• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Norge 8V, exhaust suggestions

polkpr

Tuned and Synch'ed
I have a 2014 Norge with only 400 plus miles on it. Once I get past the initial break-in oil/fluid changes, I am wanting to up the sound a notch or two and need suggestions.

I will be putting on one of Todd's new "Y" pipes without the cat on it and will re-map the ECU too. It's been suggested that this will by itself give the bike a "throatier" sound which is what I'm looking for. Can anyone give me first hand experience/opinion on that?

If I'm satisifed with that effect, then I'm done. BUT..If that doesn't scratch my itch, I am looking for a deep and throaty pipe that issn't' obnoxious. Any suggestions?

I've got a new Norge, too. I put an Italian-made GPR Albus on and retained both of its db killers. To my ear, the sound is just right. It has a nice, low pitch with just a bit more volume than the original. It is pleasant on the road without the type of droning that wears on you. I got the white version for my white Norge and think it looks right on the bike (they make a CF and SS version, too). I was a bit apprehensive about the color but after I installed it, I was glad that I went with it. Nice people to deal with, too. They list on Amazon or direct. Some photos:

https://craigschroeder.smugmug.com/Motorcycle/

+1 on the GT RCM unit. Have one on my Sport and sounds AWESOME on song. Was followed by a three lettered german brand last week, and eventually he came up beside me at lights and said "love the sound of that exhaust, happy to sit behind and just listen". It was playing some pretty good tunes between lights. As Todd says, "sounds like a small block" - Yep, she does.

+1 on the GT RCM unit. Have one on my Sport and sounds AWESOME on song. Was followed by a three lettered german brand last week, and eventually he came up beside me at lights and said "love the sound of that exhaust, happy to sit behind and just listen". It was playing some pretty good tunes between lights. As Todd says, "sounds like a small block" - Yep, she does.

Any chance you could load a video wth sound on either facebook or Youtube? I am dying to hear your exhaust. No sure what would be involved in sending me a clip via phone since you're "Down Under".

It's on my "to do" list and has been for a while, polkpr. One day it will happen, but I will not make any promises on when - unless the stars align this weekend...

Just noticed :blush: that yours is an 8 valve engine. These require some more back pressure than the 4 valve engine. it will run but not as well. Maybe getting a more restrictive DB killer would help. Todd may be able to discuss?

GT-Rx "Hand-built in the USA; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-rx-reverse-cone-ss-muffler-bns12/ - lifetime guarantee."

Can you tell me how these sound on the 8V Norge? Do you have any sound bytes that I could listen to them? I want deep rumble but not obnoxiously loud.

On that note (no pun intended), by just replacing my catalytic converter with your new "y" pipe, how much more sound will I get with just that move?
Thanks, Paul in VA

these babies are not quiet!. idle sounds good, drive by they reasonable. however on full noise (WOT) ear plugs are indeed handy - read Todd's description where he quotes a small block V8 - that's reality. the overrun is glorious...

Thanks Tony. That it is.

On that note (no pun intended), by just replacing my catalytic converter with your new "y" pipe, how much more sound will I get with just that move?
Y-pipe replacement will simply give a deeper tone, with a slight increase in volume. Some are quite happy with just this.

Getting ready to order the pipe but need to know if I'm going to get any "codes" or error messages once the catalytic converter is removed? Just so I'm forewarned. Thanks, Paul in VA

Warning - don't remove the db killer - you will attract the wrong sort of attention

Well... I bought a "new" 2015 Norge in April, and opted for an Agostini exhaust. Looks great, and is made in Italy. Sound is perfect for me (I have not changed the Y pipe). I had the db killer out initially, but ended up putting it back in due to backfiring on deceleration. Here is exactly how it sounds (and my bike is even the same color:D):

Well... I bought a "new" 2015 Norge in April, and opted for an Agostini exhaust. Looks great, and is made in Italy. Sound is perfect for me (I have not changed the Y pipe). I had the db killer out initially, but ended up putting it back in due to backfiring on deceleration. Here is exactly how it sounds (and my bike is even the same color:D):

Very helpful. Thanks. I did just order the new "Y" pipe so I'm going to see what that does first but I'll probably go to the next step and get a new pipe and probably have to re-map the ECU. Did you have to do a re-map?

Do the remap anyway. Todd just did mine. It is a much smoother engine with it and mine is all stock except for the rollerization and a K&N air filter.

Back