• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Norge Belly Fairing

AllanK

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi All,

I have searched the forums and can't seem to find the answer to my problem.
I have taken off the lower fairing on the Norge and am replacing it with the Breva plastic chin fairing.
The four mounting bolts off the norge are used, I can see that but do I have to use the rubber grommets also.
Just how do you fit the chin piece? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Allan

Just nipped out and had a squizz at my Breva chin piece to see actually how it works, as it's a long time since I have had it off.

There is indeed a rubber washer under the head of the 4 bolts. I suspect it prevents the plastic cracking at the bolt head.

So as I'm not sure that that is clear :dry: installation requires first putting the rubber washer on the bolt, then putting bolt through the plastic and into the hole and tightening.

Hope that helps.

I did the Breva chin spoiler on my Norge at 700 miles. And yes, you remove the rubber bushings from the lower Norge fairing and put those into the Breva chin spoiler.

I never thought of doing the Breva chin fairing. I took the left and right lowers and the chin spoiler off my Norge to get the side cover repainted after a driveway tip over (bags not on thankfully) and have never put them back on. I like the looks without them. I may have to look into a Breva chin spoiler for it.

Rudy

I've done the same, after seeing some pictures with the chin piece. I took the same parts off to make things cooler for me (I know some feel otherwise, but seems an improvement to me), saw that the cut off wiring etc around the side stand looked odd to me, like it was meant to be covered. Bear in mind that the so called "Breva" chin piece is actually standard on the base model Norge available in Europe & elsewhere, but not the US. Just make sre you keep the hardware from off the stock piece, easy for some of it to fall out & roll away unnoticed. As a side benefit, with the chin piece replacing the belly pan, now possible to put a lift under the oil pan (say, to replace the fork oil or to perform any kind of fork work/upgrade) without having to remove anything. Considering how cheap this is, seems all win-win to me, unless you live in a really cold climate & need the extra plastic.

Thanks MikeC and azccj regarding the rubbers. I have taken the grommets from the original norge belly fairing and put them in the B chin spoiler. Perfect fit.

Abbienormal, I left my Norge without the original belly and side fairings since the crap material suffered fractures all over them on a trip to Ayres Rock from Queensland and back via South Australia. Took them off at Alice Springs and shipped them back home when I was trying to sort out a fairly serious (at least it is when you are halfway between Ayres Rock and Kings Canyons) starting problem. That Alice Springs Harley Dealer is great. With the originals off I found that the base of the front of the motor was picking up too much stone damage.

A couple of points, FWIW.

As you may see from my avatar, I have removed (occasionally) the stock belly pan from my Norge. And, I too, like the looks that way better. But, I found it necessary (either as result of mounting hardware or looks -- can't recall) also to remove the lowers next up, whatever those are called. I do have the B11 substitute "thong." ;-)

In any event, I do NOT find, as someone above mentioned, that this brings about any cooling, tho that is why I did it and agree that it appears to be "intuitive." The reality I found was that that heat from the pipes offset by far any "cooling" brought about by air blockage. I now take the belly pan and lowers off in winter, but put them on in summers. Here in the US southeast, it can get pretty darn miserable in August without any help from Carlo. So, IMHO, the Mandellites knew what they were doing with the design, at least as to diverting heat from pipes, tho their execution with tupperware leaves much to be desired. YMMV.

With respect to that point, i.e., lousy plastic, I have seen some newer belly pans that appear to have been constructed from polyethelene, not the styrene or similar material of the original. They appear to be the same color thoughout (i.e., not painted on one side) and are more flexible to the touch. That might help to avoid or reduce the cracking we have all experienced and cursed.

Merry Christmas ... and a Guzzi New Year to you all!

Bill

New fairing plastic? That's good news (my lowers are still in the original 2 pieces, though, as far as I've seen).

The only thing heat-related I can say is that tucking my feet in close, behind the lower fairing does not indeed seem to keep them warmer.

Bill, shouldn't that be "a Guzzi New Year to you all ... and a [very early] Merry Christmas"? :silly:

RJVB wrote:

Bill, shouldn't that be "a Guzzi New Year to you all ... and a [very early] Merry Christmas"? :silly:

Today, 31 January, is the 7th Day of Christmas, as 25 December is only the first day of that observance. Christmas ends on Epiphany, 6 January, marking the visit of the Wise Men to the Manger.

Joyeux Noël et Guzzi Année!

Fr. Bill :)

Well, Frau (??! :silly:) Bill, that's not the case here... 2 days in the Netherlands, but only a single day in France. Some little-known Anglican idiosyncrasy? ;)

RJVB wrote:
Well, Frau (??! :silly:) Bill, that's not the case here... 2 days in the Netherlands, but only a single day in France. Some little-known Anglican idiosyncrasy? ;)

I'll leave the theology of all of this to some off-line emails or a few beers on this side of the Atlantic or yours sometime.

But, as you raised it, I'll quickly respond here by saying that I was referring to "Christmastide," i.e., the Twelve Days of Christmas, that begin on 25 December and culminate with the Feast of Epiphany on 6 January.

Here are the basics:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve_Days_of_Christmas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphany_(holiday)

More (as in MUCH more) here:

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/03724b.htm

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05504c.htm

And, rjvb, the "Fr" was a joking reference to "Father," i.e., padre or priest. And, Anglican? Please! FWIW, my father was a Trappist monk and my sweet wife, Kathi, a nun. Really. Both, obviously, left the orders, but not the Church. Don't know what took my father from his robes, and Kathi swore me to secrecy. ;-)

I'm headed out to putz on the EV and Norge in the garage, as Kathi is in Erie, Pa., for the weekend.

Best wishes for the new year, including "Merry Christmas!"

Bill

Back