• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Power Commander 5 teaser

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
News on the new PCV, coming soon:

* Reduced size from PCIIIusb (less than half of the size of PCIII)
* USB powered from computer (9 volt adapter is no longer needed for programming)
* 2 position map switching function built in (map switch not included)
* Gear/Speed input (allows for map adjustment based on gear and speed)
* Analog input (allows user to install any 0-5 volt sensor and build an adjustment table based on its input such as boost or temperature)
* With gear position input connected the PCV is capable of allowing each cylinder to be mapped individually and for each gear (for example: on a 4 cylinder bike with a six speed transmission there could be up to 24 separate fuel tables).
* Unit has a -100/+250% fuel change range (up from -100/+100%). This allows more adjustment range for 8 injector sportbikes
* 10 throttle position columns (up from 9 on PCIIIusb)
* Enhanced “accel pump” utility (increased adjustment and sensitivity ranges)

Auto Tune for PCV (all models):
* “Auto Tune” kit will be available that includes Wide Band O2 sensor(s) and control box(es). It will plug directly into the PCV and allow automatic fuel adjustments.
* It can make a map for each gear and (on a Harley Davidson models) can map each cylinder separately for each gear if needed. (basic settings would make one map for all gears)
* Each map cell is individually adjustable so you can specify an exact AFR value for each area if needed.

powercommander_v_harley_and_sport_bike_rounded.jpg

Very interesting I especially like the 2 map switching... do you have a rough pricing guide Todd? and will they do one for the Stelvio i wonder.

I use a Tuneboy on my Triumph Rocket 111 which is also an interesting tool.

nomad wrote:
Very interesting I especially like the 2 map switching... do you have a rough pricing guide Todd? and will they do one for the Stelvio i wonder.
I use a Tuneboy on my Triumph Rocket 111 which is also an interesting tool.
Awaiting pricing info currently to post. They *will* do a Stelvio ,as it will be mine :huh:, as well as all of the '09 Guzzis.

I'm well aware of Tuneboy, but I'm still waiting to hear from someone who is productive with it... like the PC has proven. Also, I have to look and see if they've delved into the 5AM ECU, as it's a tough one to crack. EDIT: They do not offer (even) a kit for the 1.5RC (B750/Vintage), much less the 5AM as found on most all newer Guzzis since 2006.

Well with that bit of news, the Stelvio just got a leg up. Standard 91RON fuel should now be no problem with switcheable mapping. Not being able to run poor fuel is a problem where I intend to take mine....

Like they say - everything comes to those that wait, and I learnt many years ago in the military to hurry up and wait.

Marco, it will be made available for all of the '09s I am being told. So yes, the 8V would be included.

Jon, chatted about elsewhere on this Forum, that is a RapidBike module, and only can revise the fueling above the closed-loop portion of the ECU. Support is nil here, and I've turned away from their products.

Todd, Phil Arnold and I are very keen to get some dyno time in on both the 1100 and 1200 Grisos with this unit. Phil has access to a Dyno in Melbourne and I'll be offering up my 8V as guinea pig so the sooner the better, the 8V certainly needs something, especially with an open pipe. I still think the biggest bugbear is the temperature compensation. Once its over about 28*C ambient it gets far, far too lean.

Pete

Todd,

If I were to have a new H-pipe made, where should we locate the threaded boss for the 02 sensor?

Mmmm, very sexy!

Has DynoJet figured out yet they can sell more of these [and more of the add-on goodies] if they get the price of the base unit down to $200? I know, I know: it's a lot to ask of a bunch of electronics that probably costs all of $25 to manufacture FOB China, but I'm just saying that the PCIII pricing was always on the far side of the Laffer curve...

Do you think they'll support the old WM15m like on my V11LM? Are they going to throw Cliff Jeffries a bone for stealing his autotune idea from the MyXX ecu kit?

Anyway, great news, even if it's only ever available for the post-06 Guzzis!

Don, sorry I missed your post. Price will know.

Skeeve wrote:
Has DynoJet figured out yet they can sell more of these [and more of the add-on goodies] if they get the price of the base unit down to $200? I know, I know: it's a lot to ask of a bunch of electronics that probably costs all of $25 to manufacture FOB China, but I'm just saying that the PCIII pricing was always on the far side of the Laffer curve...

Do you think they'll support the old WM15m like on my V11LM? Are they going to throw Cliff Jeffries a bone for stealing his autotune idea from the MyXX ecu kit?
Skeeve, most all of Dynojet's products are made in Montana. Last exchange of hands, Dynojet Inc. was sold for more then 45 million. The PC's are a small percentage of their profitability.

The PC-V will *only* be made for ""2009+" bikes... luckily for us, this will retro back to the '06 Griso/Breva 11s. They will likely not be building one for the 1.5M ('00-05) ECU. In the era of $2000+ exhaust systems and $1000 reflashed ECUs, a $300~ish fuel module isn't all that bad. You can always try the $200 versions, or MyXXEcu. ;)

AutoTune/Cliff; heh, sure... he should ring them up. :pinch:

Darkwing wrote:
Any word on a release date yet?
None yet. Preliminary testing for the newer ECU (5AM) is going well... once approved, I personally will be taking a fleet of bikes to them for build out on the new units. Stay tuned here.

Call me confused (many have :laugh: ) but will there be a unit for the 07 + 1200 4 valves like the Norge ??????????

Back