• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Power Commander III Maps

Rugar

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Where can I find the Map Downloads for the PCIII?

No link to download from this page:
https://www.guzzitech.com/PCIII-Maps.html

And Guzzi isnt listed for the map downloads on the PC website.

Im looking for this map:
8.4.03 - Don G's '02 Cal Special Sport - Stock airbox, Stucchi x-over, LaFranconi mufflers. TL'ed by Orange County MotorSports, Santa Ana, CA

Thanks, Gerald

Gerald, that would be me (or Don of course). I pulled the link/files when they (PC's) started appearing on eBay for less then I could get them for. Happy to get you one when I'm back in town. Send me a note direct e-mail end of next week unless someone else gets it to you first. This is a serial or USB?

You dont want Don's map, his bike was seriously messed with and the map made up for it. I bought his PCIII and on my 02SS with the same mods ran so rich it could not make power. I had it remapped by louie and it made great power, I will see if I have the map somewhere, but dont use Don's map.....

GT-Rx said:
I pulled the link/files when they (PC's) started appearing on eBay for less then I could get them for.

Just a thought, as folks will buy stuff where they will buy it from, providing service is what your site has been about. How does posting maps cost you sales? I realize there are cheap bastards that will buy something to save a dime, but those same cheap bastards will still buy where ever its cheapest, maps or no maps. I think one of the cool things about guzzitech is the availablity of stuff, and you may sway some of those cheap bastards over here by providing the extra service. a link to maps is not to difficult I wouldn't think and unless you think its actually costing you biz, why not?

guzzi jon said:
You dont want Don's map, his bike was seriously messed with and the map made up for it. I bought his PCIII and on my 02SS with the same mods ran so rich it could not make power. I had it remapped by louie and it made great power, I will see if I have the map somewhere, but dont use Don's map.....

Thanks Jon.
Do you or anyone else have a used PCIII for sale that would work on my 02 SS? Im considering buying the one listed in the classified section, and was looking for a map compatible for my bike. Stock Air Box, Stucchi X-Over, Lafranconi Competizione Mufflers. The problem with the one listed is that it came on the bike when he bought it, but not hooked up, and he has never tried it. He is willing to send it to me first to make sure it works, but Im not sure I want to go through the hassle to find out it doesnt, then have to send it back. I would love to get a PC/AT from Todd, but I just dont have the extra funds right now.

Gerald

Gerald I believe I have a used serial port that I will stand behind/install/map for you to ensure it runs correctly if you want to come by.

Jon, I loose sales when people buy elsewhere online and (then very often) come to me for the map. As a service, I will supply a map for a small donation to the site.

GT-Rx said:
Jon, I loose sales when people buy elsewhere online and (then very often) come to me for the map. As a service, I will supply a map for a small donation to the site.

People need to understand that map developement requires Dyno time which requires Dyno Money $$$$. I bought a Brocks System with PCIII from them at full retail (For my ZX14) because they support me after the sale on maps and provide modified and updated maps to original purchasers... This is a bargain!!! Dyno tuning is going to cost $250 (the cost of an Autotune module) plus the PCIII or PCV. So saving $20-30 to not get the right map is not worth it.. Plus you are saving the wear and tear on your motorcycle from using a Dyno with it.... overheating, burning up your tire..etc..

I bought a Cheap(saved maybe $40) PCIII from an online vendor for my kawasaki Z1000 and when I flashed it to update the firmware it bricked it (Computer term turning usable equipment into unusable aka BRICK with a firmware update). I had a choice of paying a local dealer in town to reflash the PCIII with their special tool or send it back to Dynojet for a fee to fix the unit. OLD STOCK SUCKS!!! I ended up buying the force flash tool from dynojet as I have 3 motorcycles with PCIII's and I have bricked 2 PCIII because of 1.0.x firmware. Bike was down for 1 week, plus I'm a computer guy so if you aren't; the support is worth it. Dynojet support was excellent when I was calling it FYI.

Chris

Another quick Powercommander Tip, don't ground to a bolt, ground the unit back to the battery Negative. If the ground strap for the Powercommander comes loose on a chassic bolt/nut the motorcycle will fail or run very poor.

I spent $300 getting a great map made by louie for my calSS, I did it for my bike, but if I can share it with someone, fine. I like todd's idea, download a map for $5 or something. So many of us spent money making maps then uploading them to guzzitech, I just assumed it was to help the greater group. I know Don did not recieve any renumeration for uploading his map, but Todd is running a biz, I understand that. I will gladly donate my great map as it may help someone else. If Todd makes you a special map, you should pay goodly for his dyno time, but if forum members freely donated their maps, giving todd a handling charge for passing them on seems reasonable. Point is, big difference in a member paid for free map that is donated vs one that todd has spent hours on a dyno developing, two different animals. I would expect Todd to be paid properly for a map he develops, and I would also expect him to recieve some reasonable handling charge for managing the maps provided to him gratis...... BTW, if you have a problem with your PCIII from the internet, who will help you out? Todd's got a warranty on his and an actual address, not just an email.

Anyone got a map for a stock 750 Breva (2004) ?

My partners basically runs like a dog with the map available from the power commander website. Hunts on constant throttle and carbons up plugs :( To get it to run well I have to use a zero map. I've heard others having the same issues with a PC-III. I'm thinking that one of the reasons the 750 Breva was for sale for so long was the previous owner adding the PC and stuffing up the fuel injection and performance with this addition. I'm seriously considering returning the bike to OEM setup.

Initially I was very happy being able to tune the PC-III with my laptop and was considering a PC-V for my sport. But now with it looking more and more likely that the only reason I actually needed to tune the 750 was because of the PC-III changes I'm feeling more reluctant about the PC-.V Even with emission standards I just can not believe a modern manufacturer would send out their machines with "defective" fuel mapping that needs 3rd party correction for everyday use.

Mal said:
Even with emission standards I just can not believe a modern manufacturer would send out their machines with "defective" fuel mapping that needs 3rd party correction for everyday use.
Manufacturers spend time and money developing a fuel map to meet emissions standards. The map is usually not "defective" (although it can be a little less then good), but it is not developed for maximum performance. It is made for meeting emissions and running as well as it can once the first goal is met. Sometimes, as with my Griso, it does not run that well with the stock map. Some might call it defective, but I just figure it is a compromise. Because that is what it is. But even if it runs well with the stock map it can be made better with some tuning. But a device like a power commander is only as good as the person using it. If you tell it to add too much or not enough fuel it will. The proper way to do it is to find someone who knows how to set up the fueling and have them do it on a dyno. Failing that you can try to find a map built for a machine in the same state of tune as yours, but with Guzzi's build quality variances that can be hit or miss even if they have the same mods or lack there of.

Thanks for the info

GuzziMoto said:
Mal said:
Failing that you can try to find a map built for a machine in the same state of tune as yours, but with Guzzi's build quality variances that can be hit or miss even if they have the same mods or lack there of.

Seems to be so. My stock 2004 750 Breva doesn't like the map for a stock 2004 breva downloaded from the powercomander site :(

Back