• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Norge vs RST Futura

bising

Just got it firing!
Hello all.

This is my first post. I'm from Penang, Malaysia, born nearly 0.5 century ago.

I was looking for a sports tourer a year ago for 2 up touring and commute. Acquired an used 02 Futura 10 mths ago. It was wonderfully upgraded with many aftermarket performance parts by the previous owner. It is really a SPORTS tourer, more so after I replaced to a set of BT023 recently.

However, although it has no major problems, it is too "sporty" for my liking and I most prefer an upright position like the Pegaso and KLE500 that I have. The previous owner is at least 6'5" while I'm just 5'10" with 32 inseem and short legs. The Fut becomes too heavy and risky at low traffics since I can never reach the ground flat on my feet.

Recently, I came across a 09 Norge clocked 20k which is super rare in this region, up for sale. I understand the Norge is more tamed comparing to the Fut, nicer looking, more upright, and it's been labelled as "sports TOURER". I haven't have the chance to see and try it out since the owner is away, I would like to gather some feedbacks from those who have used both before jumping into it. I can only have either one.... Pls share your experiences on rides, handling, 2-up friendliness, seat & space, upgrades, etc. Thank you.

BTW: although MG is rare in this region, I have owned a Centauro for 3 yrs ... so I've been "exposed" to the character of MG and did some maintenance myself.

Hi there-

There used to be a member here from Singapore, riding a Norge (though not a 2009 model).

Read around, you'll find many positive views on the Norge - have a look at the Breva 1200/1200 Sport remarks too as they're largely identical machines (but without the fairing of course). These models do seem to be designed for "small Italian gorillas" - rather short of leg and long of arm. I don't fit that description but am still perfectly happy with my Norge, while you should have more leg space than I have, esp. with a passenger. It's not a light bike, but the wide handlebars make handling easier than would be the case with clip-on styles handlebars (that's what the Futura has, no?) ... and one forgets the weight almost as soon as one starts rolling.

For upgrades you've come to the right place: Todd sells about everything conceivable to maximise performance (or should I say power :p ), short of a turbo compressor.

Are there dealers in your area? You'd want one with the right tools to do mapping updates (Axone/Navigator) but also to do work on the CARC (shaft drive) if/when that's required (think seal or bearing replacement).

Hi Bising
I am a bit further south down in Oz but have recently bought a 2006 norge with low Km's for my wife and I to go touring. When we go riding it is usually fully loaded with panniers and top box full. We get a pannier each for cloths and use a set of Yamaha FJR inner bag liners to pack them in, they fit easy and keep the cloths dry as the panniers do leak a little in heavy rain. The FJR liners are heaps cheaper than the MG ones. That leaves the top box for the all important insulated bag full of beer, wine and nibblies (snacks). I recon my wife is the rain godess as it rains every time we head out on a trip, usually really heavy, but the norge feels safe and sound. It has never slipped, slid, or done anything but inspire confidence even when I cant see through the visor. However I am also 0.5 of a century old and want to last a bit longer yet so that may have something to do with it. I am on the short side, my friends would say vertically challenged, and that was the main reason I bought the guzzi, I could actually touch the ground when on it but I do find the reach to the bars just a bit too much, not that it stops me riding of cause. Anyway I read a post here on guzzitech on Helibars and they sound like they have been designed exactly for me, so I have ordered a set and are eagerly waiting for them to arrive. All that said I love the Norge and the fact that it has character and is not just another jap bike.

I have never ridden the Futura, but I do ride a Norge. I am 5'8" with an inseam of 28" or 29". I can put my foot down and the bike is comfortable at low speeds.
Other tall bikes that I sat on are Yamaha FJR, Honda ST1300, and Kawasaki Concourse. None of them fit the flat foot for me. The other bikes that have low seats are Harleys and Harley clones. I was not very interested in them.
I really enjoy the low end Torque of the Moto Guzzi Engine. When I am cruising down the highway and I get on the throttle the bike responds wonderfully. I had a Suzuki GS 750 that was a great bike but to get performance out if it, I had to flog it up past 6,000rpm. The Guzzi is happy at 4,000.

Back