• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

PSI in AUS gripes

Tonym

Cruisin' Guzzisti
So after offering a deposit to the dealer (Blacklock's Albury) that were kind enough to allow me to fit the extenders to their showroom model, they made a few calls to PSI (Peter Steven Imports, the Australian distributor ) only to be told that they wont be importing the "Nero Ossidano" colour scheme. WTF the importer wont import the latest models, are they worried about a warranty claim for a black side cover?? It doesn't make sense to me; Having just returned from a few weeks away on the 1200 sport I'll give the importers a call in the coming days to find out their reasoning for such a decision, and let you know.

Tony ... welcome to the world of PSI aka Peter Stevens Importers. The best that can be said is that they aren't right at the bottom of the barrel John Sample Automotive was. But still useless, useless, useless - and both ignorant and arrogant: their corporate (lack of) culture must be a thing to behold.

PSI have no idea about a marque with history, and no idea about and enthusiast marque. PSI refuse to import some Vepsa colours, too, PSI won't stock a full accessories inventory. PSI can't even match major / popular accessories to the colours they do import. Spares? What spares? I am STILL waiting on a V100 pillion comfort seat, 5 months after ordering it with my Mandello.

Worst? PSI can't be arsed to offer the extended Guzzi warranty available elsehwere. Gosh, that might mean they actually had to do some ... work ...

In the Vespa world, PSI swan about at events other people do the work on - leaving it to dealers to do the marque / enthusiast work. I've just been dragooned into President of Vespa Club of Canberra, so I intend to build a consensus PSI should go. My personal view is that if Piaggio did any actual customer research, they'd replace PSI on all brands in Australia. Best would be a direct operation ... but my experience with that with Alfa Romeo ain't great either. Sigh.

End rant - I hope PSI agree to bring in your bike.

Well after a few months wait ,the Mistral rear pegs extenders have finally arrived.

Not having a V100 (yet) , I don't know exactly how much the pegs will be lowered by.

Fitted them to my mates Triumph 955i and it dropped the pegs by about 4.3cm (not the 7cm mistral claimed ,but then again I haven't fitted them to a V100, so it might be slightly different....but it definitely wont lower them as much as Mistral claimed, but hey the wife was impressed with them, so that's a plus).

So the V100 is still on the shopping list.

We'll be travelling to Tassie in 6 weeks , and will make a detour of 500ks or so to one of the closest country dealers in the attempt to fit the extenders to a demo bike. ( hopefully they wont say no ... after all 10minutes of relocating pegs could result in a $30K + sale for them ( Have decided to go for the base model "Nero Ossidano" a new 2024 colour and will then upgrade the suspension, based on the 2 upweight it will carry ... as no dealer here can tell me if I have to/ how recalibrate the semi active suspension if I got an "s" model.) Luggage will most probably be Givi as opposed to the Guzzi offering.

So we're one step closer to the purchase , hopefully it will work out . Otherwise I might be chucking a few more $ into the Sport to keep it going for a bit longer (265,000k's now, and have over 7000 k's of trips planed in the next 4 months....fantastic bike but sooner or later its got to go)
Tony, just found this thread, do not really have anything to say on the Mondello, though we did ride one at the release day in melbourne. very nice bike, but riding home on my 1200 Sport, i liked that better.
My missus was the first pillion to get on the V100 so they were interested on her feedback.
Which was the foot pegs buzzed a bit and the grab handles were a bit wakward.
Anyway, my 1200 Sport is a 2007 model and has 135,000k's. I see yours has 265, great milage, has it had any engine work ? Mine has not, yet, and deosn't give any indication of needing any, gets used evrey day for my transport.

Gary A

Tony ... welcome to the world of PSI aka Peter Stevens Importers. The best that can be said is that they aren't right at the bottom of the barrel John Sample Automotive was. But still useless, useless, useless - and both ignorant and arrogant: their corporate (lack of) culture must be a thing to behold.

PSI have no idea about a marque with history, and no idea about and enthusiast marque. PSI refuse to import some Vepsa colours, too, PSI won't stock a full accessories inventory. PSI can't even match major / popular accessories to the colours they do import. Spares? What spares? I am STILL waiting on a V100 pillion comfort seat, 5 months after ordering it with my Mandello.

Worst? PSI can't be arsed to offer the extended Guzzi warranty available elsehwere. Gosh, that might mean they actually had to do some ... work ...

In the Vespa world, PSI swan about at events other people do the work on - leaving it to dealers to do the marque / enthusiast work. I've just been dragooned into President of Vespa Club of Canberra, so I intend to build a consensus PSI should go. My personal view is that if Piaggio did any actual customer research, they'd replace PSI on all brands in Australia. Best would be a direct operation ... but my experience with that with Alfa Romeo ain't great either. Sigh.

End rant - I hope PSI agree to bring in your bike.

A rant or the truth.

I tried to find PSI's phone number so I could talk to someone directly but that proved to be an exercise in futility.

So I thought I'd call one of Peter Stevens stores to see how I get on, well after a number of emails and leaving messages for a salesperson to call me back, I called again an actually got to speak to a sales person who will follow up PSI and let me know of whether or not the new colour schemes will be available in Australia.

Having not heard any thing I chased him up the other day , only to be told he hasn't heard anything as yet and will follow them up again and that he will be in contact...I still haven't heard anything but plan to chase them up again later this week (giving them the benefit of doubt, that they might be waiting to hear back from Italy).

Tony, just found this thread, do not really have anything to say on the Mondello, though we did ride one at the release day in melbourne. very nice bike, but riding home on my 1200 Sport, i liked that better.
My missus was the first pillion to get on the V100 so they were interested on her feedback.
Which was the foot pegs buzzed a bit and the grab handles were a bit wakward.
Anyway, my 1200 Sport is a 2007 model and has 135,000k's. I see yours has 265, great milage, has it had any engine work ? Mine has not, yet, and deosn't give any indication of needing any, gets used evrey day for my transport.

Gary A

Hi Gary

Well as crazy as it sounds I just received a rack from Italy that I ordered a week or so ago to fit on my yet to be purchased V100.
(Cant stand the look of the Guzzi original rack.. its just too high)

I think with a few mods the Mandello will be a good replacement for my Sport , good to hear your missus comments about the bike.

We'll see about the foot pegs buzzing, but in terms of the grab handles I'm/we're not bothered as Cath never uses them anyway.

Hopefully PSI will import the 2024 "nero Ossidiana" colour that I'm after , so I'll have something to fit the accessories I'm purchasing to.

In terms of your question about what engine work I've had done to the bike, A guy that used to post on this forum did some work for me ( I cant find his post, but below is what I once copied of the work that was done)

« on: April 20, 2017, 02:10:29 AM »

I wont detail things because whenever I do the trolls seem to pour out of the woodwork and quite simply I can't be arsed but we're just completing a 200,000km overhaul of a 1200 Sport 2V and the news is very good.

If you are the sort of person who thinks a motorbike is buggered at 50,000 miles think again. This thing is bog stock apart from a map. It's the one that I found out about the lack of grease in the shock linkages and swingarm bearings with at about 50,000km. Well the new ones we put in then with a ton of grease went straight back in. Steering head bearings needed greasing, that's all.

It needed a clutch and the friction faces grinding. The gearbox needed nothing. The CARC needed nothing. The engine required more than anything new rings, they were buggered. The heads? They needed K-lines in the exhaust guides only, (Really!) and if it wasn't for the fact that it'll do another 200,000 before it comes back again the valves would of gone round again!

A new camchain just because. Rocker spindles and bushes were fine. Tappets were fine. Cam was fine! Bugger me? What does it take to kill one of these things!

Some seals were a bit weepy and were replaced as a matter of course but really it was in remarkably good shape. It's not a bike that is 'Babied' by any stretch of the imagination. It does high miles loaded to the gunwales with two people and travelling gear. What a star!

Pete

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since then, other than the usual servicing, I've done bugger all with the exception of greasing the shock linkages and replacing the swing arm bearings , which I did today. (the information I got from this site made it an easy job.........even if removing the old races was initially a bit of a challenge ( ended up making a puller out of a bit of steel , cutting down some cup bolts and a bit of plumber plastic joining pipe so the races had some where to go) it worked a treat

Hi Gary

Well as crazy as it sounds I just received a rack from Italy that I ordered a week or so ago to fit on my yet to be purchased V100.
(Cant stand the look of the Guzzi original rack.. its just too high)

I think with a few mods the Mandello will be a good replacement for my Sport , good to hear your missus comments about the bike.

We'll see about the foot pegs buzzing, but in terms of the grab handles I'm/we're not bothered as Cath never uses them anyway.

Hopefully PSI will import the 2024 "nero Ossidiana" colour that I'm after , so I'll have something to fit the accessories I'm purchasing to.

In terms of your question about what engine work I've had done to the bike, A guy that used to post on this forum did some work for me ( I cant find his post, but below is what I once copied of the work that was done)

« on: April 20, 2017, 02:10:29 AM »

I wont detail things because whenever I do the trolls seem to pour out of the woodwork and quite simply I can't be arsed but we're just completing a 200,000km overhaul of a 1200 Sport 2V and the news is very good.

If you are the sort of person who thinks a motorbike is buggered at 50,000 miles think again. This thing is bog stock apart from a map. It's the one that I found out about the lack of grease in the shock linkages and swingarm bearings with at about 50,000km. Well the new ones we put in then with a ton of grease went straight back in. Steering head bearings needed greasing, that's all.

It needed a clutch and the friction faces grinding. The gearbox needed nothing. The CARC needed nothing. The engine required more than anything new rings, they were buggered. The heads? They needed K-lines in the exhaust guides only, (Really!) and if it wasn't for the fact that it'll do another 200,000 before it comes back again the valves would of gone round again!

A new camchain just because. Rocker spindles and bushes were fine. Tappets were fine. Cam was fine! Bugger me? What does it take to kill one of these things!

Some seals were a bit weepy and were replaced as a matter of course but really it was in remarkably good shape. It's not a bike that is 'Babied' by any stretch of the imagination. It does high miles loaded to the gunwales with two people and travelling gear. What a star!

Pete

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since then, other than the usual servicing, I've done bugger all with the exception of greasing the shock linkages and replacing the swing arm bearings , which I did today. (the information I got from this site made it an easy job.........even if removing the old races was initially a bit of a challenge ( ended up making a puller out of a bit of steel , cutting down some cup bolts and a bit of plumber plastic joining pipe so the races had some where to go) it worked a treat
Hi Tony, that is amazing, a rack from Italy arrives in a week or so !

I did love the V100, rode both of the versions but really found both fantastic. The better suspension always sounds good, especially on the rouds around here, Teesdale, outside Geelong.

When we rode there was a fair few of the Moto Guzzi Club of Vic there and i notice most of them have bought one.

My 1200 Sport was a one owner bike from WA, sold and serviced at Thunderbikes its whole life, been around Aus a few times so i got it at 88,000k's.

Next holidays is to pull apart the rear end and check over the drive, swing arm and suspension bearings.

They are even fun to work on.

Thank you for this information, i am copying it to save as a reference,

Gary A

Back