• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Opinions please V7ii Racer

With or without seat cowling?

• With

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Without

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I needed the 2-up seat for my wife so I got that when I first bought my bike. I had them leave the seat cowl off and soon bought the MAS Engineering flr-screen of a member here for a reasonable money. I have seen some folks do nice things with seats. Seen one that had a brown insert so is a similar theme as the stock single. Here is how mine looks currently. Recently added the Mistral exhaust. Have the MAS polished fenders but haven't had time for them and I also have Todd's retro valves/head guard on order as well.

I do not like the decal....too big but had it lying around. Will replace with something smaller like the "stick-eagle" next time I am placing a parts order.
B06B7B78-0434-4068-8CC0-008893943BD5_zpscjghfw0o.jpg

5FB89CC7-2604-41FF-9C28-56CB80EFD6FB_zps3b2o0jyh.jpg
Hi Bob
That looks really smart. I might try to get one of those.

I'll be happy to sell you my "almost like new" Dart fly screen, taken off my V7II Stone, for significantly less than the new price.
Thanks for the offer, but I reckon that the postage and import tax would probably cost more than my bike!!

I think the number is on the big side,it tends to draw the eye away from the rest of whats worth looking at on the bike............looks good without the seat cowl and I'd try small bar-end mirrors.......... really smart bike :envy:

I think the number is on the big side,it tends to draw the eye away from the rest of whats worth looking at on the bike............looks good without the seat cowl and I'd try small bar-end mirrors.......... really smart bike :envy:

The side plates from Barracuda are actually smaller than the OEM side plates. Detracts less...

Speaking of bar end mirrors, I picked up a pair of these:

DSCF1711.jpg

I purchased these from Corsa Italiana and they are plug and play. They are well made and it saves time from other models where drilling may be required.

I think you're right about the small bar end mirrors. Can't understand why Guzzi don't fit them as standard anyway. I picked these up from fleabay for 98p, including postage! Bargain!

Image And fitted to the bike. . . Not exactly plug and play, they needed the hole in the inner washer opening out, but didn't take long. I figure for the price I haven't lost much if they're not much good. Incidentally the view is much clearer than the stock mirrors. My elbows don't get in the way.

View attachment 10007 View attachment 10008 View attachment 10006 View attachment 10006 Hi all,
I'm torn between the two looks on the Racer - with or without seat cowl!
So, as a bit of fun, what's your opinion? With or without? Dressed or naked!
I've also removed the silly little fly screen above the front number plate.
Also, do any of you know of any smaller mirrors that look good?
Cheers
Jenkins.
You have an option of getting a smaller seat cowl made , I will upload a picture of mine so you can see how the bikes looks improve with out the large numbers on the sides. IMG 3384

Thanks, i looked at the link, but I don't do facebook. I'll have to see if i can find someone to enquire for me. The seat cowl looks very neat. I think i prefer the aluminium front cowl shown in the earlier post, but have no idea where to get it from. Oh well, the cheapest option may be to order an unpainted front flyscreen from Guzzi and just get it painted.

Thanks, i looked at the link, but I don't do facebook. I'll have to see if i can find someone to enquire for me. The seat cowl looks very neat. I think i prefer the aluminium front cowl shown in the earlier post, but have no idea where to get it from. Oh well, the cheapest option may be to order an unpainted front flyscreen from Guzzi and just get it painted.

I had inquired about the front fairing (59 Euros) and rear cowl (see below) that he makes. Davis Moralez quoted the following:

Seat cowl (fits all V7 seats) 89 €. Unpainted but primed. If you prefer, it could be painted in matte or gloss black (for 35 € more).

His email address is: davizmorales@hotmail.com

As for the front OEM aluminum front fairing from Moto Guzzi new accessory line, you can probably have Todd order it for you. If he cannot, you can pick one up (in black) from AF1 Racing (click to view) for $356.95! Alternatively, I saw one last week for sale via Fleabay for $200.00.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. That's a lot of cash for just the flyscreen! The MG part was quoted as about £28, unpainted. I think that will probably be it for now, I'm happy with the look as it stands in my last photo, but might just get the unpainted flyscreen and do it black with a Guzzi eagle transfer that i already have. Then just get out and ride it some, if it'll ever stop raining! I've managed to run it in now, 1000 miles since Feb 4th when i had it delivered. Need to do some more, in the sunshine. That's what i bought it for!

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. That's a lot of cash for just the flyscreen! The MG part was quoted as about £28, unpainted. I think that will probably be it for now, I'm happy with the look as it stands in my last photo, but might just get the unpainted flyscreen and do it black with a Guzzi eagle transfer that i already have. Then just get out and ride it some, if it'll ever stop raining! I've managed to run it in now, 1000 miles since Feb 4th when i had it delivered. Need to do some more, in the sunshine. That's what i bought it for!

Yeah, I think MG is jumping on the H-D bandwagon when it comes to charging an arm and a flyscreen for accessories. ;) That is why I bought the aluminum one from Moralez for 59 Euros. By British pound Sterling Standards, that would work out well for you if you ever changed your mind!

Enjoy your bike and congrats! Looking forward to picking mine up in three weeks (still snowing in my area sporadically)! :rock:

Hi Carl, How does that cowl attach? Is it a "press-fit" or attached in any way with a fastener? If pressed on does it feel secure?
Hello Bob , it has no fasteners , rather it is the same profile as the seat and it has a lip that runs along the base , I see you have the two up seat. I'm not sure if it will be as secure. I will remove it and take a picture or two so you get an idea what I mean. Are you still waiting for your adaptor plates and valve covers?

Thx for the pictures Carl. In chatting with Daviz it sounds like the cowl will work with the 2-up seat which would make it perfect. I am wondering how well the fiberglass will hold up over time but I do like the look. He does some really nice work.

No covers/guards yet I'm afraid. I think Todd was mentioning he was waiting for the covers (think they arrived this week) and then they would be off to the painter. I suspect that will take the balance of this week so I am actually thinking I may get them later next week. If Todd read this he may comment for us.

Back