• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Norge Top Case lock

I have the 2012 Norge and I am not sure the latch is the same but I'll venture a guess. First, there is a lock lever inside beside the latching mechanism. I have not encountered it but maybe if it is not all the way in one position or the other it may cause things to not work. I believe it to be to prevent the accidental unlocking of the trunk from the rack. This is something I have done on a Give 52 and $600 later I had it fixed as I had no idea where I lost the case. Trunk plus $165 Perrons gloves plus intercom components plus whatever else.
Second is the lousy fitment of the lid. Mine I have to push the actual lower case inward slightly to get it to close. Just closing the top it is just that little bit out of alignment and will not close.

My $0.02

Just checked it Bill. Thanks for the offer. I think it had something to do with my belt being too tight, or was it the loose shoelace? Either way, I farted around with the top box until it locked. Then I could not for the life of me figure out how to unlock the damned thing.
Eventually it worked. Both ways. So tomorrow I will spend an hour or two locking and unlocking until I can do it in my sleep.

I just brought my 2007 Norge home for the first time last night. Great to have it here but I have one issue with it.
I opened the top case and now can`t figure out how to lock it. There is a latch above the key and I know it has to be held forward, but can`t get the key to lock it.
I need to get it locked tonight as I`m heading out on it in the morning.
Thanks

My latch spring slipped off the little peg and wouldn't allow the latch to grab the lock.
Take off the two screws holding the latch cover and wiggle it up and over the "open-close" lever. Maneuver the little spring so it forces the latch hook forward under tension.
Work the cover back on, tighten the two screws all while ensuring the spring stays in place.
Leave the key out of the lock.
Close the lid and listen for the satisfying "click".
Took me several attempts to get it but It works.

I recently purchased a "new" Norge top case from a guy who received it from Moto Guzzi as a peace offering to make up for some techinical issues his Norge was having. He never installed it and sold his Norge (for shame!) but now the top case is mine and I am not sure if that's a good or bad thing from all that I have read and heard about the way this case mounts to the tail bracket (new and old style). Here's the question.........does anyone have a lock assembly for the top case that they don't know what to do with? This case came to me without the lock cylinder assembly which I thought was odd. Apparently, some new Norge's come to the dealer with a third lock and key which fits into the top case (if the new Nprge happens to have a top case shipped with the bike).
My dealer says that some new Norges come with them and some don't and he hasn't quite figured that out yet (he's only been a Guzzi dealer since the mid '70s). If what he said is true, perhaps one of you new Norge owners out there might have received this "spare" lock cylinder assembly with your new Norge but have no use for it if you don't have a top case. If that is the case I would be pleased to exchange some of my very limited income for it I can be reached at rthompson@ne.rr.com or 603-352-4619.
If you see me on the highways of America don't follow too closely! I understand that these Norge Top Cases have a habit of jumping off the tail bracket when least expected. Thanks ;)
It's not the same lock set as what is supplied with the M-G top case. It won't fit. You need the lock made for the box.
Still have the spare lock. Makes no sense.

I’m very interested in hearing/seeing how you were able to change the lock barrel to fit your key. I just bought a 2014 Norge after putting 118k miles on my 2007, and accidentally locked my only trunk key in the trunk - locksmith had to drill it out. I have my 2007 spare barrels and would like to change them to my new Norge key

Sort-of hijacking this old thread ...

... just became 2nd owner to a 2006 Norge (2v), my 2nd Guzzi. Happy days.

Top box: I have a factory rack that is NOT one for a top box: the difference between them seems to be the three "keying" arrangement (not key) that aligns the top box to the rack, before locking it on...

... which my factory rack DOESN'T have: it's just a straight rack with underneith metal posts for elastic straps to strap stuff to (like a tent).

Is there ANY topbox that can be made to work with this type of non-topbox rack? I don't want to dump it for a full replacement: it fits too neatly into the grab handle.

Any suggestions?

Thanks - Barry from Brisbane

Back