• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Norge/Griso rearview mirror price

RJVB

No, I haven't checked the price of those WFO mirrors lately because I bought two sets over two years ago with the intention of trying them on my Breva - which I did but preferred the original round mirrors - and on my Buell where they've proven to be much better than the stock ones. I went to my Guzzi dealer and asked for mirrors like those on the Grisos at the time and was told not to waste my money on the Guzzi items because the WFO were identical and a fraction of the price. From memory the WFO were about $25NZ each and the Guzzi about $175. Ignoring exchange rates that means was that the Guzzi ones were seven times the price!

I've experimented with mirrors quite a bit over time, including assessing the merits of bar-end versus stalk-mount. This amusing photo shows one such comparison, which the stalkers won by being that much closer to eye level.
Barendmirrortrial.jpg

This photo shows Gilera Ice scooter mirrors on my Guzzi V11 Sport. The original V11 mirrors vibrated hopelessly on the V11 and when tried on the Breva but were fine on a friend's Buell but not on mine! Those Gilera mirrors didn't work on the Breva. Go figure. If there's one thing I've learned about mirrors it's that you can never be sure a mirror will work without trying it. What works on one bike may or may not work on another.
DSC00386.jpg

Graham

It's all a question of (eigen) frequencies...

I've never been bothered by the vibrations. Yet. If I really need to see what make the vehicle behind me is (or if there's more than one), a slight touch will steady them.

BTW, the bike with the 4 mirrors is cute ;)

Reminds me of when I experimented with a dentist's mirror attached to my spectacles, for when bicycling. Worked great, except the first time a car passed me close-by, I got the scare of my life ... :)

Does anyone know where you can get the WFO mirrors in the US?

Didn't like the Breva mirrors so just used a pair off an old kawasaki GT750, work just fine.

bswan wrote:
Does anyone know where you can get the WFO mirrors in the US?
From Todd at MPHCycles.com:
Many have used the black 1200 Sport mirrors to great acclaim.
They run about $25.00 USD.

Plus 1000 on the sport mirrors they are great. I am pretty sure they come stock on every Aprilia now. If anybody wants the old Norge Chrome ones I have let me know they are sitting on my things to Ebay shelf. You can have them for the same price as the Sport mirrors plus shipping.

pikehk wrote:
Plus 1000 on the sport mirrors they are great. I am pretty sure they come stock on every Aprilia now. If anybody wants the old Norge Chrome ones I have let me know they are sitting on my things to Ebay shelf. You can have them for the same price as the Sport mirrors plus shipping.

I would like them, but suspect that the exchange rate means I'd have a heart attack at the price of the Sport mirrors, never mind the shipping to Oz!

Zebee

Have a look earlier in this thread, those black Spock mirrors are actually cheaper than the WFO chrome ones. Shipping might actually be more expensive!

The Sport Mirrors are 20 USD a piece. I will sell the Stock ones for the same.
I think you can come out ahead even with shipping. Let me know if you want them.

Another endorsement of the Sport mirrors. They are also used on several Aprilia models and are readily available. Far superior to the stock chrome in stability, field of view and looks (IMHO).

RJVB wrote:
Have a look earlier in this thread, those black Spock mirrors are actually cheaper than the WFO chrome ones. Shipping might actually be more expensive!

At Agostinis the chromed Breva mirrors are €54, and the black 1200 Sports € 19/a pair.

They were out of the black ones last time I was there. :laugh:

Stucchi sell the chrome mirrors for about 40€, last time I looked.

RJVB wrote:
Stucchi sell the chrome mirrors for about 40€, last time I looked.

There are two different sorts of chromed, one is cheaper than the ones I mentioned. The pricy ones got anti-glare glasses, and according to Peter at Agostinis, even a better chroming.

So why should we make it easy for you to pick the right ones? :laugh:

Because there's no difference between the left and right ones? :silly:

Back