• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Parts and Service

stmike

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
I've been tossing around the idea of picking up a new Breva 1200 Sport. The thing is, when I had my 2002 LeMans, I ended up selling it in 2006 in part because of the difficulties with the MG dealer network as well as MGNA's inadequacies at the time. So I'd like to ask the newer Guzzi owners in this part of the world what their experiences have been with warrantee issues. I'd appreciate any input.

It depends on the dealer. Some have no trouble handling warrantee claims, others are clueless. Unfortunately, all the dealers that have no problems aren't in SoCal to the best of my knowledge. That said, I haven't heard of too many problems with the Breva series.

I think at least TO Guzzi (Vespa of Thousand Oaks and Vespa of Sherman Oaks - all the same folks) is trying to do better (took a bit of prodding from one of the better dealers to "help" them), but they still have a ways to go.

Long Beach Guzzi would like to build their Guzzi business rather than being a scooter boutique.

Fortunately we do have Guzzi Tech and MG Classics to help us out.

jdg

jdgretz wrote:
Fortunately we do have Guzzi Tech and MG Classics to help us out.

jdg
And thank goodness for that. Unfortunately, neither entity is an authorized warrantee service depot. I haven't been to either T.O. or L.B. yet, but will have to check them out. I work not too far from Long Beach, so will go over there this week.

I've had no issues with warranty issues with Dave in Santa Barbara, and other dealers that honor warranty issues are out there. with my griso, breva and cal SS, i have had no issues with warranty service on any of them, and I was the second owner of my griso and my breva.... The good dealers will take care of you, just take care of them

stmike wrote:
And thank goodness for that. Unfortunately, neither entity is an authorized warrantee service depot.
Actually, both of us can do minor unofficial "official" warranty work. Neither of us will do a cam recall your 8V motor per se, but for most other minor things, happy to help. I/GT are on the as-far-west side of L.A. as you can get.

OK, I'm in Burbank, bought my Norge at MGTO March last year, & he has faithfully handled the few minor warranty issues to date, & actually done pretty well by me in that regard. Have had a number of parts ordered, they don't stock a whole lot, but almost without fail anything I've asked for they've gotten in 1-2 weeks tops, other than the windshield motor which took a month due to Piaggio redesigning the original crappy design, been fine ever since. One nice touch now is that they recently bought Vespa Sherman Oaks, on Ventura very near Woodman. They don't do Guzzi work there-yet-but you can drop your bike off there, they will truck it back & forth to TO no charge. Rather convenient for those of us on this side of town.

Their current Guzzi mechanic (Jamison) is not deeply experienced with Guzzi, but seems confident, has Piaggio tech nearby in OC if needed, & is willing to utilize them. I do routine maintenance (valves & oils) myself, but I'll be dropping my Norge off soon for the 12,500 miles service (a bit late, got 19k, but did the time sensitive stuff myself already) shortly. I have no regrets about buying my Norge, or about where I got it. I think I saw a 1200 Sport there (in TO) last Sunday when I dropped by for his 3rd anniversary party. Anything else you want to know, feel free to contact me direct.

Thanks much Bob, that's good info. I do like the Breva Sport, and may look into selling or trading my GT for it.

I'll add one note about MGTO though - if you order parts, be sure to follow up. I ordered a side panel for my Aluminum about a year ago and gave them a credit card number to charge the $60 or $70 or whatever it was up front. The part arrived but was the wrong one (unpainted) so they were going to find the right one for me, but after months of not hearing from them, I've kind of just given up on it. To be fair, I got massively busy with a work project and wasn't riding much, so I didn't call every week to check on the status which probably would have prompted them to follow through, but on the other hand, that shouldn't really be necessary either... And the guy was really nice whenever I did talk to him. :)

-Tim.

maybe we just dont get along, but i've found jamison to be pretty green, and i have had nothing but warranty troubles with them since day 1. not having much apparent mechanical/metallurgical experience, he seems to lap up the bullshit answers piaggio spews and then defend it to the core. Meanwhile, anyone with a brainstem can see the real source of the problem. Ive got to hand it to him though, he can follow the book to the last letter. He blames obvious quality problems on me, the end user, because according to piaggio, piaggio can do no wrong.

Dave is a bit of a sleazebag. He's really helpful when you are interested in buying a bike, cause your about to drop 10+ grand.

Im not sure what to make of Linda.

There is one other guy (i forget his name, he works in sales) that is a lot more helpful.

The only way you will get any warranty work covered is if you leave everything bone stock. If you put an aftermarket pipe on, and your headlight relay goes out, your SOL because you have modified it.

I'll agree Jameson is somewhat green re Guzzis. Dave hasn't sold a hell of a lot of them & most of those he's sold to haven't put on a lot of miles yet. But he can't get "less" green without the opportunity to work on the bikes. The nearest very well experienced Guzzi warranty shop shop is, where, Arizona, Northern Cal? Who is there around, available, that he could hire that would be a lot more experienced on Guzzis? I've had, oh, 6-7 parts orders, 2 of them warranty, all handled quickly & to my complete satisfaction. My experience with Dave has been just fine. On occaision he's asked me to answer questions re my Norge from potential buyers that he didn't have the answer to (for example, my gas mileage), directly to the buyer. I've been happy to do so, & also copied for him a couple of Norge comparo articles. I want him to succeed, I feel it is in my best interests for him to succeed. Perhaps in response he's gone out of his way to help me out, like loaning me a foot peg off a floor bike as a spare while I went on a longish trip after I broke mine by dropping the bike. (I was paranoid about dropping it again without having the passenger peg available as a spare.) By the time I got back from the trip, a replacement from Piaggio was waiting for me.

Meanwhile I am totally happy to bring my older out of warranty Guzzis to Sean & Mark at MG Classics, & will continue to do so. But they can't do warranty work on my Norge now, though I would have no problem sending it to them post warranty if that seems appropriate when I get there in another 2 years. So at least in the interim I'll also do my best to bring Dave & Jameson along one way or another, plus possibly one of the guys at the SO shop that may be working on them shortly. Long term, in everyone's best interests.

YMMV.

Back