• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Picked up a new Griso 8v

NickSzasz

Tuned and Synch'ed
Yes - I did get a second Griso, but not in addition to my first.

As posted here previously, my bike had the failed camshaft problem in early Dec. An attempt to repair it was made, but failed. My dealer, a one-man shop who does a lot of repair work, said mine was the first and so far only 8v motor to fail here in Japan - and that the the repair kit "was on the way" - but not certain as to when that would be. I guess he was sensing that I was not exactly thrilled about the long wait. I suggested an engine swap for with a bike at the importer. He said that wouldn't happen... but then surprised me with an offer to swap my bike for his. He bought a white 8vG in Dec and it only had 1200kms on it. Mine has 5,800kms on it and 8 months less warranty time. His also has #2 map installed it and is spotless/scratch-less. Mine already had a few scratches due to a stationary fall (while washing it!!! how embarrassing was that!). His was white so he just swapped all those body parts. Did the ownership paperwork swap - and I rode off this weekend. Great to be back on the Griso - - forgot how good it was!

I suppose some out there might not have done the swap. True, - I'm sure a good number of unknown riders had been on his bike. But I think he would have only let people he knew on it. And,,,, frankly it runs better than I remember mine,. I love the way he has the suspension set. I had mine set too hard - especially the front end. Much better now.

When the recall service kit comes in - he'll do that for me too. So I really feel I got a good deal - and I'm riding again just as the weather is warning up. Anyway - I'm feeling pretty good about my Guzzi dealer... (Lovers Motorcycles in Fukuoka, Japan)

and a pic of the NEW Griso, indistinguishable from the old

Wow! Over and above "normal" service treatment:)

Enjoy the new ride & post more pics of riding Japan when you can. They are very enjoyable to view.

:blink: i am left speechless, like many of the others here, judging by the lack of comment. How many of you dealers lurking here would do this ?. This guy should get the world dealer of the year award :woohoo:

Quite a dealer indeed Nick, congrats/nice! Now, to update the Registry with your new VIN#. ;)

Why can't I have a local dealer like that?
Everytime I go into my local shop, if the subject of Guzzi even comes up it is usually something about how they are going to stop selling them soon. Ducati is their bread and butter and Guzzi seems to be an inconvienence.
I want a dealer even half as good as that.

Well guys, I'm glad to finally see that my story has gotten some attention here. I was beginning to wonder why there were no comments. I'm extremely pleased with my dealer's generosity and I will replay him with as much good will (referrals, etc.) as I can. He's earned a lot - and he'll get it back. BTW, he runs a one man-shop. Used to work for a Yamaha dealer. Went solo about 12 years ago. He's an official MG dealer but most of his business is MG repairs. Doesn't carry any stock of new bikes. Instead he gets demo bikes from the importer for test rides for his new bike buyers. So no shiny showroom - but I guy who he cares about his customers.

Finally, he says he's going to turn my "old" bike into a track-only bike. I'll post pictures when it is ready.

Meanwhile here's a pic of his shop,,,, always something different parked in front.

mrwi2r.jpg

Good score. You are lucky to have such a good dealer taking care of you.

Hello;

Great story... Super dealer services...

I love those 'little hole in the walll" shops with a dedicated owner.

A shop like that would never fly in the US. Not enough bling to attract customers.

Back