Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Oh it has a fan

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by lmmandel, Jul 18, 2016.

1. mikeaedmonds

mikeaedmonds Cruisin' Guzzisti

Oddly enough, I installed a direct switch to the fan, Its not working either. I will have to investigate my installed switch this weekend. I still aim to change the sensor to ensure a fail safe.

2. WroomWroom

WroomWroom Tuned and Synch'ed

Hey Mike,

Here's the link to the switch I got: http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=65748

Hope it solves your problem!

mikeaedmonds likes this.
  3. Mrmerlin

Mrmerlin Tuned and Synch'ed

For my Eldorado I got a dipstick with temp guage from the bikahaulics group in England,
    its about 12.00 its plug and play.
    BUT it has a red warning area and thats at 110C right where the Guzzi runs in stop and go with ambient temps of 85F.;
    while cruising on the freeway it will run at 80C ,
    and in hot stop and go with more stop it will run at 130C

WroomWroom and mikeaedmonds like this.
  4. mikeaedmonds

mikeaedmonds Cruisin' Guzzisti

WroomWroom likes this.
  5. Eldo1400

Eldo1400 Cruisin' Guzzisti

My fan runs all the time in stop and go. It doesn't have to be 90, more like 80 degrees and above. It's easy to miss when the engine is running, but if I shut down then turn the ignition on it runs.

6. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

Check that you haven't got some tar and stones thrown up into the fan. These horrible little critters stopped the fan on my bike once.

7. mgmike

mgmike Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

FYI...Neither one of my 1400s fan have worked...or if they did I could not hear them...

8. Touringman

Touringman Cruisin' Guzzisti

Likewise...cant say I have ever heard it and did not come on after a 25 mile spirited ride as a test.

Like others will probably just set up a switch to manually to turn it on.

BTW...which is the "HOT" inlet side of the cooler the right or the left?? Would love to set up a small oil temp gauge off the inlet side.

9. mgmike

mgmike Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Great idea!

10. John L

John L Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

I've had my Eldo nearly two years and 25,000 kms, last sunday I stopped for fuel after a long slow trip through traffic, turned the bike back on and heard an unusual noise which turned out to be the fan working, first time I have ever heard it. It's not loud and there's no way you would hear it with the motor running.