife has a '01 V11 and I have a '07 Griso 1100. We thoroughly enjoy our Guzzis. They are a different type of motorcycle. Very rewarding to own and ride. I do wish I had bought a 8V, but with the recall stuff on the valve train I don't feel as bad. That would not stop me from buying an 8V but I would not ride it until the recall work has been done. The fix they came up with appears to be a good one but their procedure for applying said fix one a bike that has already destructed is seriously lacking.
On a positive note, I love the right side exit exhaust from Todd here at GuzziTech. It really improves both the look and the sound. I also have a RP tail tidy and the small Guzzi fly screen.
I would/will own other brands but I would not get rid of my Guzzi. It's a keeper. And my wife is even more fond of hers.

Thanks for your replies guys, good to hear from you. It seems you're all pretty happy with the bikes and it's spuring me on to give it a go...

One of the biggest gripes I've seem to come accross isn't so much the reliability of these Italian bikes, more the lack of dealers, and the lack of good dealers. :dry:
I guess I'm lucky in that I 'fell upon' a Guzzi dealer (also does Benelli & MV Augusta), which is less than ten miles away from me. It turns out he has a good reputation, been there years and the guys in the workshop are really knowledgable about the brand.

I 'found' it through needing to get my beloved CBR600Fi MOT'd for the year and couldn't get in at the place I normally take it. A guy at work suggested this place and that was that. I'd always known there was a garage at this location - just never knew he was a franchised dealer in most things Italian...! Maybe it was 'meant' to be...;)

I've fancied owning something different and of the V twin kind for some time, and had leaned towards something Italian. As maybe lots of people do, I explored the Ducati range first and found the Monster 1100 range quite appealing. I'll probably still take a test ride in due course to satisfy my curiosity. But I must admit I do fancy a shaft drive after always having owned chain driven bikes..

I love my CBR, had it since new and will be keeping it for good, it's an '03 bike and has been great. It's served me well for my annual pilgrimage to the TT races and tours of France & Germany. But I long for a deep rumble of a v twin and the Griso fits the bill nicely.

I've been looking into the accessories and would have to consider the rear hugger from the Breva/Stelvio and some engine bars, together with some sort of screen. I heard the Termi on the 8v when I did a test ride and that alone sold it to me...:woohoo:
How do you manage to keep that black engine behind the front wheel looking good? I can't find a front fender extender anywhere for sale on the net?

I'll read with interest some of the info here on the forum and will let you know how I get on.

Cheers :)

Here's one, probably best to just look at it though!
http://www.stucchiluigi.it/eng/articolo.asp?ID=13
It's annoying, but the paint will just get blasted off. Can always be sprayed over if you wanted to ever sell the bike.
These bikes are great fun and almost pratical as well.
I have the 1100 4V with: semi rigid panniers, tank bag, small screen, skidmarx hugger and some hand guards. I may go for the taller screen soon, into a headwind can get tiring.
Just did a 140 mile blast around Dartmoor and up through mid Devon with my brother-in-law follwing on his 1200GS. If it had been warmer (9C on the moor) I'd have done another 140 miles!
Not ridden the 8V but I'm sure the extra grunt makes a good bike even better!
Enjoy if you decide to go for it.
Pete

Thanks for your reply Pete, you're down in the part of the world my old fella lives - he's in Cullompton, rides a black BMW 1200C.
It's a nice part of the world for bikes...

I had a look at the link - not cheap are they!! Mind, that's more of a belly pan/chin spoiler and I'd just want a longer front mudguard or an extender for it. I've mailed Pyramid Plastics who make the 'Fender Extender' and they've added it to their list of 'maybe's' if enough people want them. I'd suggest the world and his wife drops them an email demanding they make one, it may just happen...

Your hand guards sound like a good option, I'd consider those as an extra.

Thanks again, take it steady.

Loz.

Hi Phil, congrats and welcome to the Forum/GuzziTech!

I'd love to get your info and a few photos for the Registry as seen HERE <- Click. Send all info and photosto me direct e-mail; Todd at GuzziTech.com

The 8V's have been slow on the uptake for either sales or web surfing, or likely both. Post often, and again, welcome.

I'm going to split the NJ posts to the MG-RA Mid-Atlantic section as well.

Back