• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Power Commander 5, ready 'last' month?

Re:power Commander 5 or ECU swap?

I'm twisting their arms enough that they're ready to snap off. I can't give any more info other right now unfortunately.

On the other hand, I've asked the question of how many would be interested in an ECU exchange program for $750~1000 that would come pre-programmed for U.S. bikes, and the few basic mods that people are doing. This would entail a HUGE investment of time and money for me, but I'm ready to take the leap. Sound off below if you would put a deposit down now.

Hey Todd what exactly would that mean? My questions would be how much would the PC be when it finally comes out? I mean we have waited this long for it. It seems like it would be a waste of time for you to do the ECU thing if the PC comes out and costs less, does more and works better. I plan on keeping my Norge stock and quiet. I would just want the PC to make it run as good as it can that way. Can you tell us why the ECU thing seems like a good idea?

Approx. costs for PC-V is $369.95 and if you add/include the AutoTune module (allows you to build your own map, at any time) is $369.95 = Total: $739.90 -- which arguably is a great solution. If you just buy the PC-V, and have it custom mapped, your looking at the same ball-park... however, as always, the maps I'll build in conjunction with DynoJet will be very very good too for just the $369.95.

That said, I am digging into the ECU programmer for a project I hope to do this year... a supercharger on a Griso 8V.

The re-programmer technology offers unlimited ECU parameter modulation (fuel, spark, 02-sensor target manipulation or on/off, warm-up correction and well as alitutude compenstation, etc., etc.). This will require extensive map build time on the dyno (for me), to offer reflashes for everyone here.
Mille Percento and a few others offer this ECU exchange program using Euro spec fuels, for similar pricing and basic mods.

Everyone is anxious (and trust me I am more then anyone) for the PC-V, but Dynojet's focus lies in their R.O.I. -- putting even Ducati/Guzzi being way down on the build list. HD and the off-road PowerSport industry are big $ makers for them.

Thoughts from there?

OP here.....

Personally, I just want a $400 magic box that I plug in and forget it.

The Griso runs pretty decently, but it could be better. For a grand I'd leave it be...

Joe

I 2nd the "Magic Box" option. I'm not a racer but simply can't understand why my B11 is hampered when hitting it hard at less than 4.5k. Otherwise I deeply love this machine. A 1100 cc running on premium gas should not studder or ping on full throttle ever. Is there no solution? Yes I would invest $400 for a solution. $1K no. Does the 1200, 2 valve, have the same problem? Considering a Sport since the B1200 is not available in states.

I am interested, especially if it could be customized for the GT B11 crossover with stock silencer and GT Air Box. Let me know if you want a deposit.

I have to say I am with the 400 dollar crowd. The PC made a huge difference on my old EV and Todd your map was spot on. When I got mine dynoed they made very little adjustment. I would like to go that way. It sounds like you are tired of messing with them and being put into the when they get around to it file. I am guessing the PC-V is looking to be a long long ways off. I think for the ECU money I will just have to wait. The Norge runs fine now I would just like for it to be all it can be.

personally i'd be for leaving my electronics alone.
the mods i've done on the bike already have made it run so much better, i'm happy with that.

I'd be in for the $400 box if it helps my Griso 1100 run better (more torque and HP) with a free flowing slip on and breather...
Scott

a termi slip on pipe for the griso 8v is $899....and in and of itself it's not doinhg much for performance....so--another 400--800 for some electronim upgrades to help the bike boogy---run cooler--and breathe properly....i am in !!!! Now--can we please have it without waiting any longer.

Back