• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Please - explain the relationships between.....

mcwilljg

Just got it firing!
...the ECU, the immobilizer, the internal computer accessed with a user code, and the programmed ignition keys with internal chip.

Not knowing anything about all of this resulted in my buying a used '06 Breva 1100 that came with only 1 programmed key and no clue what the password might be. So, I couldn't program additional keys. For two years I have been very careful not to lose that one key while trying to find someone that could either retrieve the user code or, failing that, disable the immobilizer. Yesterday I lost the key. My bike is out of action until I can get someone to disable the immobilizer, allowing any properly cut key to unlock the ignition.

The ECU on the Breva and the Duc GT 1000 are exactly the same (IAW 5AM). A Ducati shop in Houston disabled the immobilizer on my '09 Ducati, so I know it can be done. I just can't find a MG shop with the necessary tools. Since the ECU is the same as that on the GT 1000, I've thought about letting the Duc shop disable the immobilizer, but I also want the ECU reflashed to optimize fuel flow a for tuned exhaust and K&N filter. I doubt the Ducati shop could set it properly.

I know I'm asking for a lot of info here, but if someone will simply point me to a shop with these capabilities and in the vicinity of East Texas (3 hrs N of Houston, 4.5 hrs SE of Dallas, 4.5 miles NE of Austin) I would appreciate it. The MG dealer that I've gone to in Houston doesn't have the ability to do any of this.

Thanks.

Joe McWilliams

Joe, With the very greatest of respect you must realize that your post looks like...

"I've just stolen this bike and want a key for it so I can on-sell it to some mug for a quick turn-over!"

While this may not be the case you can surely understand that anyone giving you advice would make themselves 'Accessory after the fact' in any criminal proceeding.

Buy a lock kit.

Pete

I can understand what my posting may look like on a cursory reading, but please note that I've only asked for the name of a Ducati dealer who can reprogram the ECU. I doubt that none but the most stupid thief would take a stolen bike to a dealer and ask for the anti-theft device be disabled or reprogrammed. I have a valid Texas title that I'd be happy to show anyone who actually has some valid advice, but is reluctant to give it because of the fear that this bike is stolen. For obvious reasons, I won't post a graphic of my Texas title on a public forum but rest assured I can produce it, and will, if it results in valid advice that I can act on. If you require further proof of my legal ownership, you can call Mike or Todd Haven at MPH Moto Guzzi in Houston, Texas. Furthermore I am a paid up member of MGNOC (#21701) as well as a member or GRIT (Guzzi Riders in Texas). I have numerous means of proving I did not steal this bike. Let me know what else you might need to know to calm your fears.

Now, if you can reassure yourself that I'm not a thief, and, if you have knowledge of a MG dealer who can reprogram the ECU or recover the unknown user code, all I ask is that you pass the name and location of that dealer to me. You need not get get any further involved. You can hardly be considered an 'Accessory after the fact' for directing me to an official MG dealer who will most certainly verify that I am the legal owner of the bike.

I came to this site hoping to find a sympathetic audience of fellow Guzzi riders. I am desperate to get a set of keys made so I can resume riding the bike that I legally own. I don't need to be told that my posting looks like I stole the bike, when in fact, it clearly does not look that way at all. A thief would ask how to by-pass the anti-theft without having to go to a dealer. Going to an official dealer would be the one thing a thief would not ask for.

I've just gone back and re-read my post. It is quite clear in that post that I only ask for the name of a DEALER who can reprogram the ECU and disable the immobilizer. I fail to see how asking for a dealer to reprogram the ECU implies the bike was stolen. Asking for someone on this forum to reprogram the ECU would be suspicious.

So how about it? Is there someone on this forum who can see this for what it is: a plea from a fellow MG rider for simply the name of a Moto Guzzi dealer in the East Texas region who can solve my dilemma?

Yes, MPH is indeed in East Texas (Houston) and I do business with Mike & Todd Haven at MPH. I've asked Mike if he could reprogram the ECU and he replied that he didn't have the proper tools to do it. Nor did he offer a suggestion for where I might go to get this done. Hence my posting to this forum.

Thanks for your good wishes Bill..it's looking like I'll need plenty of these.

Joe

Hi Joe, first welcome to the Forum and congrats on the B11. I had typed a reply to follow Pete's post in the middle of the night, but lost it... and my comment was a thief wouldn't show up asking about a performance ECU re-flash (and as for Pete, don't mind him... he means well though if you're new here, often you get that type of reply). That said, I have a spare complete lockset and keys if you are interested. Also, a quick search of this Forum will turn up my GT-Rx Performance ECU reflash services (thanks John), though it will require a TPS reset immediately upon reinstallation via VDST or your local dealer. Did you try using the codes listed on this Forum here?

Contact me direct.

Back