• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

? on adjusting head lights

kwn306

High Miler
My rear shcok is worn out, Mother Guzzi refuses to warranty the shock so I have started saving pennies to up grade the suspension. In the mean time I need to lower my headlight, it is really giving the cagers a fit. I looked in the books that came with the bike and see nothing. Looked at the back of the headlight and see 2 screws at the top of each head light bucket, I am assuming these are the adjusters.

Does anyone know if I need to screw them in or out to lower the head light?

Measure the hight to center of headlight from the ground.
Have someone sitting on the bike and back off 10 meters from a white wall. Pfreffably at dusk.

Center of the low light shall be 1% lower per unit, ie 10 cm lower at 10 meters distance. Won't even try to convert that into feet and inches. :mrgreen:

Then try fiddle with those screws.

If you wan't it in pics, go to page 3-34 in this old Volvo Amazon manual:

http://volvo1800pictures.com/document/v ... t_P120.pdf

:woohoo:

On mine the height adjustment screws are in the bottom. There is an opening in the plastic and the adjuster screws are at an angle.

I also found that putting the low cutoff at what I would think is normal, put the high beam light up in the trees.

......or you can put more weight in the front. :lol: :lol: :lol:

They sell tank bags especially made for this. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry I had to say it!

DanPez said:
......or you can put more weight in the front. :lol: :lol: :lol:

They sell tank bags especially made for this. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry I had to say it!

Hmmmmmmmmm, never thought of that, I do have a tak bag, maybe a case of Jack Daniels or George Dickel in the tank bag and leave the wife at home :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: That might be easier than finding the adjustment screws and then the two of us fussing at one another while adjusting the head light.

kwn306 said:
That might be easier than finding the adjustment screws

In the bottom. Easy to get to from in front of the bike. If it is hard to get to, it is the wrong screw. I assume the screw you are seeing is for side to side adjustment.

Well... either I am dense or blind 'cause I don't see any adjusting screws on the front of the bike. :?

The only ones I have found that even look like they might adjust the headlights are reached from the seating position and are on the top right of the right light and on the left of the left light. I assume these adjust the side to side of the lights.

Shrike said:
Well... either I am dense or blind 'cause I don't see any adjusting screws on the front of the bike. :?

The only ones I have found that even look like they might adjust the headlights are reached from the seating position and are on the top right of the right light and on the left of the left light. I assume these adjust the side to side of the lights.

Directly under the headlight housing .... access by the front of the bike (Black low fairing)..... you have 2 rectangular slots.
Through those slots there is a philips (star) screw that can be adjusted.
Screwing it in makes the light bulb go down ..... and vice versa. (or the other way around) :silly:

I still think the weights would be easier :lol:

Does it need a strobe light. :laugh:

Right there, about in the middle of the photo. The angled philips screw.

Attachments

• DSCN9150.JPG
    DSCN9150.JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 376
Well s**t. They are actually there... just in farther than I have looked. Thanks guys. ;)

Back