Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

New to me, Guzzi Norge

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by BigBlock, May 10, 2013.

1. BigBlock

BigBlock Just got it firing!

As the title says, I just purchased a new leftover 2012 Norge. :-D This is my first Guzzi and all I can say is unbelievable!! The sound, the ride and the sexiness of an Italian twin with perky jugs. :lol: Been pretty much been riding inline 4's all my life so this is a treat.
    I've been lurking on this board for a while, soaking in as much info as possible and I'm glad to be a part of it now that I'm officially a Guzzi owner. Just a few pics for your viewing pleasure.

[​IMG][/url]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gsf12man

gsf12man Just got it firing! GT Contributor

Beautiful. I love the Norge in white, that would be my "next Guzzi" of choice.

3. LDB

LDB Tuned and Synch'ed

That's a beautiful new bike. Congrats.

4. kampe

kampe Cruisin' Guzzisti

Congratulations looks realy nice in white. I wonder how you manage not riding with weather like that and those hills in the background. :cheer:

5. LDB

LDB Tuned and Synch'ed

Man, isn't that the truth!

6. BigBlock

Thanks everyone for the compliments. Yeah its pretty rough living here with this weather and all the hills and twisties I have in my backyard! :lol: The Norge does very well on these roads considering its a Sport TOURER
    I have another bike that I use for these roads which leans more to the SPORTTourer. :evil: Both these bikes serve there purpose.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is what I use to tour on before I got the Norge, but the old bones are aching a bit more with age so it looks like the Norge is now going to accumulate a lot of miles in the future. :)
    [​IMG]

7. keith217

keith217 Just got it firing!

How do you like riding with the hardcases on the side? Any trouble adjusting? Do you splitlane with them? Sometimes I feel like I won't fit lol.

Nice bike though, Looks way nicer than the BMWs! :)

8. BigBlock

Riding with the hardcases on don't bother me, in fact I like them on (bike looks better with them on) :) I don't split lanes with them, so I'm not sure about how they fit when splitting lanes.

Thanks for the compliment Keith. I agree, the Norge does look better than the BMW.

9. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan GT Reference GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    Welcome. I missed your original post.

Yes, a beautiful Norge. My brother has the same model, also in white.

And, if I could only have one motorcycle -- which, thankfully, is not necessary -- think it might be an 8v Norge.

That said, all proper Italian motorcycles are red. :laugh:

[​IMG]

Taken today on a drizzly but nice ride in Frederick County, Virginia, with two young friends on vintage bikes.

Best,

Bill

10. BigBlock

I agree with you Bill on the point that if I had to have one bike, the 8v Norge is the way to go. Red looks stunning on the Norge also. :)