• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

PC-V Breva 1100 ABS --> problems and missing map

vincedeguzzi

Just got it firing!
GT Famiglia
Hello from Switzerland

I have Guzzi Breva 1100 ABS 2006

After having a lot of problems with the starving idle gas and the very high petrol consumption, I tryed everything to fix it.
I tryed almost everythig, also I have turned the "sacred screw" and so on.
Then I tryed with the DucatiDiag ........ no success!!

Next step, I changed the complete throttel body (used but ok), including the TPS and the stepper.
TPS reset with DucatiDiag, no change at all.

So now, I decided to buy the Powercommander V
I have installed it. (only PC-V and a module which is in between the Lambda-sensor)

The big disappontment was, that there is no special map for my Breva!
There is only a standart for the 1100 Griso!!!

On my Breva, I took away the catalysator, I have a K&N air filter and a open Mistral exhaust, and a interference tube
(there where the catalysator was)

Do you have any Map for my Breva? It seems, that no one has this in europe

At the moment I have no idle gas. Petrol consumption still to high (6.5 liters on 100km, and I am driving always slowly and never over 4000-5000 rpm)

I have quickly read a topic in this forum, and I saw, that also others have problems, to read/understand the interface
of the PC-V. eg, why the throttel position is always to 100%?

I am sure, that I have installed the PC-V correctly.

Do you have any ideas?

Or is it maybe something completly else?
The valve are ok, all tubes are ok as well. The sparks are ok.

I got a error at the dashboard (06), this is the air temp sensor near the air filter.
But I cannot trust it. Next time when I will take away the tank, I will mesure the resistance
(it looked ok last time)

I noticed also, when I am trying to synchronise, I cannot really hold, eg 3000rpm.
It suddenly get higer.........lower.... and so on
also, when I change the position of the 2 screws (idle gas air/petrol) nothing happen!

I really get desperated!!
All my othe Guzzis with the good old carburators are working excellent.

Sorry for my un-structured email, and also for my english.

I would apreciate any ideas.

Thanks!!

Vincedeguzzi

Hi Vincenzo, welcome to the Forum.

So either you have the TPS wire tap to the incorrect wire, or you've mis-set the Throttle Position within the PC-V software (not the diagnostic software).

I can help you with a map, send a direct e-mail to me to; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Hello Todd

Thanks for your help.
I sent you a email.

The installation of the PC-V is correct, I checked it.

The calibration of the throttels I could make it, but not until the end.

The software of the PC-V is rather strange.
The green numbers (displays the rpm, throttle and so on) are working
only short time! after 1-2 minutes, they stop.

The other problem is, there no guideline how to use the software.
Also strange for me is, that to calibrate the throttels, the engine must be running!

Ok, thanks again for your help.

Ciao

Before adding stuff like a pc-v, first the bike should be technical ok, if not the pc-v can't solve it and makes it not better. IF the ecu tell you sensor is not ok solve it first, maybe it's not the sensor but something else, it's not normal to see that error. The same with idle, there is a reason why things don't work the way they should. I can't see it over the 600km that separate us. But there is basicaly something wrong. Look for someone who has knowledge to sort it out.

I agree with you. Problem is, there is no one near here. We had lot's of problems in Switzerland to find someone who is importing officially Moto Guzzi.
The few remaining, are from the "old-carburator-school" and they told me, that they either do not have the equipement, or they do not have the knowledge.

You are only a day ride from several other countries. Even Agostini in Mandello Italy is only a day away. Isn't it worth the trip to get the bike right? Or purchase the diagnostic software to do the job your self.

Thanks John. Yes, I could. But I like to solve the problems myself. And, I am also a little lazy.

I am getting nearer to the solution. Very slowy, but I am on the way.
This forum has helped me a lot. Some "slang" words I have to translate in google.

This evening I will measure the stepper.
I like to find out first of all, if it is working and how. I think the valve has only 2 position, closed and open (but I am not sure).

The other thing is, that I am sure, that the ECU cannot find out, if the stepper is faulty. The only thing is if it is unplugged or if one of the coils have a interruption. But if for example the valve is not moving anymore, there will no error message come up.

Also I will then also stuff the tube between the airbox and the stepper to check out what happens.
I have really the symptom described in the forum. Since month I really got mad, why during the calibration of the throttle, I could almost never hold for example 3000 rpm..

I am looking forward to check it out

regards

Back