• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New US '09: Good price?

Purchase update: Decided to go with a used '09 Stelvio that was originally purchased at Moto Internaionale in Seattle by a friend of mine last November. Ended up getting it (3K miles) for <$9.8K, including new Dunlops, heated grips, full set of Givi luggage, Zard slip-on, and engine guard. On the whole, pretty satisfied with the purchase-- bike runs really well 2-up, with full luggage.

Under $9.8K?!? You sir, got yourself a killer deal there! :D

Congratuations and enjoy the ride,

Cheers,

Bruce

W, how do you like the Dunlops? And what are the pressures you're using? I have ~1700 miles on my bike and the Scorpion Sync front is almost flush with the wear bars (rear is fine).

BTW, I'm seriously considering a set of Q2s from Cycle Gear (in the SFV - $200/set [!]) for the Cafe Sport.

-Mike

Thanks. Of course, I had to pay another $1k in taxes and registration, but yeah, for <$11k, I rode home with a pretty nicely appointed low-mileage Stelvio that sounds pretty bad-ass and runs pretty well. Not having to put money into rubber for several more weeks made it that much easier to pull the trigger on the deal. The FI could use a tweak to accommodate the slip-on, but there's plenty of local expertise around here to get that sorted out in short order. Looking forward to the first week-ender with my girlfriend. She's pretty happy with her new perch for the long rides-- she still likes the Scura better for the late-night LA freeway romps though. ;-)

PS, @Mike-- I'm running 34 front, 36 rear at the moment, but that's subject to change when I get it up in the mountains, which I haven't had a chance to do yet. You should definitely jump on that Q2 deal, as I paid quite a bit more at Cycle Depot-- but I do like to support the local bike shop. I am, however, planning to use GuzziTech Garage for my future tire changes, as well as all the standard maintenance and performance tuning.

Hey RacerX! If you're reading this, expect to be hearing more from me moving forward. I'm developing a pretty long list of tweak and maintenance requests right now for both bikes.

wsholar said:
Purchase update: Decided to go with a used '09 Stelvio that was originally purchased at Moto Internaionale in Seattle by a friend of mine last November. Ended up getting it (3K miles) for <$9.8K, including new Dunlops, heated grips, full set of Givi luggage, Zard slip-on, and engine guard. On the whole, pretty satisfied with the purchase-- bike runs really well 2-up, with full luggage.

You didn't purchase it, you stole it, that is a great deal. $1000 in taxes and registration fees, OUCH, glad I live on the right coast. It would have been $418 in VA and the tags would have been good for 2 years.

Thanks, Kurt. Yeah, it costs a lot to "legalize" your purchase here, but hey, the benefits of riding 365 days a year on arguably the best set of roads in the world has to come at some cost, right? B)

wsholar said:
Thanks, Kurt. Yeah, it costs a lot to "legalize" your purchase here, but hey, the benefits of riding 365 days a year on arguably the best set of roads in the world has to come at some cost, right? B)

Well I give you the 365 days of riding a year, especially after this past winters 3 arctic blast snow storms, I got a total of 78" of snow this past winter, usually get 2 or 3 storms of 2" to 6" each and the stuff doesn't last but a few days.

Roads............From western NY, NJ, PA, MD, VA, eastern W VA, back to western NC, SC, GA, and eastern KY & TN.......it just doesn't get any better.

The last time I was in the land of "Fruits & Nuts" (CA) was in the late 70's and early 80's, did some riding back then on a Suzuki Water Buffalo (damn I miss that bike), you'll got some great roads as well.......but with old age brings a special appreciation for being able to still hold up and control two wheels no matter what the road, you just need to stay within your skill set.

All roads are good roads when you are still grinning at the end of the day with a face shield full of bugs.

Yeah, I grew up in TN, went to college in OH, and lived in New England for nine years, so I have a pretty good handle on the roads back east-- MANY great roads. YES, ALL roads ARE good. And the Stelvio makes them even better, eh?

Back