• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

new Norgy

PICKLEKOOKEN

Just got it firing!
:laugh: Hello boys and girls. If you don't know. I didit went up to Seattle and picked up the last SILVER Norge Dave had and rode it home here to Denver. Hopfully I did this picture right. The Jacket is my ANTI-GRANNY jacket so she'll se me. MIKE

MKooken-Norge.jpg

MKooken-Norge1.jpg

Nice one.

The best performance mod is to paint it RED ;-)

Congrats Mike!
Though sorry to see your Jackal go.

Added the pics above for you, so all I need is the rest of your info for the Modern Registry. Send info to me direct e-mail.

Look forward to seeing you/it in about a month. ;)

Geordie wrote:
Nice one.

The best performance mod is to paint it RED ;-)

Nice ride Mike and congrats.
I have to agree with Gordie on this one....

However in saying that, I saw a show on the tele a few years back ( can't recall the show, cops or something), but it was shown that, on average, more red colored sports cars were pulled over for speeding than any other color. Not that red makes you go faster, it's just that the long arm of the law were more inclined to pull over and give tickets out to red colored sporty vehicals. And, they tended to let less flashy colored vehicals ( same models) get away with going a bit above the posted speed limits.
Don't know if this theory holds true, although I was passed by a gost car while I doing 10 kms over the speed limit, the sherrif never even gave me a second glance. ( I was driving a sandy light brown Toyota Corolla at the time).

Now I have a red Norge, I'll eventually put this conspiracy to the test.:blink:

Anyhow, enjoy your new ride.

A state trooper friend of mine told me that they tend to stop red cars mostly because they stand out and catch their attention.

So why do I have a red car and a red Norge??

nice bike!

and silver is nicer than red... so don't pay any attention to the red guys :)

P9150078-1.jpg

Which raises questions about bike colour.

The day I test rode and bought a Breva there was a choice of black with a red seat, and red or grey with dark grey seats. The black looked great but I've had black bikes before and know how hard they are to keep clean. Also not very conspicuous to other road users. Grey looked very classy indeed and before seeing the bikes in the metal it's what I thought I'd prefer. But the red bike just glowed, was very conspicuous, very Italian, and I'd never owned a mainly red bike before. Red won.

It was largely the total and outrageously orangeness that made me choose my Buell.

As well as many black bikes I've had them in silver, grey, dark green, dark blue, light blue, black/red, black/yellow.

In the past it was the appearance of the colour which was most important. Now it's how conspicuous it is. A lovely bright yellow bike would be a good thing.........The same with helmets. Only white, bright red or bright yellow for me, with white being chosen most often, despite many shops stocking mainly the ever-so-popular black. While my leather suit is black I have added reflective orange arm bands and wear a hi-viz vest or bandolier.

My car is a pretty bright yellow too.

Should have congratulated yous who have bikes and/or helmets and clothing which is conspicuous. Good to see.

Read just recently that on a bike we're 16 times as likely to suffer a crash than in a car and that the side-on view is where bikes are hardest for motorists to detect. That's when a colourful bike and clothing really come into their own, especially now that lights-on-always is the norm.

They look good in grey.

Graham,

I agree with you about the colours. The B11 is my second bike, the first bike being black with some chrome. So when choosing the B11, it was black with the really fast and conspicuous red seat.

Some of us have trouble growing up.

Robert

I do love the look of red M-Gs, but I think the silver comes together so nicely on the Norge. Here in North Carolina, the state police use silver and black cruisers and 1200RTs. Very often I've seen cagers move out of my way seemingly thinking that I'm Johnny Law. I've even had state troopers send a friendly nod or wave my way as I blister along. Not yet been stopped on the Norge! Or maybe just good luck.
I'm also a big believer in heightened visibility. I've always applied 3M Scotchbrite tape in various places on my bikes and a bit on the helmet. It looks black in day but very brightly reflects at night. Like Graham, all my gear is black but has reflective piping or blazes. I like the idea of a brightly colored armband. Anything to catch their eye. I carry a reflective vest to wear if I break down by roadside. Friend of mine insists on using headlight modulators but I have never installed one.
Rob

The silver, although less flashy, has been found by most of the right thinking majority, to be the reliable one with only a slight loss in top speed. ;)

Congrats with your choice!
What's wondering me is that buying a car often the wife chooses the color.
Talking about bikes, suddenly the man worries about the colour. :S
BTW my Breva is the classy Sasso del Lario grey......

Mike, I'm a little late to the Party, but congrats! And even better, I'm glad to see you back riding so soon after your run-in with granny. Good choice on the jacket. Does it have the tastefully sized Moto Guzzi logo on the back?

Back