• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

ediehl

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi Folks -

Well, I decided to give up on my Buell and try something new, and so just yesterday I drove to GA to buy an almost-new 1200 Sport . The sportyish riding posture is too much for me and so I intend to install the Mana bars. I imagine that's pretty straightforward? Any suggested sources?

Interestingly, upon meeting the owner to see the bike it didn't want to start, and when he opened the tank a bunch of fuel gushed out. This repeated several times when the tank was closed and then reopened. Eventually the bike started and ran fine, but that it happened at all is a concern to me. The PO said it had never happened before and it was HOT yesterday, and he said he thought he'd read that removing the carbon canister apparatus under the rear of the saddle might correct that problem. I've looked around some but not found info on this yet---is there somewhere on the forum that discusses the canisterectomy?

Thanks, Eric

Eric, congrats and welcome! I'd imagine the bars will be a very straight forward swap (outside of perhaps a stay-pin hole for the switchgear/throttle).

There definitely sounds like there is a blockage in the venting to the tank. This could be either the evap cannister or tip-over valve. I don't think we have any how-to's posted online here yet, so do take some photos to post when you do.

Essentially its intake manifolds to a 'T' to the evap can which resides beside the battery under the seat. From there the line feeds to the tip-over (small black and grey) valve at the tank. Instead of plugging the port at the TB's, it's recommended to leave a single hose to connect each side once you remove, as it helps with a smooth idle and make it easy for TB balancing.

Hope you'll add your Sport to the Registry tabbed at the top.

Again welcome to the Guzzisti Famiglia.

You welcome to the Guzzi family. Coming from a Buell to a Sport it seems like big V twins are what you like. The Guzzi won’t disappoint

If it’s earlier than an ’09 model they have lower handlebars. While I like my ‘08 people have fitted Aprila Mana bars (same bar as an ’09 Sport but strangely cheaper to buy) Aprila Tundo and Renthal Fatbars (need to tap the ends for the bar weights)

There is usually enough slack in the cables to fit them, although sometimes removing the faring and tank to free up some more slack is needed. Some bikes also have pins to come out, as Tod mentioned, but no real difficulties there and those that have removed them have had no issues with switchgear and controls moving.

I have not encounter that tank issue so can’t help there.

Back