• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Norge handgrips

zebee

Tuned and Synch'ed
I clearly sit a bit skew-whiff on the Norge because the left side heated grip is much more worn than the right. So much so that bits of heating element have appeared!

It seems that the usual aftermarket grips might be a bit too thick to do duty, any one had to replace them before?

Zebee

Which size fits Norge best? As for the vibes, not enough of those on my Norge to matter. Perhaps your TPS is not set properly. Seems like a good idea re grip wear, though.

guzzibob said:
Which size fits Norge best? As for the vibes, not enough of those on my Norge to matter. Perhaps your TPS is not set properly. Seems like a good idea re grip wear, though.

The small size for 7/8" bars even then you will have to shorten them up a bit with a pair of scissors.

I had the Grip Puppies on my Norge for a while. I can vouch that the heat does still come through but the increased diameter of the grips with the puppies on, caused me some hand discomfort and I eventually took them off. As my grip is starting to wear a bit I thought about using a piece of road bicycle inner tube to mend it.

G'day Zebee

I read somewhere recently that tennis raquet handle tape works well - a cheap alternative at about $6 a roll. Allows the grip heaters to work OK.

Regards

Rob

zebee said:
I clearly sit a bit skew-whiff on the Norge because the left side heated grip is much more worn than the right. So much so that bits of heating element have appeared!

It seems that the usual aftermarket grips might be a bit too thick to do duty, any one had to replace them before?

Zebee

A bit of googling found http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthre ... 04&t=90799 which has a long photo-tutorial on replacing BMW grips.

No idea if I can get the grips he used, all the aftermarket ones I've seen locally seem a bit thick for the job but it's possible that the throttle ones are thinner and I was looking at the left side ones.

Zebee

Those of you who have installed Grip Puppies, did you take off the bar ends, or just push the Grip Puppies over everything with some soapy water or whatever for lubricant?

I took the bar end weights off, used some liquid soap and the grip puppies slid right on. Have not yet rode with them yet due to the cold weather. Yes we do have winter here in Florida, if only for a few weeks.

Had grip pups on my Norge and removed them because they were uncomfortable after riding for an extended period of time. Maybe a piece of bicycle tire tube slipped over the grips.

OK, got the grip Puppies, put 'em on, & went out & about today for about 100 miles & a couple of hours. No discomfort noted due to resulting larger diameter grip as reported by some others, & my hands are fairly small. It was cool enough so that with my summer riding gloves (Tourmaster Summer Elite made mostly of perforated leather) on it was worth turning on the Norge heated grips. Seemed to me that though it maybe took a little longer than before for the heat to get through the grip puppies to my hands, eventually seemed to me about the same temps as without them. Ditto when I went to my middleweight gloves, unlined but unperfed leather gauntlets. Also seemed to retain heat a bit longer after turining the heat off, which figures. Since my actual motive here was to avoid the stock grips wearing all the way through to expose the heating elements as reported by others, requiring grip replacement, and my stock grips did seem to be wearing in that directions, I'm happy with these things. Might feel differently when I get around to much longer trips-but I doubt it. In any case, cheap ($10 delivered) & easy enough to try.

Back