Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Power Commander Maps

Discussion in 'Quota & TT' started by guzzirider, Sep 14, 2012.

1. guzzirider

guzzirider Cruisin' Guzzisti

I have recently fitted a PC111USB to my Quota 1100ES. There is not a massive choice of maps- does anyone know where I can get a good map for a bike with a K & N air filter and very free breathing exhaust?

Many thanks

Guy

2. ghezzi

ghezzi High Miler GT Contributor

Don't they have dyno's in your country?

I can't believe the number of people on this forum who fit a PC and then want to download somebody elses map.
    Nobody elses Quota will be exactly the same as yours, especially if one has substantially more miles etc.
    Somebody elses "loud pipes" may work/flow entirely opposite to your loud pipes.

I could tune a pair of carbies by applying a blindfold, putting my hand into a large jar of main jets and selecting any two. You would hardly classify that as being acceptable, but that is exactly what you are trying to achieve.

3. guzzirider

Thank you for your kind lecture- not sure where that came from!

Well actually yes we do have dynos- and I have some dyno tuned maps to my other bikes which I am happy to share.

But can't see the harm in trying different maps at home.

What is the problem?

4. contractor20

contractor20 Cruisin' Guzzisti

Ey Ghezzi ..consider yourself rebucked :laugh: :laugh:
    Musta been a tough week in brisvegas

5. Rafael

Rafael GT Reference

Sometimes close is close enough. :D

After dealing with the quota fueling system I determined that it would be best to replace the crappy TB and replace it with V11 TBs. Then install a PCV with two O2 sensors to provide the correct AFR to each side. My quota's problem is L/R imbalance in AFR. Yes, every thing is tuned and the TB is set up properly.

6. ghezzi

ghezzi High Miler GT Contributor

Not cranky or spitting the dummy, just know the difference between (beeing ripped off by a dodgy dealer using) somebody elses map for my bike and mods, and having my bike properly tuned with individual fuel maps for each cylinder.

The difference is chalk and cheese, spending half the money for a mediocre result is a waste in my experience.
    If you want top results - go the whole hog.

My experience with reading posts on this forum is nobody seems to ever mention Dyno's (except Todd).

But for the record, my next Guzzi will have carbies and a lot less electronics - I prefer to fix things myself.

7. guzzirider

Thanks to Todd for emailing me a map!

8. bltaco

bltaco Just got it firing!

How did the new map work?

9. bltaco

bltaco Just got it firing!

I have a 2000 Quota ES with a non stock exhaust system (no cat with different slip on muffler) and Power Commander. The maps supplied for the Power Commander from Dynojet don't work well.

Has anyone had this problem or have a different map that works better?

Steve

10. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Steve, write me direct email; Todd at GuzziTech.com -- I have a handful that aren't those shown on the Dynojet site.