• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Price Sloan health issues

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
All; The end of last week, Price suffered (what is believed to be) a stroke, though they did discover a growth on the front of his brain on Tuesday. He will be undergoing further tests this week. His wife Carolyn asked that any contact with Price be withheld for now. I will keep the group updated as I have info. Keep Price in your thoughts. Regards, Todd

Just heard about this a bit ago - terrible news!!! Thinking about Price and his family big time right now, and sending lots of love his way, for sure. Anxious to hear any updates as available, Todd - thank you. Take care, all.

Me and Bren are praying for you....
Bren looks up to you, you made her smile and she felt what a good person you are.
Best wishes
pricebrenandthepipe.jpg

twobeauties.jpg

Turned out he had two (rather large) growths in his frontal lobe (brain), both cancerous. He successfully made it through surgery, and has begun chemo treatment to ensure all of the cancer is gone. Just last year he successfully made it through prostate cancer.
His spirits remain high. They still ask for emails, calls & visits to be held.

In sympathy, I am now sporting a cast from a broken heel. Pain and meds galore.

Price was released from the hospital today. Has not yet had the bone marrow biopsy but will have it done on an out-patient basis sometime this week. Not sure when the next chemo treatment will be set for....supposed to be every 2 weeks so that would mean Friday 08/12 or Sat. 08/13.
Still no nausea from the chemo and hoping it will stay that way since he's no longer on IV drips... and not anti-nausea drugs prescribed for home.
I will keep you posted on his condition as we move forward. We still have a long road ahead of us, but at least he's home for now. Thank you for all your prayers......and for continuing to pray for Price as we embark on this journey.

This is the first I have heard of this!!!

At least it's great to hear that he is on the upswing from all of it.

Please join me in keeping a positive thought in your mind for him.

-Jack

It's been a while since I posted my reply back in August.

Anyone have any news about our compadre?

-Jack (now in Austin)

Price is doing quite well all things considered. Everything seems to be in remission. He is still undergoing monthly chemo treatments until next year. All systems go for now.

Hi guys, I'm doing well. Down to Chemo once a month. 4 days is the hosp for each treatment. I am very fortunate that the chemo does not make me ill. It has almost no affect on me. I just get bored to death hanging out for the 4 days.
Been working on getting my drivers license back.
Havent ridden either bike since June last year. I just passed the driving part of the tests. I failed it the first time. I got a female tester that rode a Sportster. She was nice enough but she was picky. She failed me. So I got a permit to practice driving. Took the test again after a little practice. The Second tester gal was not as picky. I passed. Now just waiting for confirmation from the DMV that my license has been reinstated. Then I can drive.
Next is getting past the wife to ride the bikes. She has been great through all of this. Just a little protective.
Cant wait to get back on the bike(s).Thanks to everyone for the concern. Hope to see you soon.
Trying to get familiar with Facebook. I also use Yahoo im as Papasloan. I am on that more than facebook.
Later

Price,

Nice to hear from you. Thanks for the update. We are all hoping you will have a complete recovery.

Great to hear that you are back in action again!

Talk more soon

-Jack

Back