• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

oil vapor recovery breva 1100

navit

Just got it firing!
Hi all!
I made this change, has the aim not to dirty the throttle bodies of the Breva 1100 (goes well on all other Motoguzzi).
instead of photos to better understand: http://imageshack.us/g/85/06012012543y.jpg/
I state that the air-box has been cleaned this year and the drain tube emptied frequently, but a bit of dirt inside remains (photo n ° 2), with the risk of going into the throttle bodies.
I hope I can be of use to someone.

ps. Sorry my English is not perfect.

I had the same issue with oil build up in the air filter box. Turns out that if you over fill you crankcase the motor will expel the excess oil till it reaches the optimum level. You can search "oil in airbox" for that thread. Check you oil level after it stops spewing then memorize that spot on the dip stick.

The new guzzis don't use a check valve, so I think the crank breather system relies on the engine vacuum to move the gasses, not sure though. Keep an eye on the bottom of your seat to see of oil condenses there.

My buddy forgot to drain his dump tube for a while, suspect the the oil got into his stepper motor. It cleared up after a couple of rides and cold start idle when back to normal.

The reason, I suspect, that so much oil makes it to the air intake box is that the crack breather box is plastic and not metal, insulating the box and and slowing condensation.

you're right!
best to keep the engine oil level between min and max, otherwise it is spat out (in the oil vapor).

I tried a collector, be very careful these things can overfill and oil goes everywhere including the back wheel.
Best to get the oil level right, it gets better the more miles you do.
Check the hose to the top of the air box is routed correctly and the clamp is not pinching the pipe.
If you must have more capacity consider making the pipe from the bottom of the airbox out of larger diameter tubing and perhaps a bit longer. But always leave a bung in.

Thanks for a well written topic. My B11 has correct oil levels but when over the half full mark I get small oil leak out of the right throttle body. Only a few drips of the bottom spring on the TH/body. I wipe it off and ignore it. The large breather cable (3cm dia) that runs down the right of the airbox front to back fills up with white gunge. Its a cracked a bit I just wrap it in black tape. My engine has been out clutch change maybe a drain got pinched somewhere. Lovin this Global warmin 12 deg today in January i don't needd my electric vest and gloves.

I had the same problem on my Stelvio. I had the oil level between the marks and one day when checking the air filter was surprised to find so much oil in the air box. In the pics on this thread I don't see how the air vents out of the catch bottle. On my mini cooperS, I bought a catch can with a hose in and a hose out back to the PCV breather system, it traps oil from mucking up the cooler. It traps alot of oil and I drain it off. I was thinking of the same idea for my Stelvio but there is little room to fit one in. I think one should take a hose back to the air box. There is still lots of time with no riding until the weather warms up so if anybody has any suggetions on this, they would be welcomed.

Back