• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

No Breva for 2009

MurphyPeoples

Tuned and Synch'ed
Just got my 2009 Moto Guzzi catalog from Piaggio. There is no Breva, but of course the Classic V7.
The "new" bronze color for the Norge in the Catalog is WAY different than pictures I've seen on the internet.
In the catalog it looks like an olive green nearly. I've not seen one in person...so I have no idea what's their true color.
Anyone?
Murphy

So they say.

But the Breva is still on the 2009 Guzzi.IT site.

(We're talking about the real Breva here, I suppose... :p )

the color is a FUGLY Champaign/ greenish gold, but not green olive. Anyone else see it in person. Is it just me or is that a niche color?

the color is a FUGLY Champaign/ greenish gold, but not green olive. Anyone else see it in person. Is it just me or is that a niche color?

I think it's intended to match a popular color from the BMW touring bike catalog.

car_id_58_1.jpg

I've seen it in person and I thought it was a bit classier than simple silver, red, or black.

crswa wrote:

I think it's intended to match a popular color from the BMW touring bike catalog.

car_id_58_1.jpg

I've seen it in person and I thought it was a bit classier than simple silver, red, or black.

Touche' ! And here I thought it "kinda" looked like the famous V8's unpainted petrol tank.
But I know I was "reaching" for that connection.:laugh:

The Breva 1100 is not available as an 08 or 09 in the USA. The Breva Sport 1200 can be found as an 08, but not 09.

There are still plenty of new 07 Brevas to be had should you want one, and who wouldn't want one?!

Well......the Breva 1100 is back on the US website. (was it ever off the website????) I know the last catalog didn't show one.

By the way, anyone come up with a bag-friendly tail tidy for the Breva?

Why would they bother releasing a 4V version of the Sport this year if they were going to discontinue the Breva? That doesn't make much sense to me. They have already invested in the R&D and there is a clear market for 'naked' bikes of this type, in Europe anyway (don't know much about the states) BMW have been selling the naked R series boxers since time immemorial. I don't suppose the Breva will necessarily be the most popular bike in the range but I would expect it to remain a steady seller.

The Breva 1100 is since 2009 replaced by the Breva 1200 (same engine as the Norge and 1200 Sport.
They sold the 1100's still in stock as a Breva Touring (panniers, topcase, tankbag,heated grips, windshield and centrestand for 400 Euro extra on the normal price).
The 1200 Sport is replaced by the 1200 Sport 4V. (special price now on the 1200's in stock)
I think the Norge will get a the 4V engine too, because they are on sale also here in Holland but that's a guess.

For 2009 the Dutch Guzzi program is:

V7 classic
V7 classic café racer (has arrived this week at tlm)
Nevada 750
Breva 750 / 850 /1200
Sport 1200 4V
Stelvio 1200 4V / TT
Griso 1200 V8 (what's in a name?)
California classic
California Vintage
Bellagio 940
Norge 1200 (4V??)
MGS-01 (only on special order)

That's about it for Holland. Just make your choice if you can....:p

Slight change in subject while I'm at it... Any tail tidies for the Norge or Breva? I know there has to be consideration for the pannier supports.

Brevabrabo wrote:
The Breva 1100 is since 2009 replaced by the Breva 1200 (same engine as the Norge and 1200 Sport.
They sold the 1100's still in stock as a Breva Touring (panniers, topcase, tankbag,heated grips, windshield and centrestand for 400 Euro extra on the normal price).
The 1200 Sport is replaced by the 1200 Sport 4V. (special price now on the 1200's in stock)
I think the Norge will get a the 4V engine too, because they are on sale also here in Holland but that's a guess.

For 2009 the Dutch Guzzi program is:

V7 classic
V7 classic café racer (has arrived this week at tlm)
Nevada 750
Breva 750 / 850 /1200
Sport 1200 4V
Stelvio 1200 4V / TT
Griso 1200 V8 (what's in a name?)
California classic
California Vintage
Bellagio 940
Norge 1200 (4V??)
MGS-01 (only on special order)

That's about it for Holland. Just make your choice if you can....:p

Well;

Ship a sample of each, and in time I'll let you know. ;)

Holt, Holt, Holt ...

I realise Holland may be a bit far from you, across 2 seas and all ... but there's a part of the same country that's a whole lot closer, and where you can take very nice little test rides :p

BTW ... Breva V750 ie? Id est what? Oh, right ... for instance it's a bitch to do the tappets on a 750 cylinder V engine :silly:

Holt, since I'm planning a trip to Norway in June/July I can maybe safe a little space in my panniers or topcase for some "small block" Guzzi's.....:laugh:

I'll be passing Malmö - Göteborg allong the way, because I prefer riding instead of floating on a ferry. Just the short passage Puttgarden-Rodby is ok for me. I saw in an earlier post, that I'll passing allmost through your backyard if Google Earth is correct in this.
I can drop some, you can testride them and on the way back to Holland I pick up the ones you didn't choose.

Ciao Dolf. ;)

Hello;

I have seen the new color at RPM in Dallas. It is a very rich looking dark bronze looking bike. It is very striking and very different in a classy sort of way. I would post a pix, but I think it defys accurate reproduction.

whatever colour it is, it can be quickly solved with a couple of spray cans of matte black, or is that heresy? :laugh:

Back