• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Quill pipe for a Breva 1200

bobelpfan

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi,

It is high time my Breva had a proper V Twin sound, so i have ordered a Quill stainless end can, which i will be getting fitted at their factory in Warrington at the end of the month. They offer a lifetime warranty, and it costs

Hi,
more browsing on the web has turned up the Laminar Lip,made in California to extend the frankly rubbish Guzzi screen, I have ordered it bin the UK from a firm called Heroblob, and I hope to at least reduce the buffeting and wobbly head problems of the stock screen, I will let you all know I get on.

Regards Bob

bobelpfan, keep us posted.

I swapped out the standard can on my Breva 1100 for a Motad and its a big improvement - revs quicker and sounds a little better and certainly loses a lot more heat but still a little too muffled for me - and thats without the optional "road" bung. I think that the standard 1100 cat that I still have fitted is doing quite a bit of the silencing. If the B1200 exhaust set up is the same as the Norge the cat is in the can so you should get the full Guzzi soundtrack :p

I'm now awaiting the PCV that Todd has developed the map for. The next step after that is a crossover to replace the cat. There a few out there that replicate the Norge setup but I'm looking into sorting one with two lambda bungs so that I can run it with the standard sensor and the other hole bunged until I add the additional sensor / PC Autotune (which is were I want to get as fast as cash allows).

I'm near Blackpool and pass your way sometimes(though mainly on M6 unless its jammed)-I'll keep a look out for you.

Art

I have the same buffeting issue...@ 6 ft my head is well in the windblast coming off the top of the screen. I'll be interested to see how it works - sounds like the solution; please share your experience once it's on.
I added the Stelvio guards as well - excellent addition.

Hi,

I received my Stelvio hand guards today, fitted in a few minutes, and look good, for scientific research I did a 150 mile round trip to the Ace Cafe in London for a coffee and a Danish pastry, as a result I can say they kept the wind off the hands,and even a bit off my upper arms and shoulders, tested to 124 mph (ahem)
I now await the Laminar Lip I have on order to try and improve the lousy factory screen, also the Hepco and Becker engine bars to be fitted, new pipe goes on on the 30th of September,,and a K & N filter at the next service, then I will have done everything to get the bike as I want it.

Regards Bobelpfan

Anyone know if Quill can be found in the States? I checked their web site, but couldn't see any sign of a American importer.

ndmackay wrote:
I have the same buffeting issue...@ 6 ft my head is well in the windblast coming off the top of the screen. I'll be interested to see how it works - sounds like the solution; please share your experience once it's on.
I added the Stelvio guards as well - excellent addition.

Take a look at this, it may be just the ticket. Several of my friends have installed the Madstadt bracket on their V-Stroms and Tiger 1050's and are very happy with the results. It's an excellant bit of kit: http://www.madstad.com/

I'll soon be paying a visit to Madstad soon so that he can have a look at a 1200 Sport and determine how his Robobracket can be fitted. There is a fellow inmate here with an interest. I've got a Givi A760 that has not yet been mounted. If the Givi doesn't do it, I'll add the Madstad.

Regards, Paul

Looks like a good system, but I have my doubts about mounting it on the Breva 1100...naked...no place to attach. Will be interested to see how it goes with the Sport.
Although this sounds like it should become a separate thread on windshields :)

Mounting on a sport or Breva is identical as they have the same headlamp.

Since this thread has already been hijacked, I'll add my experience with a Laminar Lip. Added it to the Guzzi windscreen on my Breva 1100. Works as advertised (though I have to say it looks a bit dorky.)

Moved the airflow for me (5'9") from eyebrow level (lots of buffeting) to just over the top of my helmet (little if any buffeting). One side effect, however, is to seemingly increase the flow around the sides of the screen. I say "seemingly" because I suspect I just notice it more now that the head buffeting is reduced.

One disclaimer. Shield (and seat) discussions are never very informative because the number of variables involved in achieving individual satisfaction are so numerous and apparently tiny adjustments so often have major effects, especially when combined with other variables.

In any event, the Laminar Lip is a relatively inexpensive option and makes the standard Guzzi screen work relatively well.

Hi,

My Laminar Lip is working, I have only done about 70 miles, but immediately found it removed most of the head wobbling, smoother at the shoulders, and much quieter, it stays on at 110 mph, so far so good.

I also fitted Hepco and Becker engine bars, which will be a great help if the worst happens, if they saved the fuel tank from damage in a spill that is over £600 for a start !They look good as well.

The new pipe goes on on the 30th of September, made to order and fitted at the factory for free, I will try to get a dyno run done by them, before and after fitting, should be interesting !

Regards Bobelpfan

I'm 6' with a 34" inseam and the laminar Lip has worked a treat for me and removed the buffeting. I can cruise around at 70ish with the visor open now.... Just returned from the south of France and the number of casualties on the screen relative to the visor and helmet top is massive, so it must be working well!!

Be interested to see how the Quill works out as I'm looking for a freer breathing system for my 1200 Breva.

Re: Re:New Quill pipe for a Breva 1200

Brian UK said:
Bob, before rushing in to a K&N filter, take a look at this.
http://www.duramax-diesel.com/spicer/index.htm
Note that they are talking about low reving diesel engines, not much higher reving petrol engines.
Certainly on the Stelvio's easing up the volumetric flow seems to have many advantages.
Also paper filters only function at maximum efficiancy for around 500 miles, you may get some oil discolouration with a k&n but changing the oil at the prescribed service intervals will protect your engine and the k&n will last for the life of the bike.

Hi,
after a few nasty dramas I have now got my Stainless Quill T3 Oval silencer fitted, problems started a couple of days before I was to travel to their factory, bike suddenly started a loud rattle on left had pot, I called the dealer who agreed to check valves as I would pass the shop on my way. When the rocker cover came off the top off the adjuster fell on the floor, having snapped in two !

He agreed that this was a warranty issue, and as he did not have one in stock cannibalised a brand new Bellagio for one, at the same time he fitted a washable BMC air filter,similar to a K & N, which will never need replacing, as the warranty work needed the tank off anyway, no labour charges !!

All well and good until about 70 miles away on the M6 motorway, when I smelt oil, and realised the back was moving around a lot !!

I stopped to find engine oil coating rear tyre,swingarm, engine, boots etc. !!, I lifted the fuel tank to find a small breather on top of the air box was flapping loose, I limped into the services as I found only a couple of millimetres of oil showing on the dipstick, I put in a litre and called the dealer to find out which of two short spigots to reattach the hose(the left one) I think they fitted it on the wrong one,and pressure pushed it off.

After a very twitchy and oily trip to Warrington I checked into my hotel for a swim, food and several beers to calm my nerves.

The new pipe was fitted this morning, after the guys there made a custom crossover to attach it with in stainless. The old pipe was weighed, and is over two kilos heavier than the new one. It sounds meatier, and is fuelling very well, we did a dyno run, and found a big spread of 60 ft lbs of torque from 4500 revs up to 6500, and peak horsepower of 70.73 bhp at 7200 rpm all at the rear wheel, On the way back it ran really well, seems a little better on fuel consumption, and pulls much harder in the midrange, and looks cool too !

My dealer was most apologetic when I called in on the way back, cleaned off the oil I hadn't with brake cleaner, and will give me a free oil change at the next service, when a new tyre will go on the back, as it has 7000 miles on it.

Regards Bobelpfan

Photo below. Filled up today, so will keep a check to see if there is any change to fuel consumption, certainly runs well though !
Regards Bobelpfan

3089_4acddce2b5ec9.jpg

Looking good on the Breva, but did you already put your side-case on? The exhaust seems to hit them, or melt the bottom on a longer ride. It happened on my Breva 750 during my first holiday. Only one of the two pipes melted the bottom of the H&B. :angry:

Ciao Dolf.

Back