• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Pro Italia Open House and Museum Ride

jdgretz

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Canoga Park - A great place to live work and shop
I stopped by Pro Italia this afternoon to take a look at their new Guzzi/Triumph showroom - nice place. A couple of interesting things came out of the visit.

First and most interesting to me, is they have sold out of Grisos and don't know when they will be able to get any more. They are also currently out of Norges. One NTX on the floor and three versions of the V7. They can't keep Guzzis in stock. Very cool!

This Saturday is the open house at Pro Italia’s new home for Guzzi and Triumph – more or less Verdugo and Broadview, 7:30 to 10:30PM.

There will be food, goodies and some folks from Moto Guzzi NA in attendance including Miguel Galluzzi – the designer of the new California 1400. Unfortunately that bike won’t be there (yet) but PI is working on having the West Coast debut of the bike at their shop. They will, however, have the 2013 V7 Classic.

Additionally, in February – either the 9th or 16th, there will be a ride up to Ojai and an open house at the Guy Webster Museum. Guy apparently has a new place to keep his collection. Close to the old location, but air conditioned and heated. They don’t know if the Taggart collection will be open as well or not. The Norton and Triumph guys will be going.

Talking to the folks there, they also indicated that if a group wanted to stage there for a ride, they would provide coffee and donuts.

jdg

jdgretz said:
First and most interesting to me, is they have sold out of Grisos and don't know when they will be able to get any more. They are also currently out of Norges. One NTX on the floor and three versions of the V7. They can't keep Guzzis in stock. Very cool!
Their inventory was pretty low anyway. I've been there a couple times since I bought my V7 last September and they never had more than one new and one used Griso. They finally sold the used Tenni Griso in the the last couple weeks. I have never seen a Norge there and only one Stelvio. They must have gotten the V7s recently. If they have three versions, one might be a 2012.

jdgretz said:
They will, however, have the 2013 V7 Classic.
In 2013, MG offers the Stone, Special, and Racer versions of the V7. I'm guessing you mean a Stone. The Specials aren't out yet.

jdgretz said:
Talking to the folks there, they also indicated that if a group wanted to stage there for a ride, they would provide coffee and donuts.
Since they are next door to Angeles Crest, that might be worthwhile. It takes me an hour to get to their store, though.

Thanks for the post. I try to check their Facebook page occasionally for events. They've got a suspension clinic this Saturday, but its sold out. If it's rainy, I bet you could still get your bike set up due to no shows. Catalyst Suspension is doing the work for $40 per bike. That's a really good deal and some of the best money you can spend on a bike.

Thanks for posting John. I'm going to try and make it unless I get washed off the hill here before then.

I'm interested in the ride to Guy's place, just the 9th is no good for me. So it's a new place beyond where it's been (the newer strip warehouse) the last handful of years? I owe him a call any way.

Yeah, it's been a while since I've visited Guy. I'd be interested in heading out there. Did Taggert sell his collection? I recall hearing he was going to sell it some time ago.
Andy

I don't think Taggert has sold his collection yet. And yes, it's still in the same general light industrial area, just a different building that has all the modern conveniences.

Unless something weird happens, I'll be there for the museum ride. Saturday night is a maybe as I'll be at NAMM all day.

jdg

Larry Loyd is coming to town. Lets meet for dinner Saturday. Post if you are interested...

Back