• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Norge/Griso rearview mirror price

RJVB

GT Reference
I just discovered that I'm going to be paying about 71€ for a new rhs rearview mirror for my Norge. The one most of you don't like, and that I thought cost almost nothing. The figure I seem to recall seeing is 16 (euros, dollars or pounds). Was that for the glass only, perhaps?

Rene, the chrome mirrors used to retail at $26.23 USD.
As used on 2V Griso, Breva 7.5 and 11 from 07 on, Norge, and V7C.
They changed the part number, and raised the price to $74.33 USD.
Did you not read about the Great Plastic Chrome Blight of 08?
Plastifarmers were wiped out.

Many have used the black 1200 Sport mirrors to great acclaim.
They run about $25.00 USD.

Damn, I knew mine wouldn't last forever, I should have gotten at least a pair in advance!

No, I didn't read about any blights, should I have? :)

The Sport mirrors do seem better quality, but I don't like the fact they're pointing upwards. The chrome ones have great adjustability (for me), with their ball mount. Can't help but wonder why they're so much more expensive ... and if they wouldn't exist in a cheaper, non-chrome version. I'm pretty sure I've seen them on other makes.

Guzzi parts pricing explained:
First, you get this big dart board.
Second, pass Grappa all around.
Throw a dart, and "Ooh, sorry, Rene.. we just hit a big number.." :laugh:

Rene, the sport mirrors are very adjustable.

If you haven't already paid for a new mirror I can do you a deal on the ones from my Breva. The silvering was coming away from behind the glass so they look a bit tatty. I also have a brand new one that was sent as a warranty replacement (1 mirror arrived instead of 2 after a mere 8 months) This one has a very small fault iin the glass but is unused as I bought the Aprila mirrors instead. There is no lhs/rhs issues as they just twist round.

Pay for postage and I'll ship it over from UK

Geordie: PM sent, THANKS!

Rather outrageous that Stucchi ask less than Guzzi, I'll mention that to my dealer...

This is the unused mirror. The fault is the black dot at the top.

P1020305a.jpg

close up... the larger black bit is just a reflection of something

P1020306a.jpg

and here are my original mirrors with crappy silvering

P1020307a.jpg

P1020308a.jpg

The chrome on the back is ok and would polish up after the bugs are removed ;-)

My email is in the PM I sent, let's finalise this through there?

RJVB, do yourself a favor and get the 1200 sport mirrors. Trying to look at what was behind me with the stock mirrors was impossible until I ditched mine and mounted the sport mirrors. It was the best and cheapest improvement I've made to my Norge so far and now I can see with crystal clarity what might be coming up from behind. I think they look better too.

+1 on the sport mirrors. Stock mirrors = can't see anything. Sport mirrors = see most everything.

Michael

These WFO 436-0145 mirrors are identical to those on the early Grisos and later Brevas. I've had them on my Buell for over two years and they seem fine. Cheap too.

WFOmirrorsforGrisoetc.jpg

Graham

Here we go again ... No thanks, I do not want the Aprilia mirrors. Not only do I think they look worse, I'm also one of the (very?) few people who are perfectly content with the stock mirrors. The ball mounting allows me to set them such that I have almost no dead angle behind me. I'm not going to try to explain why I think that is, though :p

Thanks Graham! Those indeed look identical ... but did you check the price lately?

I think Yamaha used that crap as well. They are almost exactly the same ones I had on my Yami Warrior. I think.

It's ok that you like them...we don't mind.

I know why most of the people don't like the original mirrors. I've got them on my Breva and they are great!
It depends on what you see in them. When I take a look in them, I see a handsome face with a big smile because I'm riding my Guzzi at the time... :laugh: :laugh:

I have mine angled to see what's behind and to the side of me. If I see my own face in them I'd be worried ;-)

Back