• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Norge Paint Code (red)

CCMcC

Just got it firing!
Does anyone know the paint code for a RED 2007 Norge?

I tried asking the dealer, but seems they got no love from Mamma Guzzi.

Just came back from a WONDERFUL ride down the Blue Ridge Parkway into NC. Wow.

The Norge was beautiful in every way through the curves and the panniers even acquitted themselves reasonably well in the rain.

Reason for the query: Backing the Norge into the shed, I slipped and blemished the right hand pannier.:blush:

Thanks,

Caleb

Many automotive paint shops can color match from your bag. Just bring them the bag and they can produce a matching paint.

How big is the blemish? I can verify that Orly Nail Lacquer Haute Red #40001
is a near perfect match. Not sure how permanent it is though :unsure:

Cheers

Rob

Thanks guys.

A while back, a local auto body shop whose owner is friendly to motorcyclists "shot" the color and mixed me up a bottle with the paint brand/system he uses that was a near but not quite perfect match.

This time, I was wondering if anyone knew what paint brand and code MG actually uses. Since MG don't sell a touch up kit, I would think they wouldn't mind giving that information out.

The blemish is about a half an inch long, but deep enough that it reached the black plastic. That is interesting about the nail polish--thanks. Necesssity is truly the mother of invention!

I saw a silver Norge for sale with red, rectangular reflectors on the saddlebags. It didn't look bad, and it made me wonder if it was a solution to this same issue.

Caleb

I just had my red Norge's top case repainted. The shop used Dodge Viper Red paint. Very impressed with how well it matches. In the right light the factory Guzzi red is just ever so slightly a darker red. But the only one that can tell is me and I can only tell because I'm looking for the difference.

That's a good tip--thanks. I kind of like the notion of Dodge Viper red paint...

We've had many a query about paint codes, but never an answer...

Hello

Here are the codes.. They are NOT available in the US.

Ciao Sam

Here are the color codes as supplied by Guzzi. I think you probably understand the colors in Italian but in case not the first is red. I believe it should be the same as the Breva 1100 but I have not checked on this.

ROSSO - 5.4D.23.441 AKZO NOBEL
NERO - 5.4M.22.705 AKZO NOBEL
GRIGIO - SCHOCH 675 ALP11 - 1/3675-003560 - cod. L.T. 738-A
Regards
Peter

AGOSTINI s.r.l.
CONCESSIONARIA MOTO GUZZI
VIA STATALE, 60
23826 MANDELLO DEL LARIO (LC)
ITALIA
TEL.+39.0341.735448
FAX +39.0341.735727
Skype Agostini srl

Well, I guess my remark above stands amended ... thanks Sam!

Sam, is that the B11 Grigio, or the Norge's silvery colour?

Hello

RJVB.. I can't say.... Contact Ago.. Peter can help.

Problem is they are Akzo-European... Nothing cross references in the US at all....

Here's the red mix in PPG/DBC; 908276, which is a Ferrari oem color known as Rosso Corsa. The silver paint mix code is 914092.

Sam & PHORDMAN:

You guys TOTALLY ROCK!!! :woohoo:

Caleb

Just a note here: According to the person who first introduced me to Moto Guzzi's many, many years ago, the current red color of the Norge is Italian"Arrest Me" red.

After finding this older post and the helpful info for the European paint codes. I did a little research and found Akzo Nobel office about 10 minutes away, actually next door to where I used to work no less. I am going to call and see if the paint code is relevent here and to find out who uses their automotive products. They do list an automotive finish center as part of the organization. It seems They are a global company.
Bob

motobob said:
After finding this older post and the helpful info for the European paint codes. I did a little research and found Akzo Nobel office about 10 minutes away, actually next door to where I used to work no less. I am going to call and see if the paint code is relevent here and to find out who uses their automotive products. They do list an automotive finish center as part of the organization. It seems They are a global company.
Bob

Perfect. Let us know if there is a NA color code that we can use. I'm looking for the Norge Red... :D

afulldeck said:
motobob said:
Bob

Perfect. Let us know if there is a NA color code that we can use. I'm looking for the Norge Red... :D

Did anyone find out if there was a NA could code for Red? I'm still looking....

Back