• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

PC-V User Comments

GUZIRDR

Cruisin' Guzzisti
PC-V/AutoTune

Hey guys, just took my bike out for the first good ride since I had the PC-V/Auto Tune installed and may I say for all of you that have ordered it, you will be pleasantly surprised. I put about 120 miles, mainly canyon riding and she rode really smooth. As you twist the throttle the bike pulls forward with no hesitation. It pulls in ever gear. When your letting the throttle back as you come into a turn and keeping it at about 10%-20% and then press again as your coming out of the turn you feel a smooth responsive pull forward. Where as before I would feel a bit of hesitation as your pulling forward. Also the sound has deepened a little from the muffler that I got from Guzzitech and there is no popping on deceleration. It sounds and runs clean. For all of you that are thinking about it , stop thinking. Bite the bullet and go for it. And if you can, don't be cheap go half ass and get partial equip. Get it all along with the CNC Filter ring replacement allowing more airflow. Our bike needs the proper nutrition to run at optimal performance. This is the Trick. I am curious to hear from others and what they think when you get yours done. Keep us posted. Thanks for everything Todd. V :cheer:

Re: PC-V/AutoTune

I ordered the whole enchilada and am anxiously awaiting the chance to do a "heart and brain transplant" The Big S looks so forlorn, sitting in the Goose Pen half stripped and naked.

What A/F ratios are you using? Any leaning out in the cruising range to pinch fuel dollars?

John in PA said:
I ordered the whole enchilada and am anxiously awaiting the chance to do a "heart and brain transplant" The Big S looks so forlorn, sitting in the Goose Pen half stripped and naked.

+1 I've been messing around with the Euro turnsignals and rerouting farkle wiring, but I'm running out of stuff to do. I even removed the O2 senser yesterday.

I was hoping I could take the Stelvio to Babrbers Vintage Fest, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen :cry:

Ron

Thanks V! Glad you're enjoying what a Stelvio *should* run like!

Guys, yes, sorry... working as fast as I can. I should be able to get most of those I have this week.

GT-Rx said:
Thanks V! Glad you're enjoying what a Stelvio *should* run like!

Guys, yes, sorry... working as fast as I can. I should be able to get most of those I have this week.

No rush here. Take your time and get 'r perfect!! ;)

GT-Rx said:

Sorry Todd, not good enough! You do know that sleep is grossly overrated don't you? :lol:

I'll make it to Barbers, not quite as quickly or in as much style, but I'll make it. It will get here when it gets here.

Did I mention I took the O2 sensor out yesterday....oh yeah, I guess I did. :D

Thanks,
Ron

Re: PC-V User Guide PDF - Install info

It took me about an hour and a half to have mine up and running and most of that time was taking the RapidBike 2 module off of the bike. Everything that I worried about screwing up never came true because Todd had already taken care of it. I thought that my bike ran ok before but now after the PCV/Autotune and ECU and airbox mod and a switch to control the stepper motor it runs super smooth and spins up faster too. Redline comes a lot faster than it did before. I did spend about an hour balancing and synchronizing the throttle bodies but it was the first time I had done it, I'd never used VDSTS before and I did't want to screw anything up. It would probably take me about 10 minutes now. The whole thing was much more plug and play than I thought it was going to be. After riding over to the Nor-Cal rally on Saturday and around all Sunday I highly recommend the whole package.
Thanks again Todd

Look, I'm not dissing the package. Believe me, I want it to work as well as anybody. More than many I suspect! The ONLY issue for me is time. I'm currently, with my wife, caring for her Mum who is dying in our home. It is a long, drawn-out and very harrowing process. I simply don't have time to spend on motorbike shit at the moment.

I don't doubt for a moment that with the whole package the bikes will run a lot better. I misunderstood certain aspects of it. This isn't a criticism of Todd or the PCV system, simply an observation about the fact that it hasn't, for me, been a simple 'Plug and Play' and I DON'T have the time to spend getting it right. When every five minutes you are interupted by having to take someone to the Loo, or feed them, or prevent them wandering off or injuring themselves it is impossible, at least for me, to do any sort of decent install or diagnostic work. If you look at the pics I posted you'll see that all the bugger-arseing about I've been doing is NOT at my well equipped workshop but in my poxy car-port. Why? Because I HAVE to be here. Leaving Jude with Mum for anything more than a few hours is simply unconscionably mean and selfish of me. I can't do it. I'd love to, but I can't. Sometimes life, and death, get in the way.......

Pete

It didn't sound like you were putting down the setup, it just sounded like you ran into a few problems. Sorry to hear about whats going on at home.
If you don't want to go through the hassle of shipping it I'd be more than happy to come by and give you hand putting it in and setting it all up. All I'd need is a plane ticket from San Francisco, it could even be an economy class ticket. I've got a lot of free time.

:D Yeah, but in a few months, or a year at most this'll be over and done with, (Mum.) and since I've got an 8V in the USA anyway I can spend dome time shooting shit with Todd and the So-Cal boys and put the unit on THAT bike!!!

Pete

ok, so yesterday I rode for about 300Km with the PC-V and AT maps that Todd sent originally. The original map is quite fine, but it can (and will) get better. I've done my first trim adjustment, but I haven't ridden with the adjusted PC-V map yet.

So far what I noticed is an overall smoothness that is a Godsend, and also a noticeable jump in consumption. The mileage has gone down quite a bit. Before I could do 380-400Km give or take with 19l. (reserve light just coming on). Yesterday I made about 300 with the same fuel.
Revving up is smooth and you reach the redline in a heartbeat. I don't recall running out of gears that easily before :D
WITH the Stepper Motor on, dropping down two gears has become much easier, as the bike is not as brute as before. WITHOUT the Stepper Motor dropping gears is simply a breeze. The main difference between having the stepper m. on or off with the PC-V is engine braking. Without it the bike is running much more freely.

I'm going to keep the 13,2 AFR map for a while and develop a PC-V map for it, then try some other possibilities for better mileage.

More to report on the Stelvio. Took her out for about 210 miles this weekend to Ojai and she seems to run better each time I ride her.....That didn't sound so good huh!! ... ;) I still had the pinging issues when picking it up after everything was installed but the more I ride her the less she pings. As I was riding back from Ojai I would snap the throttle both on the road and the freeway and the pinging seems to have mostly gone away. Aside from that the bike has much less vibration when decelerating......From a stand still, I twisted the throttle and I believe I popped a wheelie, not purposely!!....That should tell you guys something...And as for the Gas mileage, I have not seen a difference....Has not made it any better nor worse....With time she seems to get better MPG....She is running the way she was made to run, smooth and responsive....Thanks again Todd

P.S. To all of you that are getting the whole enchilada, please do report. Would love hear what you guys think.

Safe Riding!! :)

The increase in fuel consumption is a worry. Am waiting for delivery of my PC5/AT/airbox lid/stepper motor bypass/ECU flash etc. for my Griso 8v. Longing for the benefits Zapa mentioned, but not really willing to accept poor fuel consumption. We must keep in touch for a map that will give an acceptable balance.

rguzz said:
The increase in fuel consumption is a worry. Am waiting for delivery of my PC5/AT/airbox lid/stepper motor bypass/ECU flash etc. for my Griso 8v. Longing for the benefits Zapa mentioned, but not really willing to accept poor fuel consumption. We must keep in touch for a map that will give an acceptable balance.
I'm sure that a more conservative approach in the AutoTune chart would give excellent results in both areas. Surely Todd will provide some hints about that when he's got a bit of time.

Stelvio ECU,PC-V,autotune install:

My updated ECU, PC-V, autotune package arrived Wednesday this week. Picked it up at the Post Office at lunch and called back to work to advise them that something had come up. It took me about 2.5 hours to do the install. No issues with the install, everything went pretty much as illustrated. It is just a bit time consuming to get everything like you want it. The voltmeter/ohm meter was indispensible.
The bike cranked right up and idled smoothly. After a warm up, a 20 mile test ride confirmed the value. Throttle response was much crisper, back firing essentially elliminated, strong pulling with acceleration and the rough spot on the Stelvio between 3000 and 4000 rpm completely gone.
Will check the TPS zero this weekend and have the PC-V accept trim from the autotune after a longer ride.
Take the Plunge.....

I'm happy to report a fairly seamless installtion on a Griso 8V not using auto tune. It came pre-loaded with what I believe to be a Todd spec Stelvio map. My bike doesn't really have a problem with closed loop manners, it's the midrange torque dip and maybe peak HP I'm after. Heading to a dynojet guzzi tuning center (Cascade MC) in the next couple weeks and will make results available when done. Cheers to Todd!

I haven't decided yet to spend the money on this upgrade. One of the things holding me back--

I haven't seen anybody reporting back here about MPG and range when using the "economode" 13.6 A/F ratios Todd suggested.

Anybody do any before and after comparisons? Or is there another thread somewhere I've missed with this info?

Fuel consumption on my Breva has gone from about 4.1-4.6 L/100Km to between 7 and 7.8 L/100km.

Mike.C said:
Fuel consumption on my Breva has gone from about 4.1-4.6 L/100Km to between 7 and 7.8 L/100km.

What are the modifications you have made to the bike? Sounds quite high consumption...

My Norge dropped about 4-5 Miles per Gallon with a 13.2 A/F Ratio compared to how it ran before without the PVC/A/T and how it runs now It's worth it and I have no desire to fiddle with the A/F ratio. I suppose I can achieved a better MPG by doing so but at what performance expense ?

Back