• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Norge gas tank removal

ncassidy

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I am sure this has been mentioned here before but I could not find any reference to it. I am trying to unhook the gas line from the gas tank and don't want to break anything in the process. It looks to be similar to an air fitting but I get no movement front to back from the grey colored collar. What is the easiest way to remove this fitting. Seems rather a cheap set up to me.

It is... push the line gently towards the fitting, while pulling back on the gray clip. Some fall off, some don't. It has been said that cycling the fuel pump helps with the disconnect. Haven't tried that. If you get frustrated, walk away and try again after a few minutes. Works for me most of the time. ;)

After several attempts and a lot of bad language I found I was putting too much pressure on the grey collar, with just gentle pressure mine comes off easy. I also twisted it slightly first to make sure it wasn't stuck.

It also helps if you've got 3 hands and are double jointed!!!!

Previous owner of my Breva installed additional quick disconnect on the fuel line. It made my life much easier.

Okay, here's the stink. I went back and tried to get the fitting apart, no luck. Now I remember the last time I tried to remove it, I had no luck at it, but when jockeying the tank around it came apart. This time I moved the tank to the side and supported it on the frame where the seat goes with the line still attached. I was replacing the inner plugs and thought it would be easier to remove the tank. The inner plugs are a pain in the ass to get out cause there is all kinds of room to deal with. Got the new plugs in and put everything back together. Went to bolt the tank down in the rear and do you think i could get the bolt to line up with the hole. It is almost like something changed in the process. Ended up running a tap through the hole and a dye down the bolt to make sure the threads were good. Had to leave out the bottom metal insert into the rubber mount to get the bolt to tighten down. The funny thing is the two front screws that attach to the tank lined up with no problem, the back one was a royal pain. Gonna let it sit that way for awhile and then try and stick the metal insert into the bottom of the rubber. So, i never did get the gas line to come apart. I did not want to break anything as getting parts for the Guzzi's is another story. On another note, i have noticed that the 3 Guzzi dealers in my area are not ordering any new ones for the showroom. One told me that MG was not shipping any 2010 Norges to the USA. To many 2009 left overs.

Somehow, you haven't got that tank back on corectly, somethig is fouling somewhere. Double check before you leave it, as other damage could occur. Have you got the rear support for the air box lined up correctly?

I never removed the airbox, but it may have shifted in the process of removing the inner plugs. The two front airbox bolts lined up fine, the back bracket is somewhat adjustable by slotted holes. Still, the tank went on fine and pushed forward enough to line up the 2 fairing screws. The fairing prevents the tank from pushing any more forward. I have plenty of time before being able to ride so I may remove the tank again and make sure everything is in the proper alignment.

re-installing the fuel tank is easily accomplished by using teflon trailer ball lubricant. Spread the teflon grease on the rubber front tank supports and slide the tank on. Use a #2 phillips screw driver to move the tank into location. I just did mine and had zero problems. :)

Randy

Buy the little plastic fuel line disconnect tool from any parts store. This type of fitting has been used for 20 years for fuel injected vehicles. I think the tools cost about 3 or 4 dollars for a set of different sizes.

Back