Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

On board racing

Discussion in 'Racing' started by guzzigray, Oct 5, 2019.

1. guzzigray

guzzigray Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

2. Craig C

Craig C Just got it firing! GT Famiglia

This was very cool to watch! What model was this and what class were you racing in?

It looks like you pulled the ol' Doug Polen and "waited until the bike was good" to pass the other riders! Awesome...

3. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Thanks for posting Andrew! I see Sonoma hasn't changed a bit. Last time I went around there was on my Jackal, GSXR-1000 and a TZ250 (that made it a whooping 4 laps before seizing)! Hard to believe that was over a decade ago already. Hearing how hard you were working reminds me of how mindless modern machines are to ride stupid fast. AHRMA weekend I'm guessing?

4. guzzigray

guzzigray Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

thanks for the comment. I think I was waiting until the rider was good. Got off to a slow start. :)

I was racing with https://www.csra.us/ a Vintage Superbike class that races as part of AFM. 81 Lemans, heavily modified.

5. ChopSauce

ChopSauce Tuned and Synch'ed

Thanks for the onboard trip!