• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

PHF 36 etc. What's it?

Tonerjockey

High Miler
GT Contributor
OK what the heck is that brass chingadero above the pilot jet on PHF's? I can't find it in diagrams and my PHF 36 is missing it. Bike won't idle with 36's and will with 32's. The 32's have the little slotted thingy and it appears to be missing on the old set of 36's.

And where does I gets 'em?

What's it?

Tanx

Alex

This here thingy:

Dumafacci.jpg

Alex

oops posted before engaging brainulator.

idle Emulsion Tube:

IdleEmulsionTube.jpg

Sorry for the SNR degradation.

Alex

I found this breakdown of my 36's

#68 8557 Non return valve?

If I win do I get a prize? :laugh:

Edit:
Opps! I posted before understood question was answered. :oops: :whistle:

Attachments

• PHF carb.doc
    162 KB · Views: 127
hehhheh

Looks like some Del's had em and some didn't. The diagram you posted doesn't show it.

I am looking for either part # 13086 or 9880. hhmmmmm. Both 32's I have have em, neither PHF30 I have have em and neither PHF36 has em. The bike idles great with the 32's, and not at alll with the 36's. I haven't tried the 30's yet.

Could be plugged up 36's...

Alex

Tonerjockey said:
hehhheh
Looks like some Del's had em and some didn't. The diagram you posted doesn't show it.
I am looking for either part # 13086 or 9880. hhmmmmm. Both 32's I have have em, neither PHF30 I have have em and neither PHF36 has em. The bike idles great with the 32's, and not at alll with the 36's. I haven't tried the 30's yet.

Could be plugged up 36's...
Alex

The part # 13086 you have only shows up on VHSB/VHSA, PHBH/PHBL, VHSB34QD and VHSH type Del's.
There is a BF idle emulsion tubes on PHM Del's with a # 9980 or
CD1 idle emulsion tube on PHM has a # 10532.1

On the PHFs no such luck!
I would guess it's machined differently inside the PHFs without the need of a tube to atomize the fuel on idle.
You did try changing the idle jet size on the 36s right?

Yo,

Just swapped out 60 idle jets to 50. Now will idle with choke on but putters out and gorks W/O choke. Playing with throttle meanwhile makes no dif. Throttle cables adjusted equal. Pistons move nicely.

Had K5 needles, then replaced with K1.

Chokes seat as best I can tell (measurement, inspection, seats OK).

Hmmm think I'll try some 45 idles.

Mains 145.

Maybe these are haunted... tis the season.

Alex

ya know I'm leaning that way. These 36's came off a Lemans that hasn't run in 10 years.

I'll give them the carb cleaner soak tomorrow. Then put air through the passages to see what I can see.

Alex

Tonerjockey said:
ya know I'm leaning that way. These 36's came off a Lemans that hasn't run in 10 years.
I'll give them the carb cleaner soak tomorrow. Then put air through the passages to see what I can see.
Alex

I'm out to take apart my carbs, check the ajustments and orifice condition on my LM3's 36 Dels pretty soon.
You mentioned carb cleaner.
I use to soak them in "paint thinner" in the past.

Is that what you use or is there some product out there that you would recommended?

Try Sea Foam. Someone recommended it on another thread. I used it to clean an idle jet on a PHF30. Big improvement without having to take every thing apart. Sprayed it left it on for half hour, repeated a couple of times. I also started adding the non aerosol version to my gas every 3-4 tank fulls to reduce carbon build up per a friends recommendation. I always add some Lucas injector cleaner/gas treatment to the tank come winter.

Rafael said:
Try Sea Foam. Someone recommended it on another thread. I used it to clean an idle jet on a PHF30. Big improvement without having to take every thing apart. Sprayed it left it on for half hour, repeated a couple of times. I also started adding the non aerosol version to my gas every 3-4 tank fulls to reduce carbon build up per a friends recommendation. I always add some Lucas injector cleaner/gas treatment to the tank come winter.

Because its a ongoing project I'm in the process of taking the carbs apart to check the jet#, float height, orifice ...and so on.
This seems to be more of a treatment product.
Is this stuff good for soaking parts overnight?

DanPez said:
Tonerjockey said:
Alex

I'm out to take apart my carbs, check the ajustments and orifice condition on my LM3's 36 Dels pretty soon.
You mentioned carb cleaner.
I use to soak them in "paint thinner" in the past.

Is that what you use or is there some product out there that you would recommended?

Don't let the carbies "soak" for too long. Carb cleaner will eat out the zinc faster than Coke rots teeth. A short soak followed by a vigorous scrub will work better.

Back