Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

new to guzzis in AK

Discussion in 'Canada & Alaska' started by AK red, Apr 26, 2014.

1. AK red

AK red Just got it firing!

Just bought a 1977 t3 850 with 15020 original miles. Got it out for the first real ride today, put about 100 miles on it. Seems like a sweet ride. Paid 3000$ How did I do? Any suggestions about what to expect from this year and model?

2. yukonica

yukonica Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

AK Red, 'expect' no one near by will have so much as a spark-plug of correct size in stock.
    Plan ahead... far ahead. Sounds like a great bike for up here.
    Don.

3. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Actually the spark plug for that bike is quite common. The NGK B6ES works well and is stocked by just about every auto parts house. Even some snowmobiles use that plug!! Mail order for Guzzi particular items if pretty easy. I don't know of an equivalent oil filter for the bike like the newer 1100 so you are pretty much stuck getting them from a dealer or MG cycle as well as other bits and gaskets. As for the price paid, if she is in good condition (and is seems she is) then she was worth that price to you. Besides, everything is more expensive in Alaska!! Welcome to the Guzzi world and if you have further questions post in the Tonti and Loop section.

4. yukonica

yukonica Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Hi John ... you have snowmobiles in Alabama? Now That is hard core not giving up on winter!
    Here in Yukon I went to three snow machine dealers, (two of which also sell bikes), two auto parts stores, and our ever present Canadian Tire looking for a set of plugs for my 2013~V7. The Honda dealer found it listed in a catalogue and ordered them in for me.... about a week. Maybe I should hunt down an older bike so I've something to ride.
    If you can't say it online would you PM me with the name of the best mail order parts supplier you know?
    Thanks.
    Don.

5. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Don, I'm a transplant. I grew up in New England. Plenty of snow and cold there!!

For mail order there are a couple of dealers with good inventory that come to mind. Moto International would be the closest so shipping should be quicker. If they don't have it try Harper's Moto Guzzi. For independent establishments there is MG Cycle.

6. Matteo

Matteo Tuned and Synch'ed

AK Red , I will be in Anchorage last 2 weeks of June working at the Double Shovel Cidery. Come over and visit. Look for a V7 Racer parked outside.