• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New V7 in Northern California

Wells 5

Just got it firing!
'22 V7 Special (grey)

Hello, My new V7 Special is the 2nd Guzzi I've owned; the 1st being a new '75 850-T, and the V7 is about as close to that bike as I could get. Since 1970 I've owned and ridden bikes of all types (dirt, sport, adventure, touring) and that 850-T is the one I wish I never sold. - - Just got back from a ride where my check engine light came on with only 610 miles on the bike and I'm not happy.

Welcome to the forum. My first Guzzi was an 850T. A good all around bike. Sorry about that check engine light. If you want to pursue that post in the V7 section.

Hi John, Thank you for the response. I found out the light comes on at 600 miles to remind the owner when the first service is due. When I picked up the bike at Euro Cycle Sonoma I was told the service is due at 900 miles. I'm paranoid about this particular "new" bike. I had to wait several weeks for this bike to be shipped from their Vegas dealer. It showed up with sixty miles on it and when I asked why I was told test rides, and... It was loaned to Yammie Noob for a test ride video. When I got home and watched the video I watched him break every rule of what not to do during break-in. Euro Cycle doesn't seem to know their product very well.

OMG!
I watch the video… I’m sorry!
That dick doesn’t have a clue about nothing! 🤯
Break in period… just Words, no meaning to him…
I don’t think he did anything on the video that would cause permanently damage…
But Moto Guzzi transmissions need the break in period (and more) to work properly. And so do the brakes!

OMG!
I watch the video… I’m sorry!
That dick doesn’t have a clue about nothing! 🤯
Break in period… just Words, no meaning to him…
I don’t think he did anything on the video that would cause permanently damage…
But Moto Guzzi transmissions need the break in period (and more) to work properly. And so do the brakes!

Hi,

I'm reasonably sure the bike will be fine. It's scheduled for it's first service in two weeks where I purchased it, 70 miles away. I'd take to Monroe Motors in San Francisco but it's 125 miles and SF is such a toilet now. After working there in the '70s I get depressed every time I go through there now.

Nice to see you're working on a LeMans tribute bike. I had no idea the LeMans was in the works when I got my 850-T or I would have waited. I couldn't afford to make the change later and anyway the 850 was a mutually agreed upon wedding present from my wife... she got an Appaloosa. Please keep us members updated on your project.

Are you in Claremont, Calif. or France. We have terrific mountain and ocean view roads up here in Mendocino County.

Regards, - Wells

Claremont California it is…
And the Bike is located at GTM for custom exhaust and ECU ..

Back