• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Oil Filter

Niko

Just got it firing!
I intend to do my own maintenance of the bike and in search of a more easily available oil filter I found a good discussion on the GuzziTech regarding the oil filter for the 8V engines. However the new California most probably uses a different size oil filter, the code for the OEM filter is B063428 and it's different than the code of the Griso oil filter. Could someone posts the dimensions of this new filter, I know a new model and not too much hands on experience but maybe some of the new owners could get some measurements when doing their first service.

Niko, you are the first of a new breed. An explorer of sorts.
I imagine most C14 owners would pay for their service work, being the sort of bike that attracts older, wiser and the more effluent
( :silly: ) in society.

ghezzi said:
Niko, you are the first of a new breed. An explorer of sorts.
I imagine most C14 owners would pay for their service work, being the sort of bike that attracts older, wiser and the more effluent
( :silly: ) in society.
Who are you calling an old sh*t? :lol:

Is B063428 the Guzzi part number, or the oil filter number? Tried it in a filter cross reference site and it comes up with nothing. If you can get the filter number off the actual filter, then put that into a cross reference site. It will probably be a UFI one.

I sent my factory filter out for analysis via my company's machine maintenance company & asked for a full break down of the filter. The results that were returned, it is a standard oil filter that cross referenced to a wix part number 51215 that I crossed to a car K&N HP-1002. Been thru almost 3000 trouble free miles in less than 4 months with not an issue. My last bike, a 2012 ZX14R, I also ran a K&N car filter on for 2 years and 16,000 miles. Solved the Guzzi oil filter issue, at least for me.

So whats the bottom line here? Sorry to be blunt here but does anyone know if other filters will work? I own a 2014 Touring and I can attest, I'm not affluent. I make a good living own my own home love to travel and have another bike. Anytime I can do something myself, I get more enjoyment in that that having a dealer take my money and not even give me a detailed description of what they did to the bike. (that's if they did it to begin with)

Do your own maintenance if you can. It isnt very hard unless an owner has no tools, no skills or both.

Mine doesnt ever go to the dealer unless its warranty or unless 10 or more hours of troubleshooting have gotten me nowhere

Back