• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Nice ride along the St-Laurent and Saguenay rivers

baloches

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I had a few sevice calls to make, and arranged everything so I could get them done over a few days and of course, on the Norge...

This is the route. Aside from a few hours on the highway on the first and last day, the rest was all curves.
http://maps.google.com/maps/empw?ur...4738&spn=3.591803,6.045077&output=embed&hl=fr

I made my first stop in Trois-Pistoles, then slept over in Matane, waiting to take the 2,5 hour ferry to Godbout the next morning. After my service call in Baie-Comeau, I left for Jonquiere at the end of the day and thoroughly enjoyed nice, twisty rte. 172 along the Saguenay. I didn't bother stopping for pics because the sun was setting and I didn't want to get to my destination too late (read: I was in a hurry!)
After Jonquiere, I made another stop in LaBaie, and got that done early enough that I could afford taking the alternate road to Baie St-Paul for lunch then ride home.
Here are some pictures. Sorry for the quality they were taken with my blackberry.

4256_112709745925_737655925_3183670_3876070_n.jpg

This is the ferry
800px-Cmarcoux3.JPG

4256_112710285925_737655925_3183675_6741737_n.jpg

Baie-Comeau in the distance

n737655925_3194977_216683.jpg

Lake Ha!Ha! along Rte 381

4717_116901885925_737655925_3259058_6045846_n.jpg

Route 381

4717_116901730925_737655925_3259057_6816444_n.jpg

Route 381 through Charlevoix region

4717_116901625925_737655925_3259056_7499504_n.jpg

Coming into St-Urbain

4477_113463310925_737655925_3195258_7703879_n.jpg

Lunch in Baie-St-Paul

n737655925_3197567_6969041.jpg

Lovely Baie-St-Paul

All in all a nice trip, the Norge was flawless except for the oil leak on RH side that I'll eventually get around to!

Cheers,

Kai

Re:Nice ride along the St-Laurent and Saguenay riv

Nice trip Kai, I'm planning to ride my Stelvio to Kapuskasing in Northern Ontario in a couple of weeks, will post when I get back.
FBC

Nice one - I wish my boss would let me out during the week - oh wait I am the boss :silly:

What's the round marking on the road in the last couple of pics?

eDIT - bugger the oil leak, just go riding....

Ahhh, of course you just had to call in at Chicoutimi ... but couldn't you have pushed a bit further into the Gaspoésie? ;) I've got some fond memories there, would have loved to see some pics.

BTW, those blackberry pics look a bit like the ones in an old tourist-office guide from Canada, printed on baddish paper that I still must have lying around somewhere :silly:

FBC, I'm looking forward to your report, I'd love to go around that area, north of Huron and lake Superior

Mike, didn't notice the circles, maybe no parking markings. Bike is still leaking and I'm still riding

Réné, I got on the ferry in Matane, which is in the Gaspé, just didn't stop for pictures that much:blush:

You know, you guys post some great photos with your reports. I don't stop to shot and even if I did I don't think my eye is as good as what you guys see. Thanks for the great journalism as it is far better then most of the magazines out. We Guzzi folk are lucky to be connected to each other:)

Back