• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Norge dsb07

wallice

Just got it firing!
I have Norge, build date 12/2006, eng# 012437, 53,000klm. (suspect time frame for oil pump failure) oil sensor has just failed,(has gone open circuit, about 146k ohm when removed from the bike), therefore dsb07 codes. no dsb08 codes yet. running castrol 20/50.

I have an apprentice that keeps telling me " your old school", which, to some extent, pisses me.

But, going back to "old school" can anyone tell me -
-what the oil pressure range, in psi, should be for the Norge,
- what the psi actuation point for the sensor is?

in order to be able to deliniate between oil pressure issues and other "service" requirements i have decided to fit a mechanical oil pressure guage to the Norge (and my 750s Laverda, and my 2 of mark2's, and a couple of others..) so if anyone knows where i can get a small diameter good quality direct connect oil pressure guage, and tee's/fittings etc and (braided?) hose, help would be appreciated.

Regars, Greg, Brisbane, Australia

Greg,

First, stop using the "old school" castrol 20W50 and put in a decent fully synthetic. Now let us not start another oil thread.

As for the oil pressure ranges I can't tell you. If you do hook up a gauge, be sure to continue to use a sending unit to stall off dash errors. Once you have a gauge installed you can tell us the pressures you are reading. I don't know of anyone who has set up a gauge arrangement.

As for the sending unit threshold, it isn't high as on the older bikes you can get the light to go out just spinning on the starter. My guess, and I do qualify this as a guess, is probably around 5 psi.

Thanks for the reply John.

I will drain the oil and put in a synthetic 10/60. If i find an oil guage and fittings i will put up a post about how i did it.

Regards

Greg

Greg, you might want to reconsider fitting anything else than the genuine oil pressure switch. I replaced the switch on my Breva V1100 several times, each time using a switch for the older Tonti models (they looked identical expect for the connection fitting on the top). It's only a switch I thought, but they didn't last long, some only lasting about a week before the dreaded triangle appeared in the dash display. Why they failed I had no idea, they would go open circuit, although left overnight and with some luck some would reset for the initial start, only to fail at the next time the ignition was turned on.

I got very good at replacing them, the switch as you will have discovered is not easy to get access to, and even harder on a Norge with the tuppaware getting in the way. You might have better luck than me with your replacement, but this is one item where I will always use the genuine part from now on.

Kiwi Dave,

Yep, understand exactly what you are talking about with tonti switches. my local guzzi man (about 30 years with guzzi's) supplied me with a tonti switch. As an electrician i am somewhat sceptical. a switch is not just a switch, and the design parameters, or specifications, for a switch of any type is mind boggling. cut in & cut out pressures, temp range, life time operations, max and min environmental pressures, voltage ratings, current ratings (min & max) etc, etc,etc. Given the issues with Guzzi oil pressure switches, if i can get direction on the actual psi threshold pressures, i'll look for a quality aftermarket in preference.

AND, i still want to set up my oil pressure guage, cos the bike also has a fat duck that also brings up the the service light under ecu21, and i don't like not knowing exactly what the issue is when i'm riding.

Regards

Greg

Back