• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

North West England Meet Up?

Campagman

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Just seen Crazylee post.

I reckon at least 5 Stelvio's in NW England on this forum (also on on xrv.org.uk).
Me, Fatal, Mark1960, Crazylee, Coastriderwest?

Anyone like the idea of a meet up somewhere and ride round the Yorks Dales? I could do a Garmin route, pick up some good roads, some small roads, some hill and of course a cafe or two.

Would need to be a weekend, ideally with some sun and no rain, so last minute type thing.

Ideas

I could be tempted, but I'm away on my hols 24/09 to 07/10. Even mid week is ok for me except wednesdays.

Whereabouts in NW england are we all. I'm near to ST Helens, so I'm pretty handy for North wales, Lake District and Yorkshire dales........for some strange reason I never bother doing to the peak district.

I live in Bury. Ride out somewhere sounds good to me.

Perhaps a meet up at Rivington or bike night at Lytham first as its only an hour or two and can be done at short notice for a quick get together and a brew.

I did the RBLR1000 in June this year and the registration is open for the next one in June 2011. Its a charity run but it also counts as an official IBA certificated ride. Would be good to see a squadron of Stelvio's :D

All those places sounds good! But the peak district has some awesome roads (not just the cat and fiddle) and not all have cameras! I have PM'd my mobile number to campagman, maybe you guys should do the same!

Hey everyone - my first post, meet up/ ride out sounds good. I know some great roads Settle way, which could go on to lakes, Hard-knots pass would be a great day. I know some nice lunch stops too. Have some Garmin routes as well. Im Manchester. Cant do last weekend in Sept or 1st weekend in October.

It would be great to see a bunch of Stelvios out on the road, it would make a change from seeing all those McBoorman wannabes parading round on their GSes :)

May be going for a blast to the lakes - from Manchester area this wedneday if any one is about? Be leaving 830ish. I think me and crazylee at moment.

SUPERMOTO said:
May be going for a blast to the lakes - from Manchester area this wedneday if any one is about? Be leaving 830ish. I think me and crazylee at moment.

Hey Supermoto you still planning on going up the Lakes tomorrow.. I’m near Blackpool so could meet up somewhere on the way.. I’m on a Breva 1100 though so want be able to climb muddy mountains and ford rivers like you Stelvio guys .. ;)

Art

Hey everyone going to set a date for this meet - isn't going to happen other wise - we could go to Lakes or Wales, im easy so could take a vote maybe.

I figure meet at 9am sharp for breakfast and leave by 10am. Where depends on where we go so to be confirmed. Aim to be back by say 7pm at latest - depends on feed back.

Date is October the 9th.

Let me know please ASAP if your going and where you prefer.

I might be up for that, I'll be just back off holiday, depending whats waiting for me at home on return I'll come. So put me down as a possible maybe.
P.S.
would prefer the lake district or yorkshire dales to wales.

Just an additional thought, what if we met up at Tickled trout Hotel at junction of M6 and A59 for 9am. Then scoot down the A59 to Maham for breakfast at the old barn cafe?

Hello chaps. Would like to make this one. Stuck in a hotel in Altamonte Springs in Florida at the moment killing time in the tinterweb room. I'll no better what I am working if Monarch can find an plane that dosent fall to bits every 5 minutes. Delayed 4 hours getting here two weeks a go and 24 hours this time. They cant guarantee a plane for tomorrow either. :evil:

mark1960 said:
Hello chaps. Would like to make this one. Stuck in a hotel in Altamonte Springs in Florida at the moment killing time in the tinterweb room. I'll no better what I am working if Monarch can find an plane that dosent fall to bits every 5 minutes. Delayed 4 hours getting here two weeks a go and 24 hours this time. They cant guarantee a plane for tomorrow either. :evil:

Your line 'if monarch can find a plane that doesn't fall to bits every 5 minutes' has me concerned as I fly out to turkey with them next week.......I'm not the happiest of bunnies when it comes to flying on airlines (I'm fine in helicopters and light aircraft, I just don't trust the airline operators to maintain the planes as they should) :(

I think Monarch are more 'short haul' than 'long haul' and are definitely 'cheap and........'. Sorry cheerful does not come into it. They seem to have more than their fair share of damage by 'bird strikes' .They can then claim 'extraordinairy circumstances', keep you waiting for hours without having to pay out compensation. They made the mistake of stranding a chap in Egypt (a plane full really) for 47hrs. Turned out to be a travel writer and wrote all about it in 'The Telegraph'. Monarch do not have reps at any airports and instead they rely on Cosmos reps or other agents to pass info to passengers and then keep the reps in the dark. Paddy Power the UK bookies are putting odds on Monarch going tits up by the end of the year. Monarch say this is nonsense and are making loads of money.

I'm suprised they did not have a coin slot to get life vests from under the seat and a coin meter on emergency oxygen supplies......and thats on long haul.

First time on a Brit airline..........never again

SUPERMOTO said:
Hey everyone going to set a date for this meet - isn't going to happen other wise - we could go to Lakes or Wales, im easy so could take a vote maybe.

I figure meet at 9am sharp for breakfast and leave by 10am. Where depends on where we go so to be confirmed. Aim to be back by say 7pm at latest - depends on feed back.

Date is October the 9th.

Let me know please ASAP if your going and where you prefer.

Should be Ok for 9th, a Saturday (unless the weather is really poor). Yorks Dales sound good.

If we can agree or suggest vaoius routes/places I'll plot on the Garmin and post the gpx file.

mark1960 said:
I think Monarch are more 'short haul' than 'long haul' and are definitely 'cheap and........'. Sorry cheerful does not come into it. They seem to have more than their fair share of damage by 'bird strikes' .They can then claim 'extraordinairy circumstances', keep you waiting for hours without having to pay out compensation. They made the mistake of stranding a chap in Egypt (a plane full really) for 47hrs. Turned out to be a travel writer and wrote all about it in 'The Telegraph'. Monarch do not have reps at any airports and instead they rely on Cosmos reps or other agents to pass info to passengers and then keep the reps in the dark. Paddy Power the UK bookies are putting odds on Monarch going tits up by the end of the year. Monarch say this is nonsense and are making loads of money.

I'm suprised they did not have a coin slot to get life vests from under the seat and a coin meter on emergency oxygen supplies......and thats on long haul.

First time on a Brit airline..........never again

oh feck, it just gets worse :D

fatal said:
I might be up for that, I'll be just back off holiday, depending whats waiting for me at home on return I'll come. So put me down as a possible maybe.
P.S.
would prefer the lake district or yorkshire dales to wales.

Just an additional thought, what if we met up at Tickled trout Hotel at junction of M6 and A59 for 9am. Then scoot down the A59 to Maham for breakfast at the old barn cafe?

Ok so people seem to prefer the lakes / yorkshire / settle way maybe which is good for me. As to meeting place/breakfast as suggested by Fatal sounds good so lets go with that.

Think we should include Hard-knotts pass, Kirkstone pass etc and depending on distance we want to cover in a day I have some routes for yorkshire.

Again some feed back from people so every one is happy - I think aim for 200 to 250 miles for the day? depending on road type

Hya

You have another Stelvio owner in the NW, Wigan to be precise. I pick my bike up this Friday and have chopped my 1200 Sport in against it. If the Stelvios half as good as the Sport it'll be outstanding.unfortunately I can't make the Tickled Trout for 9am but let me know your route and I may head you off at the pass., failing that a meet up at Rivvy some time soon seems good, I'm usually there on a Sunday anyway, I've been going there for 35 years.

If i don't catch you this weekend, have a good un. :D

Cheers all, Ian

Back