• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Petition to Piaggio, Re: Guzzi -- *READ & SIGN*

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
PETITION IS CLOSED NOW...

You can read the online PETITION HERE.

Likely it will fall on deaf ears/blind eyes, but atleast it will make those who put their lives in at the factory in Mandello, feel like those who ride Guzzis from around the world really DO care.

Petition read and signed. It might fall on deaf ears, but if enough folks do sign, it probably won't. Now wether Piaggio responds in the manner we hope (big shoulder shrug)..

UK Guzzi club's "Gambalunga" had a bit about the factory closure in this month's issue.
It said Piaggio deny they will close Mandelo & will only be merging the PR & marketing departments.
Piaggio say Mandelo will continue to be the home of Guzzi and they recognize the importance of Mandelo to the brands image & history.
Piaggio point out the same applied when they took over Aprilia (maintaining production at Aprilias premises in Scorze & Noale).

Gambalunga also had a link to MCN news report:
www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsres ... e-reports/

Of course this has originated in Piaggio's PR department.....so its up to you to believe a PR spokesperson or not !

(I have heard a rumour that the new 8v engines are not made at Mandelo but at another Piaggio/Aprilia plant . Anyone know if thats true?)

RJVB wrote:
First (real!) snow in several places in France yesterday, and our ball's started rolling too:

http://www.moto-station.com/article5147.html

(in French, it says nothing really new, but does give needed coverage)

Well, René, I found your name somewhere related to the three-language text.
Put up the link at a few other sites, hoping for many more names.

I do have some doubts on the impact to the Piaggio board, but they will at least be aware that we are out here, and being concerned as well.

I am not a "follower", or a "joiner". I seldom sign petitions etc.

As an individual, and as a member of a group, this letter does reflect my feelings.

Glad to be signer 1127

Well, there's always the business side of this. I hear from all kinds of good and well-meaning people that they would hate for the old factory to close, and for the Guzzi brand to either be diluted or disappear.

Hey, buy a new bike from them! If they sell bikes, they keep factories open. I used to restore old cars and I've met a lot of owners from different marques. I've personally restored 10 Citroen DS automobiles, all manufactured at a plant that not only closed, but is now a park. Citroen didn't go out of business, but they did change. Al the DS guys said that Citroen went downhill after that...

I'll bet the old 500cc single guys thought the party was all over when the V-Twins came out, too.

Petitions mean that there's a lot of loyal owners in the US, yet they didn't sell a whole bunch of bikes here last year. Citroen finally pulled out when they realized that an eight-hour production run would produce all the cars that they would sell in the US for the year. A real vote is riding out of the dealership on a new bike. If you want Mandello to stay open, tell the dealer as you're signing the contract that you'll never darken his door again if Mandello closes.

The message will have much more gravitas.

Just my opinion.
Danilo

Light at the end of the tunnell??

Our mutual friend Patrick/Ragnar posted this link on the other board : http://www.moto-station.com/article5180

De rumeurs en "couacs" de communication, le suspens aura duré mais prend fin aujourd'hui sur le stand de la marque au salon EICMA de Milan ! Stephano Sterpone, directeur commercial pour le Groupe Piaggio, annoncera aujourd'hui à 14h15 que la production des Moto Guzzi restera finalement à Mandello del Lario ! Une excellente nouvelle pour les 350 employés locaux, le monde de la moto et les clients, aussi attachés au V twin qu'à sa légende, dont l'usine située sur les bords du Lac de Come depuis 1921 a toujours constitué le point de départ ! En revanche, les services marketing et communication sont rattachés à Piaggio, alors qu'une grande partie du département Recherche & Développement rejoint l'énorme centre d'Aprilia. De nouvelles infos à venir sur Moto-Station.

Since my Frenches are worse than my Italian, I'll leave the precise translation to René, but as I can understand are Piaggio determined to let the Mandello production continue.

Re:Light at the end of the tunnell??

How many French do you have, Anders? :silly:

I was about to post this myself, but now I'll only have to translate, thx :)

So Stephan Sterpone announced today that Moto Guzzi production will continue to take place at Mandello del Lario, which is an excellent bit of news for the 350 local employees, the world of motorcycling and ... us.
Marketing and communication will be incorporated into Piaggio, and a good part of R&D will move to the Noale facility.
More news to come.

Re:Light at the end of the tunnell??

RJVB wrote:
How many French do you have, Anders? :silly:

One for the cretins, one for the ladies. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back