• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

PC5 installed on Griso?

bsanut

Tuned and Synch'ed
Anybody got it done yet? I'm paid up with Todd but my bike is still in one piece. First hoping for feedback re installation and results.

Anyone?

Joe

I just did, and i can say i am THRILLED.

Its like somebody installed an extra cylinder somewhere. And it doesnt ping, or pop.

Money WELL spent. Very happy with it.

Tell us more Spaceclam! Did you get the full monte? PC-V, Autotune, and ECU mod? Did it smooth out the drive line lash? You know that spot, right off idle, where the griso is really lean? Man I hope so. That's what I want fixed the most. I want super smooth on off throttle transitions at all rpms. Tell me it's so! Can't wait to get mine.

It is most definatly so. Parking lot manners are MUCH better. You should see the numbers!

better throttling, LOTS more low end, a little more top. It also starts much better, even though i have the stepper motor disabled.

I got the reflash, as well as the PCV. No auto tune, i was able to borrow one. It's like riding your bike in 60 degree weather, all the time :)

Spaceclam,
I think we are talking about the same thing. You describe it as parking lot manners. I describe it as on/off throttle behavior. The lean fueling combined with the driveline lash makes it very difficult to be smooth with on/off throttle transitions. Example: When approaching a corner you are off the gas and then mid corner you want to come back on the gas gently and accelerate around the corner. Between 3000 and 4000 rpms the griso jerks into motion. I hate that. I want it to be smooth and seemless.

I have NEVER experienced serious on/off lash between 3 and 4, for me it's always been much lower. But if you tighten the throttle cables, that's 50%. The PCV helps a LOT. There is still driveline lash, no way around it. But having a trained hand for it already, it seems smooth as glass now.

Spaceclam wrote:
I have NEVER experienced serious on/off lash between 3 and 4, for me it's always been much lower.
In the 1200S it's a serious kick in 1st and 2nd gears from off to on. I really, really hope that gets solved :D

Spaceclam,
Have you calmed down enough to get some idea about your mpg with the new mods?

Re: Re:pC5 installed on Griso?

Zapa said:
In the 1200S it's a serious kick in 1st and 2nd gears from off to on. I really, really hope that gets solved :D
I know you will be pleased Zapa.

actually, i havent been riding it much. Not because i dont want to, but because somebody jacked my helmet and until i get my new one, riding isnt very comfortable. (i feel it's worth waiting for the shoei rf1100 to come out)

Right now i have my extra shoei visor electrical taped to my dirtbike helmet. The wind still makes my eyes burn.

So, i get my helmet on the 6th (plus or minus a day or two) and there's a few weeks of playing with the throttle after that. Im sure somebody will have some numbers before i do.

Hi All
PCV auto tune and ECU turned up tuesday morning,,got it all installed and running mid
afternoon .
All working as it is supposed too, bike seems alot smoother and more responsive.
Took off wednesday morning and promply hit rain on a 200klm/120 mile trip to meet up with some friends.
Bike still honked along nicely.
On the way back it developed a little hiccup occasionally so I checked the connections and found the Autotune to PCV wasn't pushed fully home.
Went out again and still had an issue with the occasional stumble, like an electrical misfire.
Pulled the tank off and checkd the connection from the TPS as I was getting strange readings on TPS settings off the PCV and VDST so I retightened the connection.
Problem solved other than an annoying rattle around the bottom of the motor. Sounded like a loose baffle in the slip on muffler.
Hint here people :!: ,double check you tightened the new 02 sensor enough, :blush: bloody embarrasing that the guy at the bike shop looks underneath and says its loose.
On the up side the wife thinks I need a new exhaust :lol:.
Overall it seems to be working well and i will give it a good long run whe I get back from the Desert again in a month.
Thanks again Todd for all the work that you put into this for us.
later swagzz

Back