• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Parts Supply

bronco_breva

Tuned and Synch'ed
I've ordered some parts for my Breva from my local dealer, a hose clamp for the drive shaft boot, a bolt for the oil cooler and a pin and split pin for the rear brake calliper. That was over 6 weeks ago and they still haven't arrived, is my dealer crap or is it Guzzi's supply network.

Fortunately I can still ride the bike, but this experience is spoiling ownership of what otherwise is a fantastic bike.

Bronco_Breva

You've waited 6 weeks for a hose clamp and a couple of bolts? Don't they have hardware stores in the UK?

Seriously though, did you try ordering online? For small parts like that, you can sometimes get better results through the internet.

Don't know what dealer you went to, but most parts like that are readily available.
Contact www.corsaitaliana.com and they will mail parts to you by return of post normally.
But a bolt is a bolt is a bolt as they say. As long as you know the diameter and length, you can get one almost anywhere, you know it will be a metric thread.

I hear this complaint many times on our forum in the UK. 8 times out of 10 the parts are readily available from the better dealers. The fault so often lies at the feet of the dealer who doesn't bother to order bits until he has a worthwhile order, or just doesn't bother. Can't speak for Australia though.

I`ve noticed that Guzzi themselves don`t send out the parts unless it is a worthwhile order. Bigger the dealer/ turnover in parts, quicker they get supplied, smaller dealer/parts turnover,= "issa nota wortha packaging da parts, issa too small"

FWIW the clips aren't sold separately by the factory, you have to buy them with the boot and that will cost you something like a hundred quid or something equally stupid. What you WILL find is if you go to 'Wottalottacrap Auto' who trade under the name of 'Halfords' in the UK and ask them for a boot retaining clamp for the CV joint boot of some small, front-wheel-drive shitbox car like a Toyota Corolla, Honda Squivic or Hyundai Lantra they will, for probably about 50p, supply you with same and it will do the job perfectly. The bolt for the oil cooler is, I believe, a 6mm allen bolt about 30-35mm long. surely not an arduous thing to find in any ironmonger or hardware joint for about 20p. The pin for the caliper might be a problem as Brembo tend not to sell such parts separately any more, whoops! I tell a lie! It is

GU07702_33.gif

Part #4 I presume? If you can't get one from Guzzi just get on to whoever the local Brembo Jock is and get one off them, it'll be cheaper than from Guzzi anyway.

Pete roper was correct in identifying the brake part, I'll be looking for my local Brembo dealers. As for the hose clip I'll get the string out and measure the old one and get up to halfords, the bike's got a cable tie on the boot at the moment which is doing the job (a quick fix by the dealer as I had a small oil leak from the boot on top of the CARC).

As for the bolt, its the top middle bolt that holds the oil cooler on (part no 7 in the picture) Although its called a bolt, it's double ended and a spacer all in one. When I removed the trim that bolts to it (to remove the tank) I found the thread partly striped the frame end. I don't think the hardware store will have one.

All 3 parts are ordered and paid for, £11 for the lot seemed cheap enough not to bother searching elsewhere.

I'm off on a europeon tour in June and intend to ride the Stelvio Pass I may pop into the Guzzi factory while I'm there see if I can get the parts direct and when they are not looking i'll swap my bike for a new Norge. Do you think they will notice?

Attachments

• Bolt copy.jpg
    Bolt copy.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 490
That part #7 usually has part munted threads as it is screwed into a painted part of the frame and they don't run a tap through it before they install it. Unless it is in iminent danger of falling out I wouldn't sweat it too much as I have yet yo see one jump ship.

GU07801_11.gif

Factory lists only boot and clips as one part, clips are obviously available elsewhere. Incidentally the idea of a cable tie is great! Dunno why I didn't think of it. Probably better than the clips!!!

Pete

Pete, those boot clips (5 & 7) must be available in the UK, cos when my CARC bearing was eventually done, Baldrick fitted the boot back with new clips. He certainly didn't get a new boot. The clips look identical to the originals. I'll ask next time I see him.

The thread on my "part 7" bolt is damaged and won't tighten up, I just hope there's enough thread left in the frame to hold a new one. Looking at the diagram the nut is available seperate "part 10" I'll have a closer look when I fit the new one, the impression I got the last time I removed the bolt is that the nut is welded to the frame.

The clips on mine where use once only and throw away. They have to be removed and replaced when the bearing is renewed, which was done 18 months ago on my bike. I think the inner clip (part 7) was not quit tight enough and allowed a small leak of oil, it was more of a mist than a leak as the oil dosn't sit in this boot but only gets splashed up there when riding.

Attachments

• Bolt copy.jpg
    Bolt copy.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 319
Roblatt said:
I waited nearly six months for top box and panniers ordered at my dealer. But that was 3 years ago. I get the feeling Guzzi only makes parts when they have a request for them.

Sometimes it is JSG (The Oz importers) not bothering to make an order till they get enough requirements.

I think that panniers and box are things they don't make many of, I was told by JSG the Breva box was not in stock and had no ETA from the factory for example.

(However, Dave Ward at Moto Italia managed to find one for me, so who knows?)

Zebee

Could be Zebee but overall I thik they have done a better job than at least the previous two importers. I have few problems getting stuff. I mean a head for an 8 valver? That's not the sort of thing I'd expect to be in stock here given the volumes sold but within four weeks of warranty being approved, less I think, it lobbed onto my doorstep.

One thing I HAVE had problems with is the bloody split bearing that goes in smallblock gearboxes under 5th gear! I've had one of these on back-order for literally months and no joy. In desperation I got on to both Todd and Greg at MPH and MI respectively and apparently the factory no longer lists it as a part!!!! This is for a current bike they are still selling! It's a Piaggio fuck-up, not the dealers or even the importers! I've tried Mario in Perth and he also hasn't been able to source them from ANYWHERE and you know how good Mario is and how many contacts he has in Italy!!!

I think I'll try Harper's on Monday. They have heaps of NOS shit from years ago and might just have one mouldering on the shelf. This is for Muz's bike in NZ and it's been over a year I think! I got everything else he needed in a few weeks but the bearing and some sort of pin were a real pain!!!!

Dave W. recently scabbed up a wole load of NOS stuff from one of the dealers that dropped Guzzi in sydney, thats where the box came from, lucky bugger. If anyone else in Oz wants that sort of stuff I believe he has loads of it.

Pete

Back